Tutorial  Updated

Setting up coldboothax for usage with redNAND, ;).

This is now obsolete, my CFW guide covers this, please follow this instead of the guide here.

THIS MAY BRICK YOUR WII U PERMANENTLY! ME/GBATEMP WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE.

Installing Haxchi :
Requirements :
  • redNAND setup, follow this to set it up.
  • All of the requirements that are needed for redNAND setup.
  • Some money, around 10$.
Installing Haxchi
  • Purchase a compatible DS VC game off of the eShop, here are some compatible games. MAKE SURE IT'S INSTALLED TO NAND, DO NOT LEAVE IT ON USB.
  • Set up haxchi by following the guide here, it's under Installation.

Setting up coldboothax :
Editing system.xml a.k.a installing coldboothax
  • Boot up iosuhax for sysNAND, compile this.
  • Place the fw.img you receive from compiling iosuhax on your sd card.
  • Boot up the homebrew launcher.
  • Run cfwbooter.
  • You should have a wupclient folder where you compiled iosuhax, open it and edit wupclient.py and add your IP address.
  • Open a command prompt window in the folder where you have wupclient.py and run "python -i wupclient.py"
  • Run "w.dl("/vol/system_slc/config/system.xml")" without the first and last quotation marks
  • Open system.xml in a text editor like Notepad++ and edit the default_title_id, set it to the title id of your haxchi'd game.
  • Save and run "w.up("system.xml", "/vol/system/config/system.xml")" without the first and last quotation marks.
  • Reboot your Wii U, pray, glhf.
CREDITS:
@smealum - Original IOSUHax
@FIX94 - IOSUHax improvements

Last edited by iAqua,

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I read a lot of people saying how bad coldboothax is but tbh if it was that bad why would Dimok entertain the method? surely he would stay well away from putting the make file in IOSUHAX Master if he thought it should be avoided at all cost, he even has a file made up for the sig_patcher way so it cannot be that bad!

Edit: Personally I would use the guide I have linked too, I have only just noticed this guide there are so many about. I have just noticed in this guide its missing a few pointers like for example making sure you have your fw.img as default on your config.txt, if your using one that is> https://gbatemp.net/threads/coldboothax-solving-infinite-loop-with-sysnand-cfw.449683/

Last edited by Reecey,

xtheman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read a lot of people saying how bad coldboothax is but tbh if it was that bad why would Dimok entertain the method? surely he would stay well away from putting the make file in IOSUHAX Master if he thought it should be avoided at all cost, he even has a file made up for the sig_patcher way so it cannot be that bad!
It isn't bad but it is very easy to brick.
Upload wrong file: BRICKED
Corrupted file: BRICKED
Wrong edit: BRICKED
ect

Reactions: ItsKipz

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended