Hacking How to retrieve my games

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys sorry for this, super new to 3ds cfw.

So I backed up my sd card before hacking my n3dsxl 11.2.0 with the 3ds.guide method.

All working perfectly.

So I merged my sd card backup with the new sd card, all worked perfectly and got my MHunter saves back, phew lol.

But I did have legit bought eshop games installed, which obvs are no longer installed but still on sd card taking up space.

So my question, what's the best way to get them back without ending up with 2 copies of each. Can I redownload from eshop, will there be a ticket issue or anything and if I do will this overwrite the old file.

The games are Super Street fighter 4, retro city rampage and a couple of others if it helps at all.

thanks guys.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
its weird, if you restored your sysnand backup all games, including the legit ones, should still be there.
generally, if you were to redownload from eshop (assuming you still have the same nnid and all), they should just overwrite the existing files (since they would go in the same directory).

Ldaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
its weird, if you restored your sysnand backup all games, including the legit ones, should still be there.
generally, if you were to redownload from eshop (assuming you still have the same nnid and all), they should just overwrite the existing files (since they would go in the same directory).
Wouldn't the saves overwrite as well?

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I think I messed up because I swapped to a larger sd card after backing up the old one.

I wanted 100% non corrupt mbr sd card with enough space for a nand backup.
So the games originally on SD were not there for the backup.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I think I messed up because I swapped to a larger sd card after backing up the old one.

I wanted 100% non corrupt mbr sd card with enough space for a nand backup.
So the games originally on SD were not there for the backup.

ok, i see.
oh well then, i guess you should just try what happens if you redownload mario land 3d, just note free space left on sd before and after.

should it somehow not work, you should still be able to remove the data through fbi. in the title section should still find the games and be able to remove them. unless you backed up all saves with jksm, i couldn't promise what happens to the saves though

Last edited by Clydefrosch,

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
ok, i see.
oh well then, i guess you should just try what happens if you redownload mario land 3d, just note free space left on sd before and after.

should it somehow not work, you should still be able to remove the data through fbi. in the title section should still find the games and be able to remove them. unless you backed up all saves with jksm, i couldn't promise what happens to the saves though
Cheer's, I'll download one of the games then and if the space left has not changed it's safe to say it's overwritten.

One more question though, should I download and install through eshop like I used to or do I now need to get a cia and use fbi to install (or freeshop?)

Ldaz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cheer's, I'll download one of the games then and if the space left has not changed it's safe to say it's overwritten.

One more question though, should I download and install through eshop like I used to or do I now need to get a cia and use fbi to install (or freeshop?)
I mean if you have them on the eShop legitimately then use the eShop.

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
No I didn't, if it helps I don't care about loosing my saves for the missing games, I just want the space back on the sd card lol.
Go to system Settings, software, 3DS software. See if any of the games are greyed out with a cross. If so you can delete them and get the space back.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Go to system Settings, software, 3DS software. See if any of the games are greyed out with a cross. If so you can delete them and get the space back.
I tried that but just not there at all.

Just downloaded one and my open blocks have actually gone up! Bizarre

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I tried that but just not there at all.

Just downloaded one and my open blocks have actually gone up! Bizarre

maybe eshop purged those seemingly faulty installed files? or its just that the blocks for the savefiles have been removed and will come back once you start the game once.

anyway, it really makes little difference if you install through freeshop, eshop or cia in your case, as long as you isntall the same region version as you originally had

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
maybe eshop purged those seemingly faulty installed files? or its just that the blocks for the savefiles have been removed and will come back once you start the game once.

anyway, it really makes little difference if you install through freeshop, eshop or cia in your case, as long as you isntall the same region version as you originally had
Ah good to know, I'm coming over from Wii U hacking and it's all a bit confusing tbh. I thought 3ds was all about the emunand but I'm using luma for a cfwsysnand and I'm trying to also find out whether I have to block auto updates etc or whether I was supposed to set up an emunand to boot into lol.

Getting there though ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is definitely working and freeing up space though so thank you all for your help.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Ah good to know, I'm coming over from Wii U hacking and it's all a bit confusing tbh. I thought 3ds was all about the emunand but I'm using luma for a cfwsysnand and I'm trying to also find out whether I have to block auto updates etc or whether I was supposed to set up an emunand to boot into lol.

Getting there though ;)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

This is definitely working and freeing up space though so thank you all for your help.
no idea about the wiiu myself, but emunand is somewhat of a obsolete thing at this point (it still has one or two niche uses, but pretty much noone really needs it anymore)

with a9lh, updates should, in theory, never be a problem anymore. at least not permanently. but you should probably keep a working sysnand backup around, just to be on the absolute safe side.

Risingdawn

Tempallica
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
no idea about the wiiu myself, but emunand is somewhat of a obsolete thing at this point (it still has one or two niche uses, but pretty much noone really needs it anymore)

with a9lh, updates should, in theory, never be a problem anymore. at least not permanently. but you should probably keep a working sysnand backup around, just to be on the absolute safe side.
Good to know, yeah I have a sysnand backup and my otp just in case and I've got the ninty servers blocked for the Wii U anyway so I should be safe lol.

Now I'm going to have a look around the homebrew board and see what goodies' await lol.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: @AdRoz78 start a thread and post a photo of the chip. +1