Hacking [How-to] Spoof firmware (to access eShop and more) on New 3DS and Old 3DS

aos10

Yuuki chan
Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Don't download in sleep mode, download straight away and leave it awake.
thanks
why it won't work in sleep mode ?
also , when it start download in sleep mode and create a shortcut in the menu , i can't resume the download and tell me to update the system to use that feature

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I don't know why it doesn't work in sleep mode, maybe that feature would need an additional patch. Not sure anyone will spend the time to figure it out when just doing an immediate download works.

blattkube

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
That's probably asked before but if i have a cia game installed and it says there is an update available, can i use this method to go to the eshop and download it? (Thank you for your replies, 45 pages thread is a bit long for such a simple question :)

Jhyrachy

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
That's probably asked before but if i have a cia game installed and it says there is an update available, can i use this method to go to the eshop and download it? (Thank you for your replies, 45 pages thread is a bit long for such a simple question :)
yes you can.

Only be carefull to do not download while in sleep mode, or it will not work!

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
yes you can.

Only be carefull to do not download while in sleep mode, or it will not work!
I could have sworn that sleep mode downloading works on O3DS when spoofing. Now I need to try it out.

Edit: Nope, it's broken. Shows how often I use sleep mode for downloading things. ;)

Last edited by Hashtastrophe,

genericuser

Trophies
XP
Country
I feel I should point out that this may not work if you have a large micro sd card in your n3ds.
I had a 32gb micro sd card in my n3ds and continuously got the freeze on the freeing up memory step. I tried reinstalling the exploit, waiting before starting the game, and waiting after starting the game. The only thing that worked was going back to the stock micro sd card to run ntr.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I feel I should point out that this may not work if you have a large micro sd card in your n3ds.
I had a 32gb micro sd card in my n3ds and continuously got the freeze on the freeing up memory step. I tried reinstalling the exploit, waiting before starting the game, and waiting after starting the game. The only thing that worked was going back to the stock micro sd card to run ntr.
I use a 64GB card myself. It always freezes if I run anything else first, but from a powered off state, if I turn it on ->Boot Ninjhax ->boot PastaCFW->boot NTR from an installed .CIA of Cubic Ninja... then it works pretty much every single time. I doubt the size of the memory card has anything to do with it...

Elusivo

Shinobu Molester
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Anyway to do the wireles debugging with ntr while playing online games?
After I connect online on mh4u the ntr debbuger can't connect to the n3ds anymore :/ (can't patch full health bar online like this lol)

AvohkahTamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've got an old model 3DS running 9.2.0-20U and had numerous issues getting this to work, but eventually succeeded with a combination of:
Hard reboot > disable networking switch > launch browser > clear history/cookies > load url > enable networking > refresh

Oddly, the loading bar never moved, and the text never disappeared, but I just waited around a minute and hit Home and it let me in the eShop.

I was able to install all the updates and games I needed, although I apparently can't redeem my Mewtwo code outside of the Smash in-game DLC store, which isn't fooled by the spoof due to the soft reboot before it runs.

Is there any known trick to spoof the firmware for the Smash Bros DLC shop?

RikuKawai

Femboy Enjoyer
Trophies
Website
thisis.moe
XP
Country
Canada
Download the code.bin
Copy it to the root of your SD card
Launch the web browser
Clear cookies and history
Go to loadcode.projectpokemon.org
Wait for the load bar and the message "failed to load" to disappear
Press Home
Done !
No longer works since the 9.8 update went out.
It's possible LoadCoad doesn't work properly on my school's wireless though.
I'll try again when I get home.

Hashtastrophe

Wizard
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No longer works since the 9.8 update went out.
It's possible LoadCoad doesn't work properly on my school's wireless though.
I'll try again when I get home.
Oh, it works. I've used it several times since 9.8. It takes a few tries to get working and the 3DS needs to be shut off completely in between failures. Maybe try with the wireless switch thing people do? I've found that waiting a little bit after the "failed to load" bar is gone helps. Applying the code.bin twice in a row before opening eShop should also increase chances of a success. (It's in case it didn't apply the first time. If it did, the worst case is the second time also applies the same patch and ends up with the same result. Or does nothing.)

genericuser

Trophies
XP
Country
Okay, so I have a 3DS on 9.0 and another on 9.4. How do I go about system transferring from the 9.0 to the other?

Are you sure you would want to do this? Gateway does not support 9.4 firmware.

The NTR CFW only works on 9.0-9.2 firmware. Also, Rxtools only works up to 9.2, according to its thread. So I'm not sure it would be possible without updating the 9.4 3ds to the latest firmware (then you could just use NTR CFW on the 9.0 3ds and transfer to the 9.8 3ds).

genericuser

Trophies
XP
Country
If I updated the 9.4 to 9.8 and did the spoof on the 9.0, would that transfer the 9.0 to the 9.4? I'm basically trying to get both to be 9.0
Sorry, that's impossible. The system transfer only transfers your NNID, games etc. not the firmware. Unfortunately there is currently no way to get your 9.4 onto lower firmware, unless you have a nand backup from that system on a lower firmware (then you could restore it with a hard mod).

I would advise selling the 9.4 3ds and finding a 9.0 one (apparently wallmart still has a lot in certain colours).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end