How to sideload PSP Emulator on Xbox One (Easy to install, Runs Fast)

Discussion in 'Xbox One - Tutorials' started by wiired24, Apr 18, 2017.

1. kingtut

kingtut GBAtemp Advanced Fan

May 3, 2017
    United States
    I tested mega man powered up, It works very well with occasional slowdown (I am guessing frame skip could fix this) and no online support (considering that ppsspp doesn't currently support online)

wiired24 likes this.

2. wiired24
    OP

wiired24 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    Thanks for testing, I'll add it to the list :)

3. kingtut

May 3, 2017
    United States
    I tested mega man maverick hunter x, and it runs very well. Just do not click on the powered up demo as it is glitchy. Not that you have to, since powered up is already compatible with ppsspp on xbox one. I do have a question, when a game is not compatible, is there any hope for them to be compatible in the future?

wiired24 likes this.
  4. DrakeLyon

DrakeLyon Console Perfectionist

Sep 15, 2015
    United States
    Alabama
    I'm very anxious to try Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony. I just gotta get my internet service turned on as I just moved to a new home. Freaking PSP man!! This is awesome!

wiired24 likes this.
  5. wiired24
    OP

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    Persona 3 Portable on the Xbox One has been my life lately lol xD

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Sure, but that just depends on the efforts of the PPSSPP Team

6. kingtut

May 3, 2017
    United States
    I tested metal slug xx, it works beautifully

wiired24 likes this.
  7. wiired24
    OP

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    Thanks for testing :)

kingtut likes this.
  8. The3rdknuckles

The3rdknuckles Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    I can't get this to work for the life of me I connected my Wi-Fi in Dev mod of mode and I went to my computer put in the URL from my Xbox and it won't work it never connects

Last edited by The3rdknuckles, May 19, 2017
  9. kingtut

May 3, 2017
    United States
    Are both your xbox one and pc in the same wifi network? Also Check he doesn't change the url, he did that once with me? Also did you enable the portal in the settings?

10. The3rdknuckles

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    My desktop is connected through Ethernet and my Xbox is on wifi. Could that be the problem? And yeah I'm pretty sure the portal is on

Last edited by The3rdknuckles, May 19, 2017
  11. kingtut

May 3, 2017
    United States
    I do not know if using Ethernet means you are on different wifi because I have never used ethernet. But it could very well be, you can check by going into the xbox one settings and reading the network name you are currently connected to, and then going to pc settings and reading network name that you are currently connected to. if they are different, then that is where your problem is.

The3rdknuckles likes this.
  12. The3rdknuckles

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    Ok cool. Thanks! I'm gonna fiddle with that when I get home.

kingtut likes this.
  13. kingtut

May 3, 2017
    United States
    No problem, I hope that fixes all of your problems

14. The3rdknuckles

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    Ok so I made sure that the console and my PC are both on the same network and still no luck.

15. kingtut

May 3, 2017
    United States
    did you make sure you turned on the portal setting?

16. The3rdknuckles

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    I'm sure that's on.

kingtut likes this.
  17. kingtut

May 3, 2017
    United States
    The only thing I could think of right now is check the other tutorial on gbatemp that is titles "dev mode guide", you can find it by clicking on the gbatemp logo on top left, then clicking on xbox one, then clicking on tutorials. then you will find a tutorial posted by Mario

18. wiired24
    OP

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    What specifically are you having trouble with ?

1. Is your Xbox Connected to the same network your computer is?
    2. Give me a walkthrough of what you have done so far so maybe I can help you

19. The3rdknuckles

Newcomer
    Dec 30, 2015
    United States
    I'm sure it's on the same network. I'm sure my Xbox is setup right. I think the only problem I'm having is with the computer stuff. Like the visual studio driver or app. I even put my PC in Dev mode.

Last edited by The3rdknuckles, May 20, 2017
  20. wiired24
    OP

Sep 3, 2013
    United States
    Dev_Home
    You don't need to mess with Visual studio or put your Windows 10 PC in Developer mode though... All you need to do is

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------[ Instructions]--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1. Enable Dev Mode on your Xbox One If you haven't already the Instructions can be found here https://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-activate-and-share-dev-mode-on-xbox-one-up-to-3-devices.468161/

2. Download the Project Pegasus Client here https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus (Once downloaded open the .exe in the /binaries folder. The client will always be updated to contain the latest versions of the software so it's a good tool to have.

3. PPSSPP is the 4th Option on the list go ahead and press 4 and you will see "Downloading Please Wait" (Wait for it to download)

4. Once done navigate to C:\Users\Public\homebrew and extract the files using a program like 7zip or winrar. Now just go to your Xbox One and restart it into developer mode.Now at the very bottom over to the right you will see "Settings" click that. Now select the box that says "Enable device portal" Also check the box that says "Require Authentication" (Set up your username and password)

5. Now there's one last step just open up your browser on your PC and type in xboxone: followed by your port number so for example if your port number is 1143 in your browsers URL you would type xboxone:1143. Your Xbox One port number can be found at the bottom right of your screen after setting up device portal.
    You will connect to dev portal and you will see an option to add a file. Just select the PPSSPP APPX Package
    and upload it to your Xbox One. That's it your done.

Last edited by wiired24, May 20, 2017
    kingtut likes this.