How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP

Discussion in 'PSP - Hacking & Homebrew' started by Rydian, May 23, 2011.

May 23, 2011

How To Softmod (Hack) Your PSP by Rydian at 7:32 PM (367,870 Views / 21 Likes) 1,164 replies

1. digr8one

Newcomer digr8one Member

Sweden
    Thinking about getting a PSP which one is the best to get (and perhaps easiest to install things on)?

2. codezer0

Member codezer0 Gaming keeps me sane

United States
    If you're able to use infinity firmware, anything but the street (euro only model) seems to work fine. It's a bit convoluted, but it's working flawlessly for me after all said and done.

digr8one likes this.
  3. mechagouki

Member mechagouki Kill 'em all...

Canada
    +1 on what coderzer0 said, Infinity 6.61 is the way to go (unless maybe you're on a 1000 or one of the "unhackable" 2000s), the install process is , as mentioned, a little more complicated, but the end result is the best CFW solution for the PSP in terms of compatibility and stability, I have it on both my PSPGo and 2000, though my 1000 is still on 6.60 PRO.

Good guide here: http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSP/DEVICE_PSP.html

SomecallmeBerto and digr8one like this.
  4. Lukeoftheaura

Newcomer Lukeoftheaura Member

United Kingdom
    6.60 vs 6.61 for a PSP 1000?

5. Pecrow

Member Pecrow GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Hi everyone, I have a question:

i am following this guide:
    http://hackinformer.com/PlayStationGuide/PSP/tutorials/how_to_install_661_infinity.html

I am stuck at step 4: Step 4: Flashing Infinity firmware to the PSP, I already copied the DATA.MFC to the FLASHER folder.
    I then click start and agree to the terms, but when the loading reaches "Loading special updater modules 5%" the PSP shuts down...

Anyone know why this could be?

==edit==

nvm

Last edited by Pecrow, Dec 28, 2016