How to run GBA games on your DS

Discussion in 'NDS - Tutorials & FAQs' started by soulx, May 15, 2011.

May 15, 2011

soulx New Member

Message Count:
    Ashmore and Cartier Islands
    Just noticed this, I'll update it as soon as I can.

PROTOBOY New Member

Message Count:
    Canada

I'm followed but didn't work :(, anyway thanks for help.

noob killer New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    dstwo has gba emu you should try it

pikakai Retro Gamer :D

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    dude try copying hbmenu.nds and ichflyr4igbaemu to the root of your card. launch hbmenu.nds, select a rom and keep pressing A and select newirq or newirqsound (depends if you want sound) and it should work. to save, save in game then pressY. the next time you launch the emu and load a game, it should auto detect the save. hope that helps. tell that to anyone who needs help with the emu :)

Ziggy Zigzagoon New Member

Message Count:
    Puerto Rico
    The thing is that Slot 2 Cards are now even harder to obtain at all, much less cheaply. Plus, there is the RTS issue.
    • Newcomer

oateo New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    I wonder if anyone can help me with this. I have a NDSL and R4i Gold and want to be able to play GBA homebrew/patched roms (Pokemon hacks like Liquid Crystal, to be specific). Would the slot-2 carts (EZ Flash) be the best choice for this? I've found a couple of places to get the 3-in-1, but can't seem to find the IV for sale from a US-based site.

Harsky Madmin

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    I would highly recommend the EZ Flash 3in1 for your combo of DS Lite and R4i Gold because it's what I also have as well. You can run the GBA games straight from the micro SD card but the loading takes a while. Compatibility is pretty high but sadly I never used it to test it for Pokemon hack games. EZ-Flash IV is another decent GBA card but the loading just takes forever. One to load the GBA game and when you turn the handheld off and turn it back on again to select another game, the EZ-Flash IV goes through ANOTHER loading just so that it can write the save.
    oateo likes this.
    • Newcomer

oateo New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Thanks for the help! I guess I'll go for the 3-in-1 then. Is homebrew/hacked roms something that people use the EZ Flash for, or am I just chasing an impossible dream? (I don't know much at all about different flashcarts/emulators, and it seems like most people run the hacked Pokemon games on emulators on the pc..)

Harsky Madmin

Message Count:
    United Kingdom
    If you're still super unsure, I grabbed the IPS patch for Liquid Crystal and here it is running on my 3-in-1:

WARNING! Spoilers inside!

As for why everyone uses the emulator to run Pokemon hacks? It's much easier and it's free but if you want to carry this game with you wherever you go then the EZFlash 3in1 and R4i card combo is great.
    oateo likes this.
    • Newcomer

oateo New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    Oh, awesome. Thank you so much for your help!
    • Newcomer

Dan-the-Rebirth New Member

Message Count:
    Austria
    hey in the first post soulXsaid you can also use the Cyclo DSi eveolution on a DSi but doesnt say how... i own both but my Cyclo doesnt show the gba files i put on the SD (cyclo fm 2.2)

can someone help me out?

Ulieq New Member

Message Count:
    United States
    You probably need an emulator on your cyclo yo.