Hacking [How-to] Spoof firmware (to access eShop and more) on New 3DS and Old 3DS

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Searching all around, I couldn't find a tutorial about how to do it. Unless it's right under my nose. I thought that since you can't update N3DS emuNAND past 9.4 that you can't do a system transfer
from the first post in this thread
*snip*
LIMITATIONS :

It's now stable.
Set your internet connection BEFORE and make sure it's valid.
Access the service you want after you see "finish" in the debugger.
Tested with :
-eShop
-eShop in games (update of Mii Plaza, DLCs, etc.)
-System Transfer (but the source and the target need to have a firmware in the compatiblity list) ---> a whole system transfer has been tested and it work!
-Theme Shop

TROUBLESHOOTING :

Question : The browser method doesn't work. What can I do?
Answer : Install the right version of the browser (see below).

Question : When I select my target 3DS in the System Transfer, it fails! What can I do?
Answer : Install the right version of CARDBROAD on BOTH 3DS (see below).

Compatibility list :
Source : 3.0 <---> Target : 3.0
Source : 4.0-4.5 <---> Target : 4.0-4.5
Source : 5.0-6.3 <---> Target : 5.0-6.3
Source : 7.0-8.1 <---> Target : 7.0-8.1
Source : 9.0-9.5 <---> Target : 9.0-9.5
Source : 9.6-9.7 <---> Target : 9.6-9.7
REMEMBER THAT THE EXPLOIT TO SPOOF FIRMWARE DOESN'T WORK ON HIGHER FIRMWARES THAN 9.2!

Browser versions :
JAP Title ID : 0004003000008802
NA Title ID : 0004003000009402
EUR Title ID : 0004003000009D02
Firmware : 9.0-9.2 (the only compatible version for the moment) ---> Version : 4096
REMEMBER THAT THE EXPLOIT TO SPOOF FIRMWARE DOESN'T WORK ON HIGHER FIRMWARES THAN 9.2!

CARDBROAD versions :
JAP Title ID : 0004001000020A00
NA Title ID : 0004001000021A00
EUR Title ID : 0004001000022A00
Firmware : 9.0-9.2 (the only compatible version for the moment) ---> Version : 5130(JAP)/5131(EUR/NA)
so, in other words, if both systems are in the same "compatibility range" and using the eshop access spoof, you can perform a system transfer

Reactions: Alkéryn

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The o3ds hack doesn't work in gateway emunand unfortunately. To get around it I flashed my 9.2 emunand to sysnand, but that's not straightforward and involves injecting firm0/1.

GhostLatte

GBAtemp's Official Van Master™
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I can't use the code.bin on my 9.2.0-20 O3DS. I load it from the browser, but it crashes. When I go into the eShop, it tells me to update.

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Have tried the above but i seem to be stuck on the black screen with the....

'LoadCode Loading...'

text and nothing is happening!. Is the code.bin file supposed to be copied to the root of the N3DS or GateWay SD card??

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have tried the above but i seem to be stuck on the black screen with the....
'LoadCode Loading...'

text and nothing is happening!. Is the code.bin file supposed to be copied to the root of the N3DS or GateWay SD card??
  1. That method isn't for New 3DS
  2. If you're asking, it probably shouldn't go on the GW SD

lettuce

Trophies
XP
Country
Oh yeah thanks.

So you need to have a CFW installed to get it to work on the N3DS...dont like the sound of doing that really

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh yeah thanks.

So you need to have a CFW installed to get it to work on the N3DS...dont like the sound of doing that really
Eh, NTR is harmless, only issues are getting Cubic Ninja and the success rate of booting (which is still harmless even if it fails).

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The o3ds hack doesn't work in gateway emunand unfortunately. To get around it I flashed my 9.2 emunand to sysnand, but that's not straightforward and involves injecting firm0/1.
Couldn't you have just backed up emunand, update it, do the system transfer, then inject back your emunand? Or am I forgetting something??

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Couldn't you have just backed up emunand, update it, do the system transfer, then inject back your emunand? Or am I forgetting something??
I was transferring to a 9.0 new3DS, so the transfer had to come from 9.0-9.2 to be compatible - the latest firmware uses a newer version of system transfer.

MattKimura

3DS & WiiU Enthusiast
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I look at this guide over and over, and it intimidates me each time. But it seems to become easier and easier to read through as the OP edits it.
So let me get this straight, I can do a system transfer from o3DS emunand 9.2, to N3DS emunand 9.2 using this firmware spoofing method? Or is it restricted to sysnand only? I'm dying to do a system transfer but still unsure how easy/hard it is to do, and if I should just wait for any future possibility of 9.7 emunand support on N3DS

Reactions: tipsytoto

dkabot

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I look at this guide over and over, and it intimidates me each time. But it seems to become easier and easier to read through as the OP edits it.
So let me get this straight, I can do a system transfer from o3DS emunand 9.2, to N3DS emunand 9.2 using this firmware spoofing method? Or is it restricted to sysnand only? I'm dying to do a system transfer but still unsure how easy/hard it is to do, and if I should just wait for any future possibility of 9.7 emunand support on N3DS

EmuNAND is a tough cookie.
If it's GW, no, as it uses a FIRM is 9.5/9.7 anyway and thus you can't run exploits once inside.
If it's not, then why are you on 9.2 maybe if you can fiddle around enough, but it's probably still be an "on your own" thing.

Reactions: MattKimura

KidIce

Smart Ass
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I use this to buy the latest Mii Plaza DLC in NTR Mode, will it show up in myGateway emuNAND?
Did you try this? I can't seem to find an answer on if this works.

New3DS FW 9.0.0-20U - I used PastaCFW and the YGW eShop spoof to upgrade my plaza on sysNAND figuring I could just restore my sysNAND if anything broke. It went fine. I know that the Bundle 1 games work on 9.X so I went ahead and bought them, again they installed fine...

Now I'm curious about the Bundle 2 games (i.e. Ultimate Angler, Battleground Z) and the Plaza upgrade (Birthdays, VIP Room). I've found a few eShop titles (fortunately free crap like Pokemon Shuffle) do not work on 9.0 or 9.2) so now I'm like to know about the new Plaza content before I waste a few bucks if they don't.

Anyone know?

DiscostewSM

Trophies
Website
lazerlight.x10.mx
XP
Country
United States
I tried this numerous times with my o3DS 9.2U, but it kept bringing up the need to run the update for the 3DS from launching the eShop (within it). But, what I hadn't done was restarted the system, as when I made these attempts, the system had already tried requesting that I update to the newest firmware. So, I restarted, and before it could ask to update, I tried the browser method, and it seems to work (I tried eShop with success). Downloaded a few updates to games directly (don't recall why various GB games needed updates), but the Sleep Mode Download feature doesn't seem to work (never got past 0% on anything).

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Yup! But for best results:
-Cold boot (Turn the 3ds completely off and back on)
-Turn off wireless
-launch browser
-clear cookies and history
-Go to loadcode.projectpokemon.org
-It'll throw a "Wireless is off" error. Close the error message and wait for the page to finish not loading. Then turn the wireless back on and refresh
-After the "Failed to load part of the page" message completely disappears, press the home button.
-It'll throw an error message. Close the message and launch the EShop.
-It should immediately give the login prompt or auto-login. If it doesn't, it will sit there for a bit and tell you to update. If that happen, try again from the start, sometimes it takes a few tries.

That worked for me on the first try! I attempted this version of spoofing the other day and wasn't getting results. But tried it the way you described and it worked on the first try. Was able to start eShop on 9.2 without getting update message. After exiting eShop I was even able to go to the theme menu and redownload purchased themes. (this normally causes an update prompt). :D

Reactions: bunny5390

overlord00

A motherfucking birdplane
Trophies
XP
Country
can we get the spoiler from bunny5390 ie this spoiler here, or in the above post from AT, to the front page.
Somehow I figured this out myself, but this method is more readable and makes it a lot more user friendly.
It should allow for 100% booting. Internet off, clearing cache and whatnot.

Reactions: bunny5390

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: aeiou