Hacking [How To] Remove the 022-2812 ban error with a CFW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Txustra

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
@ariankordi I have these files in the folder "sys" of my Wii NAND dump. Is this ok?
037102d100.png

KobraXMW

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
any tutorial for use wii certs to 3ds please?
Currently there is no tutorial to be used yet, since the method to be able to use the Wii certs with the 3ds is still being developed. All we can do is be patient and wait for a thread to pop up in the near future.

Jman_PT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
any tutorial for use wii certs to 3ds please?
We won't be able to use wii certs because as @Joom stated somewhere even using Old 3ds certs on a new3ds messed up the system causing wrong update and brick. hope someone find an easiest way to explain how to do it with 3ds cert

PF2M

Ex-Miiverse Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We won't be able to use wii certs because as @Joom stated somewhere even using Old 3ds certs on a new3ds messed up the system causing wrong update and brick. hope someone find an easiest way to explain how to do it with 3ds cert
You can patch the cert in NNID memory, I think. I saw it in NTR Explorer after pressing right on the D-Pad once or twice. I haven't tried editing it yet, and it might not be long enough to hold a Wii cert (injecting bytes into RAM may work if that's possible), but otherwise that would just change what's sent to the NNID servers and not effect major things like updates.

Last edited by PF2M,
Reactions: Jman_PT

Jman_PT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can patch the cert in NNID memory, I think. I saw it in NTR Explorer after pressing right on the D-Pad once or twice. I haven't tried editing it yet, and it might not be long enough to hold a Wii cert (injecting bytes into RAM may work if that's possible), but otherwise that would just change what's sent to the NNID servers and not effect major things like updates.
I'll check that as soon as possible. ty for the hint

Reactions: PF2M

Andarer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
He also said he knew what caused the error and that it was already fixed in luma tho.

Also, in his post he doesn't state he changed the header of the cert to match the console he was using.

Last edited by Andarer,

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I realized that device.cert files can't actually be generated
I feel worse that I jumped to this conclusion that they can and spread it pretty quickly.
I am so sorry

But, that was from a Wii and not a Wii U.
The point is
that Wii certificates do work. Obviously, Nintendo wouldn't have an OpenSSL vulnerability exploited.
I'm assuming DSi certs work too, but we're not at that point in DSi hax yet.
But, this is still hope, because if you have a Wii, that means you can unban yourself, and pretty much everyone on the planet has a Wii.
Since this works with setting the platform ID to a Wii U, this means that there is a possibility that the cert is shared between the Wii U's regular mode and the vWii mode.
So
Since the Wii has no online services except for the Wii Shop Channel (let's face it, nobody uses it, and if you do care, you have a Wii U), once we get a method up to change DeviceID and Device-Cert, you can dump your Wii NAND in BootMii, extract it, get the Device-Cert and actually use it.

This doesn't really mean that all hope is lost, it just means I̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶n̶e̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶p̶ ̶j̶u̶m̶p̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶c̶l̶u̶s̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶a̶b̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶w̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶h̶a̶p̶p̶e̶n̶.̶.̶ that it's just going to be a bit harder. MOST PROBABLY everyone here has a Wii, and dumping the device cert isn't much of a hassle or a risk.

Oh, and if you want to help me and PF2M in our Miiverse hax magic, you know who to contact. ;)
In all seriousness, the worst that can happen is your Wii Shop Channel not working, if we even do get it banned, well, unless you dump it from a vWii, then your entire Wii U will be banned if we ban it if you give us your cert.. yeah.

Um.. yeah, really sorry for this.
But they are interchangable, that is right. Nintendo isn't always stupid, they're just trying.
And you know what? They fuckin' deserve it for even thinking console bans were a good idea!

But anyway, if @Joom can actually modify DeviceID in ITCM and have it work, that would be great.
I can't find the signature at the bottom in ITCM, whereas I can find everything else in ITCM.
I dunno why I wasn't notified when I was tagged, but oh well. I'm currently letting somebody borrow my Wii, so I'll ask one of the other guys if they have one they can test this with. Since you discovered that the device types are interchangeable, that means the NIM patches that had to be done to Luma can possibly be reverted. This had to be done because when using the CTCert of an O3DS on an N3DS, or vice versa, the eShop will throw up an update nag and not allow you to use it without "updating" (TWL and D9 also broke). Updating results in a brick (duh), but this helped us discover and fix the other two bugs.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We fixed that, but I still get update nags on the home menu every so often.

It has to be injected into the ARM9 ITCM. If it were even remotely possible to manipulate the OTP we could make the changes permanent and remove the need of an ARM9 payload for injection.

Jman_PT

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
@PF2M can't seem to find it. any idea where to look? is it in pid22?
He also said he knew what caused the error and that it was already fixed in luma tho.

Also, in his post he doesn't state he changed the header of the cert to match the console he was using.
I dunno why I wasn't notified when I was tagged, but oh well. I'm currently letting somebody borrow my Wii, so I'll ask one of the other guys if they have one they can test this with. Since you discovered that the device types are interchangeable, that means the NIM patches that had to be done to Luma can possibly be reverted. This had to be done because when using the CTCert of an O3DS on an N3DS, or vice versa, the eShop will throw up an update nag and not allow you to use it without "updating" (TWL and D9 also broke). Updating results in a brick (duh), but this helped us discover and fix the other two bugs.

It has to be injected into the ARM9 ITCM. If it were even remotely possible to manipulate the OTP we could make the changes permanent and remove the need of an ARM9 payload for injection.
Can you make a guide for the payload compilation? I'm miles away of being able to do it without a proper guide. ty anyway

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Can you make a guide for the payload compilation? I'm miles away of being able to do it without a proper guide. ty anyway
I can't write a guide for source code I don't have. It isn't publicly available, and only one developer has the complete source, which she doesn't want to release right now. The binary itself is also tied to my Secureinfo_A (anti-leak contingency), so there's no point in me sharing that either.

Last edited by Joom,

Andarer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country

I'm very glad I took the time to look you up and link you here, I'm very new in this scene but I saw the potential in you guys discoveries, here's hoping it all comes to a good end!

Reactions: Joom

Deleted member 355359

Trophies
XP
Country
Mongolia
Since you discovered that the device types are interchangeable, that means the NIM patches that had to be done to Luma can possibly be reverted. This had to be done because when using the CTCert of an O3DS on an N3DS, or vice versa, the eShop will throw up an update nag and not allow you to use it without "updating" (TWL and D9 also broke). Updating results in a brick (duh), but this helped us discover and fix the other two bugs.
The only thing I'm really focusing on is patching it for ACT, but that might not even be possible. I'm sure changing your cert device type will confuse the fuck out of NetUpdate/ECommerce/pretty much every other SOAP service.

But at the same time, it'd be confusing to only make ACT think your DeviceID has changed and not anything else, and the eShop still won't work anyway. :\
I'm sure I could change the device cert and type to the one I dumped from a Wii in ACT, but it'd confuse that too by making account.nintendo.net think you have a Wii U and are using a 3DS serial number (this can be patched but it'll probably be forgotten even though things such as "fuck69admins" works as an SN on the server), or it'll result in a banhammer to your account.

PriMieon

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry if this was already asked but I am 022-2812 banned.
I heard system transferring the banned 3ds system to a not banned 3ds system would result in a dual ban due to the nnid on the banned eshop system. So the nnid is affected well the console right?
But the nnid is only affected on 3ds consoles ( wii u's accessing the nnid are safe) right?

So if system transferring results in a ban. Does calling Nintendo asking them to port you nnid to a new 3ds because "you broke your 3ds and can no longer perform a system transfer" result in a ban as well?
Like, is my nnid on the 3ds cursed?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
why isn't this being talked about ://
Because an RNG would be dumb. Nintendo has a database of all possible device IDs, and this is checked when connecting. This, and hundreds of people using the same ID, is why everyone using the "1234" patch got banned pretty fast, and Nintendo soon patched that workaround. What needs to be done is public knowledge, though. I and a few others have completely unbanned ourselves with information available on 3dbrew and with a couple, slight modifications to Luma. The only downside is that you do have to have a sacrificial system, and you lose everything tied to your old NNID. There's no way around this, and using public IDs is only going to get you banned again.

Distrance

矢澤にこ
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
So how exactly are people getting banned in the first place? I thought playing online with A9LH+Luma is safe = you can't get banned, because there's no way for Nintendo to tell that your console is hacked?

I just got my A9LH+Luma and now I'm worried I'll get banned for using online services like Pokebank or playing MHGen online <.<

D

Deleted-19228

So how exactly are people getting banned in the first place? I thought playing online with A9LH+Luma is safe = you can't get banned, because there's no way for Nintendo to tell that your console is hacked?

I just got my A9LH+Luma and now I'm worried I'll get banned for using online services like Pokebank or playing MHGen online <.<

https://gbatemp.net/threads/has-anyone-gotten-banned-from-playing-pokemon-moon-online.447971/

This is what happened if you were living under a rock :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night