How to SoftMod a Wii and play backup Wii, Gamecube and Wiiware Games

Discussion in 'Wii - Tutorials' started by stephaniie, Jan 16, 2014.

1. spacelaser

Newcomer spacelaser Member

United States
    u are the best!

2. VoidRuler

Newcomer VoidRuler Newbie

United States
    Long story how it happened, but everything on my SD card got erased before I was able to follow through with Step 3. However, I do still have the NAND backup on my PC.
    When I turn on my Wii without the SD card, it still works and has the Homebrew Channel.

What should I do now? Should I start over and do Steps 1 & 2 again on my SD card? I already have the Homebrew Channel on my Wii.
    Do I need to just restore the NAND using the NAND backup I have? Everything on my SD card that I had from Step 1 and 2 got erased by someone.
    I haven't gotten to actually do anything past Step 1 & 2, I was about to do Step 3 but I don't want to risk messing everything up now that I don't have anything on my SD card anymore.

I know this probably sounds really stupid, but I'm not tech-savvy and I wasn't even the one who deleted everything on my SD card.

3. wrettcaughn

Member wrettcaughn Misunderstood Moral Elitist

United States
    Now to see if I have any non-SDHC cards lying around...

4. Breadland

Newcomer Breadland Newbie

Canada
    You can use up to 8 GB SDHC. I currently have a 4 GB one and it works just fine with my Wii.

5. Graves

Newcomer Graves Newbie

United States
    I feel like something is missing. Step 1 details how to install HBC then in step 2 the directions to backup your NAND include using bootmii but there was no mention of installing bootmii between the 2 steps. Am I missing something?

6. stephaniie
    OP

Member stephaniie GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sweden
    bootmii included in hbc? =)

7. Alex658

Member Alex658 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Venezuela
    Hi, just bought a vanilla wii. Do i need internet to be able to hack it? I use my mobile as a hotspot for lurking on gbatemp and those stuff... If it's anything internet heavy i won't be able to do much to it :(

I'm trying to follow this guide, as text guides are somewhat easier for me to follow, then compliment with yours

https://sites.google.com/site/completesg/before-you-begin

Is it too old?

Last edited by Alex658, Nov 11, 2016
  8. amvmasterofdark

Newcomer amvmasterofdark Newbie

United States
    so i installed cios 236 and d2x cios 249 base 56 ad cios 250 base 57, but when i try and run games with usbloader it will have the game tell me to check my disk. is this becase my wii has no diskdrive? see i removed the diskdrive so i can do other mods to it and it didnt work any way.

9. DelightedAsian

Newcomer DelightedAsian Newbie

United States
    Wow you really went into the tutorial on this thread great work Stephaniie :)

Im having alot of trouble with my iso not working in usb loader gx and i hear sound but no video is showing up I tried Video mode being Ntsc but didnt work.

Could anyone find out what my issue is with my wii?

10. thecubicgamer

Newcomer thecubicgamer Newbie

Canada
    First if all, thank you for the guide it has been very helpful. I'm current stuck at step 5 where I'm supposed to install IOS249[56]-d2x9b47.wad . My problem is that I can't find that in my wads folder. So how do I get this .wad? Or how was I supposed to have it in the first place? - Thx in advance