Tutorial  Updated

How-To Start Discord Minimized

Because of the way that Discord was built, the only time you can minimize it is when the actual chat form opens. The beginning update splash page is not part of the main form, so we need to wait for the main chat form. Also you can't give the chat form the command to minimize as it doesn't use the standard winform code. So we give it the taskkill command which Discord intercepts and minimizes to system tray instead of closing.

1) Right click on the Discord system tray icon and uncheck the start when windows starts option.

2) Make a .bat file with the following content:

Code:
@Echo off
start /wait %LOCALAPPDATA%\Discord\Update.exe --processStart Discord.exe

@For /f "Delims=:" %%A in ('tasklist /v /fi "WINDOWTITLE eq Discord"') do @if %%A==INFO echo Prog not running

timeout 10

taskkill /IM discord.exe

3) Put the .bat file in your "%APPDATA%\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup" folder.

Now Discord will minimize after 10 seconds after it starts up. You can shrink the time by altering the "timeout" function.

If you want an already made batch file visit https://newagesoldier.com/how-to-minimize-discord-on-startup/

Last edited by Erfg1,
Reactions: Tumoche and spkuja

nueetxgbzzt

Trophies
XP
Country
Bahamas, The
Thanks for this! It really bugs me that discord starts as a full window.

Here's what I use.

Code:
@Echo off
start /wait %LOCALAPPDATA%\Discord\Update.exe --processStart Discord.exe

@For /f "Delims=:" %%A in ('tasklist /v /fi "WINDOWTITLE eq Discord"') do @if %%A==INFO echo Prog not running

timeout 1
taskkill /IM discord.exe
timeout 1
taskkill /IM discord.exe
timeout 1
taskkill /IM discord.exe

Because Discord lauches fast on my SSD, there's no reason to wait 10 secs. So this tries to close it as soon as possible.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1