Tutorial Setup Custom Firmware w/ SigPatches

Were you successful in installing redNAND?

• Yes, it worked perfectly.

Votes: 173 66.0%
  • Yes, but with some hiccups.

Votes: 34 13.0%
  • No, and I bricked.

Votes: 39 14.9%
  • No, it didn't work, but I didn't brick! :)

Votes: 16 6.1%

• Total voters

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I won't be using right now since I want it to be perfected but, just wondering..

If I were to format my sysnand, and I have a hard drive, can I put all of the games on the hard drive, and then plug it back into rednand and they would work?
No, they wouldn't work. Also redNAND is pretty much perfected...

Reactions: DKB

Supster131

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ *:・゚✧
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With sysconfig tool?
Yes.
I won't be using right now since I want it to be perfected but, just wondering..

If I were to format my sysnand, and I have a hard drive, can I put all of the games on the hard drive, and then plug it back into rednand and they would work?
Unfortunately, that doesn't work. You will still need to format your hard drive if you format sysNAND.

Reactions: DKB

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sort of.
You can install out of region games, they just won't boot directly from the home menu.
You can however, use sysconfigtool to boot out of region titles.
OH? I knew you can install them already, I didn't know they could be booted yet?
Does sysconfigtool need rednand and iosuhax and all that? Like what's the process there?

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OH? I knew you can install them already, I didn't know they could be booted yet?
Does sysconfigtool need rednand and iosuhax and all that? Like what's the process there?
sysconfigtool needs sigpatches, so yes, you need to install it on redNAND/iosuhax.
Just install it like a regular game or title. Then from within sysconfigtool, there's an option that allows you to launch titles, just go from there.

KongsNutz

[Team Oceanic]
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sysconfigtool needs sigpatches, so yes, you need to install it on redNAND/iosuhax.
Just install it like a regular game or title. Then from within sysconfigtool, there's an option that allows you to launch titles, just go from there.
Damn alright, i don't feel like using rednand just yet, I don't want to format system menu because I have a lot on there and users etc. What does that mean for like all that stuff on rednand (unlinking would surely dlete everything)

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
Damn alright, i don't feel like using rednand just yet, I don't want to format system menu because I have a lot on there and users etc. What does that mean for like all that stuff on rednand (unlinking would surely dlete everything)
You don't have to format, you can just leave it.

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Everything from your sysNAND will be on your redNAND.
As for formatting sysNAND, you don't have to. Hell, some devs even recommend against formatting sysNAND.
For all we know, formatting sysNAND might even be a placebo, lmao.

castdreams

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm a little unclear on something still. If I have games installed to USB, will they work in RedNAND if I don't unlink my NAND's? Or does my hard drive need to be reformatted for use in RedNAND either way?

I definitely want to get this set up, but if I need to reformat my external HDD I have a lot of content I need to re-download.

iAqua

OP
Trophies
Country
United Kingdom
I'm a little unclear on something still. If I have games installed to USB, will they work in RedNAND if I don't unlink my NAND's? Or does my hard drive need to be reformatted for use in RedNAND either way?

I definitely want to get this set up, but if I need to reformat my external HDD I have a lot of content I need to re-download.
It'll work perfectly on redNAND no need to unlink whatsoever. You'll keep every game you have on there.

Reactions: castdreams

Supster131

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

If you do not format your sysNAND, your HDDs will completely work on redNAND.

Reactions: castdreams

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i think im a bad person