Tutorial  Updated

How to sideload PS1 Emulator on Xbox One (Needs further testing)

PSX-BOX is officialy dead. Due to some other projects I'm involved in, I don't have the time to work on it nor do I have the interest in the project anymore.
cartoon-grave-stone-clipart-best-nwb3et-clipart-1.jpg

If you want PS1 Emulation on Xbox One you can either A. Get winpse10 for free (Not hard to find, just have a look around the forums) or B. You can install RetriX (A Libretro Port for Xbox One). Currently PS1 Emulation on RetriX is still a work in progress so keep that in mind.

Last edited by wiired24,
D

Deleted-379826

You do know that these applications are licensed under the GPL Sir. By not putting out the source code your violating the License of Win64e10 (A Fork Of Mupen64, and WinPSe a Fork of PCSX-r also licensed under the GPL. I'm not forcing people to pay for these emulators. Nor am i stopping people from getting them from your site. I'd just ask that the team at Xb1emu respect the GPL and make the source code publicly avaible
I'd say it's fishy. He just joined to post that and says he's from china.

shikitou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
You didn't ask me at all. We didn't say we don't offer the source code. Instead we mentioned our projects are based on the open sourced project. If you request the code, you'll get it. Your action would stop us for further development. We even don't have enough funds for further development. We have cost of coding and website hosting. I'm afraid we can't continue if you keep doing this.

Last edited by shikitou,

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd say it's fishy. He just joined to post that and says he's from china.

Whether he is or not the author of the fork is in violation of the license of the software.
You didn't ask me at all. We didn't say we don't offer the source code. Instead we mentioned our projects are based on the open sourced project. If you request the code, you'll get it.

Under the GPL it's mandated that the source code be included in the program that you distribute though along with any changes you make to the existing program. Under the license "Permission is granted to redistribute and make copies" Permision is already granted by the license of the software

Reactions: Deleted-379826

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't ask me at all. We didn't say we don't offer the source code. Instead we mentioned our projects are based on the open sourced project. If you request the code, you'll get it.
one: he didnt literrally ask you already, this whole thread is kinda asking that. two: yeah, not to be racist but literrally joining to post that comment and saying your from china is a bit suspicious.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You didn't ask me at all. We didn't say we don't offer the source code. Instead we mentioned our projects are based on the open sourced project. If you request the code, you'll get it. Your action would stop us for further development. We even don't have enough funds for further development. We have cost of coding and website hosting. I'm afraid we can't continue if you keep doing this.

I gave you over $20 of my own money man actually more considering I bought your emulators twice once on the site and once in the store. I understand you guys have server costs and other expenses to keep up with all I'm asking is just make it public. people should not have to ask for it. If they have to ask for source then it's private

Reactions: Enovale

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I gave you over $20 of my own money man actually more considering I bought your emulators twice once on the site and once in the store. I understand you guys have server costs and other expenses to keep up with all I'm asking is just make it public. people should not have to ask for it. If they have to ask for source then it's private
you should be thanking him, hes probably spent more money on your shit then anyone else.

shikitou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
one: he didnt literrally ask you already, this whole thread is kinda asking that. two: yeah, not to be racist but literrally joining to post that comment and saying your from china is a bit suspicious.
I am from China, but I am indeed the developer who port the emulators.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tell ya what I'll remove the link to the PSX Emulator (It's a bit of a mess atm anyways)

I'll also take down the adfly links. But I want you to release the source code publicly so that when people buy the emulator they have access to the source code in addition to any changes that are made by the team. Can we agree on that?

D

Deleted-379826

Tell ya what I'll remove the link to the PSX Emulator (It's a bit of a mess atm anyways)

I'll also take down the adfly links. But I want you to release the source code publicly so that when people buy the emulator they have access to the source code in addition to any changes that are made by the team. Can we agree on that?
No, don't remove the emulator! Plus this guy either has to prove he's the real deal or he's bullshitting you.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: wiired24

shikitou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
No, you are wrong. It's not necessary to do that, as soon as it's mentioned the code coulbe get obtained.

Okay source could be released then. Just don't make money on things in this way. I understand you are a student, but it's not the right way to earn for living.

D

Deleted-379826

No, you are wrong. It's not necessary to do that, as soon as it's mentioned the code coulbe get obtained.

Okay source could be released then. Just don't make money on things in this way. I understand you are a student, but it's not the right way to earn for living.
Best joke of the year? 5 dollars a month is not a living wat.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not trying to come across as a dick. I just know that they pay their workers alot less. The currency is a lot different there correct me if i'm wrong. How do we even know you're really from china. I mean you speak fluent English lol. Anyone can say their from China

Last edited by wiired24,

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs