Hacking How to run the kernel exploit on your WiiU! (Tips)

fiveighteen

Distractible Dabbler
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If people are still having problems, here are video tutorials:
[/SPOILER]
I used MrRean's kexploits.zip so I didn't have to compile them myself. Set up Wamp, placed all the files into the www folder, made sure the server is online, etc. When I type "localhost" into my browser I only see a blank page, and typing my IP into the Wii U gives me nothing. Any ideas?

EDIT: Switched to Mongoose, working fine now.

Last edited by fiveighteen,

YugamiSekai

Mr. Picross
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
1) Go find a WebKit CVE that crashes latest firmware (Google).
2) Hook exception vectors and get stack trace for crash using the kernel exploit on lower firmware (dantarion just committed this).
3) Port the WebKit CVE PoC you found to Wii U arch on lower firmware.
4) Port ROP chain and any other memory offsets from lower firmware to latest firmware blindly.
And why haven't I known this months ago?

neobrain

-
Trophies
XP
Country
How to self-host the kernel-exploit on Linux (or well, anything where python is installed on, really):

cd directory_with_the_payload_html_files; python -m SimpleHTTPServer

.. why toy around with apache when it's actually that easy?

Reactions: deformyer

s3phir0th115

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So how do you people live with this race attack? I'm still getting "race attack failed" after like 30 tries.

You're not the only one having trouble. I tried it a good 30 or 40 times and didn't get anything but a black screens, black screens with white pixels throughout, black screens with red throughout, and straight freezes.

I ran an original nook exploit to root it that also wasn't very stable. Some of them just aren't stable and need repeated tries, though I've yet to get this one working myself.

endoverend

AKA zooksman
Trophies
Website
zooksman.com
XP
Country
United States
You're not the only one having trouble. I tried it a good 30 or 40 times and didn't get anything but a black screens, black screens with white pixels throughout, black screens with red throughout, and straight freezes.

I ran an original nook exploit to root it that also wasn't very stable. Some of them just aren't stable and need repeated tries, though I've yet to get this one working myself.
It's good to know it's happening to other people. I'll just watch TV or something while I'm doing it I guess.

loco365

Trophies
XP
1) Go find a WebKit CVE that crashes latest firmware (Google).
2) Hook exception vectors and get stack trace for crash using the kernel exploit on lower firmware (dantarion just committed this).
3) Port the WebKit CVE PoC you found to Wii U arch on lower firmware.
4) Port ROP chain and any other memory offsets from lower firmware to latest firmware blindly.

Don't expect to see 5.4.0 in the wild unless an 0day gets burned (i.e. Nintendo patches it). We're more than happy to release exploits that Nintendo has already patched, but want to keep the good stuff under the hood. Also, we'll probably shy away from releasing anything on the absolute latest firmware because we don't want a lot of online cheaters wreaking havoc. People cheating online just gives us a bad name.
Perhaps I'll take the time to mention that I'm on 5.4.0 and somehow still have online access despite 5.5.0 being the latest. Additionally, wasn't one of the exploits in 5.4.0 patched in 5.5.0, and as well, isn't online play purposely disabled when the exploit is run? Or am I just completely misunderstanding everything?

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Though I have no use for it, since I wouldn't know what to do with it, I still attempted to run the exploit just for fun, and it always froze about 3/4 of the way through. I'm not too worried about it, but I thought I would throw it out there.

BullyWiiPlaza

Nintendo Hacking <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I used MrRean's kexploits.zip so I didn't have to compile them myself. Set up Wamp, placed all the files into the www folder, made sure the server is online, etc. When I type "localhost" into my browser I only see a blank page, and typing my IP into the Wii U gives me nothing. Any ideas?
Did you rename the default index.php file so that your own index.html file is used?

moops44

Prince of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i got a problem
i did all with your tutorials and it work well with localhost
but when i type my ip in the wii u i got an error that the site cant be open
my wii u is on 5.3.2E
i use open dns with wireless

Attachments

• Screenshot_3.png
    Screenshot_3.png
    22.5 KB · Views: 293
  • PicsArt_1440061182414.jpg
    PicsArt_1440061182414.jpg
    497.4 KB · Views: 347
D

Deleted User

ok but in the end...what can i do with this exploit? is there a homebrew list? what about isoloader?

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
How to self-host the kernel-exploit on Linux (or well, anything where python is installed on, really):

cd directory_with_the_payload_html_files; python -m SimpleHTTPServer

.. why toy around with apache when it's actually that easy?
Code:
nastys@ULNS:~/Desktop/homebrew$ python -m SimpleHTTPServer
Serving HTTP on 0.0.0.0 port 8000 ...
And when I go there with Firefox... it actually works!!! WTF?? :wtf:
Yes, 0.0.0.0:8000...

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
I suggest anyone having difficulties running this which I had. Bullys vids are great, no doubt the man but I suggest use XAMPP instead, unpack in documents folder not in C:/programfiles and put your .html files into XAMPP/htdocs folder/Payload or pyGecko folders and click on start/Apache, it should turn green, then use Mr Reans from page 1 /payload532.html file and also use wj44's link> http://wj44.bplaced.net/py/ as your pygecko.html file just save to htdocs folder as html format. Run your wiiu make sure you have OPENDNS sorted and you get the red cross on download management box then run your google browser type in the url bar your <IP>/payload532.html or just <IP> then it should go to the XAMPP menu and you choose from there instead, it should then return back to the wiiu pause menu so you know the exploit has kicked in correct and then go back in to google/url bar on your wiiu and then load your pygecko.html then run your game, say NSMBU and then go to your PC open Geckodotnet run as admin put your IP in and connect it should come up. Goodluck! :)

Last edited by Reecey,

nastys

ナースティス
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've tried ~20 times so far and it's not working...
Either the browser freezes or (mostly) the HDMI signal stops. The browser always freezes on the GamePad.
Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to open the browser from the Wii U Menu or from the Home menu? Or within a game?

wj44

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've tried ~20 times so far and it's not working...
Either the browser freezes or (mostly) the HDMI signal stops. The browser always freezes on the GamePad.
Am I doing something wrong? Do I have to open the browser from the Wii U Menu or from the Home menu? Or within a game?
clear your Cookies, close all Tabs, restart, Type in the URL direct.

Reactions: nastys and Reecey

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pkYA4rALqEE