Hacking How to sell an 6.2 exploit to Gateway?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
If the OP's serious about it he wouldn't have posted a topic because this attracts attention from all, even Nintendo so if he receives a cease and desist letter (or law suit) from Nintendo then he'll know why it happened, even if it isn't real.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
A lot of people would like to see it for curiosities' sake, but that would just cause more problems.

By the way, your signature is grammatically incorrect; it should be: "Hello, I'm a signature, how interesting.".
well there needed to be something interesting about my signature :P
but yeah i do realise there is pretty much no point for him personally to want to show the exploit and especially with wanting to stay anon posting videos just gives interested parties more to go on

CalebW

Fellow Temper
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm talking about homebrew, btw, is SMEA asking for money ?

PS: I'm not asking him to release his ''imaginary exploit''
I always thought of me as part of the free software movement and planned to release the modified launcher free for all.$
Well, if he hadn't lost his job he would've released his exploit to the public and might have worked on homebrew....maybe.

Refriger8tor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whether this guy's claim proves true or not, this thread has provided me with immeasurable amusement. I feel like I just delved into the depths of human nature and society. Wow. Anyways, my two cents is that #1 this guy just sent these teams a version of his launcher without payment and dumbed down or not if I was on the receiving end I could take it and release it without giving him a penny. #2 If he is legit and does get money his timing couldn't have been better because it probably won't be too long before Smea releases his free exploit to the public.

KennyMckormick

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on my limited knowledge. This exploit will be awesome because unlike smealum's exploit, you will not need to purchase a game. On 3Dbrew it's mentioned that the MSET profile exploit was patched in 7.0 meaning that you can still use the MSET exploit to launch this new 6.2 exploit.

Also, this exploit would be great news since it opens up a larger device base including the 2ds. I can totes see people buying a Gateway with a 2DS if it supports 6.2

Refriger8tor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Based on my limited knowledge. This exploit will be awesome because unlike smealum's exploit, you will not need to purchase a game. On 3Dbrew it's mentioned that the MSET profile exploit was patched in 7.0 meaning that you can still use the MSET exploit to launch this new 6.2 exploit.

Also, this exploit would be great news since it opens up a larger device base including the 2ds. I can totes see people buying a Gateway with a 2DS if it supports 6.2

I could be wrong but I think that Smea's exploit works on 2DS. And yeah you don't have to buy a game, but you have to buy a Gateway, just as expensive and you have to support pirates.

KennyMckormick

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could be wrong but I think that Smea's exploit works on 2DS. And yeah you don't have to buy a game, but you have to buy a Gateway, just as expensive and you have to support pirates.

If it can run games, it would mean that it has kernel access. AKA all the goodies such as emunand. Smealum's exploit works on the 2DS but it is userland (can't run games?)

Refriger8tor

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If it can run games, it would mean that it has kernel access. AKA all the goodies such as emunand. Smealum's exploit works on the 2DS but it is userland (can't run games?)

Honestly not trying to be demeaning here, but is there any other application for kernel exploit other than piracy? Legitimately curious here.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Honestly not trying to be demeaning here, but is there any other application for kernel exploit other than piracy? Legitimately curious here.
emunand, screenshots, installing stuff to the homescreen....thats pretty much it for normal average users afaik......maybe region free and FW spoofing but smealum said he should be able to get region free on ssspwn....not sure about FW spoofing though

Reactions: Refriger8tor
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.