Tutorial  Updated

How to sideload PS1 Emulator on Xbox One (Needs further testing)

PSX-BOX is officialy dead. Due to some other projects I'm involved in, I don't have the time to work on it nor do I have the interest in the project anymore.
cartoon-grave-stone-clipart-best-nwb3et-clipart-1.jpg

If you want PS1 Emulation on Xbox One you can either A. Get winpse10 for free (Not hard to find, just have a look around the forums) or B. You can install RetriX (A Libretro Port for Xbox One). Currently PS1 Emulation on RetriX is still a work in progress so keep that in mind.

Last edited by wiired24,

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I would never subject a fellow 'Temper to some of the nasty sh*t these ad networks dish up but hey, if you're making 0.0001c for each user you shaft/annoy then good for you sport.
It'll cost you about 5 more seconds, but just use an ad blocker XD

beeswax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do, it doesn't affect me, doubly so because I have no interest in downloading this but I was just voicing concern for any other members who might want this and don't have an ad blocker. I've also seen nasty sites like adfly refusing to give up the true links if they detect your ad blocker. I really don't get why OP would do this and frankly, I'm shocked there isn't a rule forbidding that sort of behaviour.

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do, it doesn't affect me, doubly so because I have no interest in downloading this but I was just voicing concern for any other members who might want this and don't have an ad blocker. I've also seen nasty sites like adfly refusing to give up the true links if they detect your ad blocker. I really don't get why OP would do this and frankly, I'm shocked there isn't a rule forbidding that sort of behaviour.
Using adfly links is not like "foridden behavior", it's just a little annoying. But whatever you do you. @wiired24 can make it the original link if he wants to.

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Using adfly links is not like "foridden behavior", it's just a little annoying. But whatever you do you. @wiired24 can make it the original link if he wants to.

Thanks ElijaZAwesome, Alot of people use ad.fly. It's really not that much of an issue. I don't understand what the complaining is you are still getting a free emulator. I work very hard to provide the absolute best tutorials I can for everyone and alot more that people don't see behind the scenes. (Testing, compiling and building emulators from source etc) just because I get compensated $5 a month for using Ad.Fly (It's not much at all lol) It's not going to ruin your games or your emulation enjoyment.

Last edited by wiired24,

wakabayashy

Trophies
Website
www.anime-heart.fr
XP
Country
France
Thanks ElijaZAwesome, Alot of people use ad.fly. It's really not that much of an issue. I don't understand what the complaining is you are still getting a free emulator. I work very hard to provide the absolute best tutorials I can for everyone and just because I get compensated $5 a month for using Ad.Fly (It's not much at all lol) It's not going to ruin your games or your emulation enjoyment.

thanks for your hard work, I know it's not only a port of emulator, you've been working so far for us, thanks a lot

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't wait next :P i'll help with psp and n64 testing purpose games ;) but for psx, I'll pass :P but thanks anyway ^^

Well still I'm glad your helping test

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Do you know of a good place I could learn to code UWP? I would like to help, and I've been meaning to learn a coding language, just to say I know it XD

Well do you already know C++? That'd be my first question. Based on that I can give you advice on where you should go. And I'm glad you are wanting to learn it. I need more helping porting stuff (Like Dreamcast)

Reactions: wakabayashy

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Why adfly the link?

Here's the proper link: http://www.mediafire.com/file/8k6po2osbobmzkp/WinPSe10_1.2.0.0_x64.zip

Just seen all your other threads on the other emus, you've done it on all of them, why? Are you trying to make money off this?

Dude, It's very little (Like $5 a month) I've spent well over $20 of My Own Personal Money to download Emulators and test what works and what doesn't. I do this because I love doing it. Just because I make a few dollars a month doesn't mean I dont. I put alot of hard work into what I do. I'm not "Trying to make money" but I'm a college student with bills too and a few bucks here and there helps. If i was trying to make money I'd be selling them. I provide them for free as a service to the community

Last edited by wiired24,

beeswax

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I can see a possible scenario where I may have been a little harsh but maybe if you were a little clearer in your OP about what you have actually done here, it would make more sense. What exactly is this? Who wrote the emulator, where did you get the source? Googling the name of it, I always end up here: http://forum.xb1emu.com/viewforum.php?f=11 Is that your site? Are you the author?

From my perspective, it seems an awful lot like you've just lifted someone else's work, posted it on a free filehost then monetised the links for yourself - you do see why someone would think that a little low? If this is the wrong conclusion and you are in fact the author of the emulator, I apologise but if that's the case, you did a terrible job of explaining yourself in the OP. If you're not the author though, are you authorised to be distributing "free" copies of the emus? That site I linked to sells each one for $5 - are you ripping them off?

Last edited by beeswax,

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK, I can see a possible scenario where I may have been a little harsh but maybe if you were a little clearer in your OP about what you have actually done here, it would make more sense. What exactly is this? Who wrote the emulator, where did you get the source? Googling the name of it, I always end up here: http://forum.xb1emu.com/viewforum.php?f=11 Is that your site? Are you the author?

From my perspective, it seems an awful lot like you've just lifted someone else's work, posted it on a free filehost then monetised the links for yourself - you do see why someone would think that a little low? If this is the wrong conclusion and you are in fact the author of the emulator, I apologise but if that's the case, you did a terrible job of explaining yourself in the OP. If you're not the author though, are you authorised to be distributing "free" copies of the emus? That site I linked to sells each one for $5 - are you ripping them off?

The emulators in question are all Open Source Emulators. There is nothing wrong with redistributing these emulators. The GPL license which these programs are licensed under allows for that.You wanna talk about ripping people off fine. The emulators that they sell do not include the source code nor have they made the source code for these programs available to the public. Thereby they are violating the GPL. In addition to that they are selling emulators that are broken or just did not work at all at least in my own testing. (Namely WinPSe and WinPSPe both of which either had issues or crashed.) What happens then is people end up losing money because they paid for software that's broken. If that's not the definition of "Ripping people off" I dont know what it is. You know why I purchased them in the first place? Because I didnt want someone from gbatemp or anywhere else to go out of their way to pay for say WinPSe and it not work worth crap and lose $5 of their own hard earned money.

I'm not in the business of ripping people off and regardless nobody is stopping users from going to their website and paying for emulators which may or may not work and that do not include the source code. Here's the thing, I'm not saying they don't have a right to sell these emulators but they are in direct violation to the GPL License from which these programs were licensed under and they are intentionally monetizing on emulators that are broken or do not work very well at all and it sucks to be the guy to pay for something that doesn't work or has several problems and your out of money. I'm not charging for these emulators and when I did release PPSSPP I also respected the license and released the source code with it as well something they did not do. In addition to releasing it with the source code I actually made sure that it worked and was stable for people. The emulators that people download from me are stable and they do work well. The only one that has issues with stability is WinPSe and it is noted as such so people are aware before downloading it. When possible I always try to respect the license of the software. However I can understand it being an annoyance for some users to have to deal with an advert. I will update the links to include a link with and one without an ad so if people like the work I do with writing the tutorials and porting emulators to Xbox One they can support me but they are ultimately not forced too

Last edited by wiired24,
Reactions: Enovale

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

The emulators in question are all Open Source Emulators. There is nothing wrong with redistributing these emulators. The GPL license which these programs are licensed under allows for that.You wanna talk about ripping people off fine. The emulators that they sell do not include the source code nor have they made the source code for these programs available to the public. Thereby they are violating the GPL. In addition to that they are selling emulators that are broken or just did not work at all at least in my own testing. (Namely WinPSe and WinPSPe both of which either had issues or crashed.) What happens then is people end up losing money because they paid for software that's broken. If that's not the definition of "Ripping people off" I dont know what it is. You know why I purchased them in the first place? Because I didnt want someone from gbatemp or anywhere else to go out of their way to pay for say WinPSe and it not work worth crap and lose $5 of their own hard earned money.

I'm not in the business of ripping people off and regardless nobody is stopping users from going to their website and paying for emulators which may or may not work and that do not include the source code. Here's the thing, I'm not saying they don't have a right to sell these emulators but they are in direct violation to the GPL License from which these programs were licensed under and they are intentionally monetizing on emulators that are broken or do not work very well at all and it sucks to be the guy to pay for something that doesn't work or has several problems and your out of money. I'm not charging for these emulators and when I did release PPSSPP I also respected the license and released the source code with it as well something they did not do. In addition to releasing it with the source code I actually made sure that it worked and was stable for people. The emulators that people download from me are stable and they do work well. The only one that has issues with stability is WinPSe and it is noted as such so people are aware before downloading it. When possible I always try to respect the license of the software. However I can understand it being an annoyance for some users to have to deal with an advert. I will update the links to include a link with and one without an ad so if people like the work I do with writing the tutorials and porting emulators to Xbox One they can support me but they are ultimately not forced too
yeah, if anything he's doing it better than the original creators of the source code. and i like the idea of choosing the adfly link. its not much, but its an option. im sure its not easy to port emulators, or write them for that matter, but its a lot of time and effort just to be told that he is "shady" or "low" becuase he wants to get a small ammount of money for his work. "oh my god, how could you steal 5 seconds of my life because you spent time and effort to make the community something everyone can enjoy for free!" I hate to.. hate on you, but thats not very respectful.

Reactions: wiired24

shikitou

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
I am the author of Win64e10 and WinPSe10. You have to stop this. If you want to contribute to the open source community, just join our team who is actively developing emulators for xbox one. We charge fees for emulators because there're very few users who donate so we have to collect enough fund to support the bugs fix and new features. The fact that there're bugs in the emulators doesn't mean we don't fix bugs. Instead, we offer update regularly to our users. You didn't contribute anything to the emulators but directly adding ads to earn a profit. You are stopping us from further development because your even didn't mention our name and website that let people thought you are the developer.

Last edited by shikitou,

Enovale

Hey. I exist. Woo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am the author of Win64e10 and WinPSe10. You have to stop this. If you want to contribute to the open source community, just join our team who is actively developing emulators for xbox one. We charge fees for emulators because there're fewer users to donate so we have to collect enough fund to support the bugs fix and new features. You didn't contribute anything to the emulators but directly adding ads to earn a profit. You are stopping us from further development because your even didn't mention our name and website that let people thought you are the developer.
wow. the fricking creator is in. see the previous comments. He mentioned the original muliple times, with some *other* things

wiired24

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am the author of Win64e10 and WinPSe10. You have to stop this. If you want to contribute to the open source community, just join our team who is actively developing emulators for xbox one. We charge fees for emulators because there're fewer users to donate so we have to collect enough fund to support the bugs fix and new features. You didn't contribute anything to the emulators but directly adding ads to earn a profit. You are stopping us from further development because your even didn't mention our name and website that let people thought you are the developer.

You do know that these applications are licensed under the GPL Sir. By not putting out the source code your violating the License of Win64e10 (A Fork Of Mupen64, and WinPSe a Fork of PCSX-r also licensed under the GPL. I'm not forcing people to pay for these emulators. Nor am I stopping people from getting them from your site. I'd just ask that the team at Xb1emu respect the GPL and make the source code publicly available.

Last edited by wiired24,

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: You could say the same for a couple or so threads that used to be popular, I guess.