Hacking How to remove HBC launcher?

laudern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm thinking of selling my wii u and was thinking that I should probably just delete the HBC launcher along with my n64/snes/MD etc launchers. I don't care if the actual programs are not taken off the HDD, just that the wii menu looks 'normal' again. Any suggestions?

Apex

Trophies
XP
Country
Who are you selling it to? They might pay extra for that kinda thing.

Unless it's to a store, then I'd get rid of it. Honestly though, they'll undoubtedly factory reset everything anyways.

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm thinking of selling my wii u and was thinking that I should probably just delete the HBC launcher along with my n64/snes/MD etc launchers. I don't care if the actual programs are not taken off the HDD, just that the wii menu looks 'normal' again. Any suggestions?

Pretty much, the LAST step you would want to do is to uninstall HBC (unless ofcourse your an elite hacker who has stockpiled a couple of unreleased exploits for the WiiU/vWii) because once you close that "door" if there is something seriously wrong with your vwii ios's you will not be able to get back in.
So be absolutely certain before you remove/delete HBC.

laudern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Humnmm righto. Well I might just get rid of the snes/n64 launches and leave the hbc there. I'll be selling it privately. Just I'm pretty sure it's "illegal" to mod consoles here in Australia. Plus I'm advertising it with 8 n64 games (which I didn't technically buy). So I kinda want it to look legit

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
uhhhhhhm your are selling it ADVERTISING that you have 8 n64 games on it, that are actually pirated? duuuuude, thats totally illegal... selling roms (/.wads or whatever) is totally illegal
doesnt really matter, if you sell it to a buddy or something like that, but gotta be careful about whom and how you sell it...

/or what exactly do you mean by "didn't technically buy"

Ryanrocks462

Wii U/3DS Hacker.. Will test anything, A Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

if its for warranty just delete the channel and they'll never know thats what did then just reinstalled :D

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Pretty much, the LAST step you would want to do is to uninstall HBC (unless ofcourse your an elite hacker who has stockpiled a couple of unreleased exploits for the WiiU/vWii) because once you close that "door" if there is something seriously wrong with your vwii ios's you will not be able to get back in.
So be absolutely certain before you remove/delete HBC.
I don't understand how uninstalling the HBC will close the door? You can just use a game to install or run a app again?

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand how uninstalling the HBC will close the door? You can just use a game to install or run a app again?

HBC is very finicky.
If you have 1 or more unclean/fakesigned nintendo official vWii ios(or screwed up and installed a Wii ios) , HBC will refuse to install.
You then have no way to inherit special privileges like NAND access.
So you are crippled until a full WiiU exploit is released to undue the damage to the vWii but that isn't even guaranteed to work.

laudern

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Thanks guys for the info (and the mandatory ethical lesson :rolleyes: ) from you all.

I've decided not to sell it after all. I'm sure there will be a day sometime in the future I'll want to play it again.

Plus (don't tell GorTesk) I have too many pirated wii games and no wii. So I kinda have to keep it unless I want to buy another wii

GorTesK

Mad Hatter
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
screw you, I was trying to be helpful by telling you not to sell it with roms on it, because that would be illegal and could backfire at you, but if you insist on being a douche, then go ahead

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
HBC is very finicky.
If you have 1 or more unclean/fakesigned nintendo official vWii ios(or screwed up and installed a Wii ios) , HBC will refuse to install.
You then have no way to inherit special privileges like NAND access.
So you are crippled until a full WiiU exploit is released to undue the damage to the vWii but that isn't even guaranteed to work.
but if all you did was install HBC, and cIOS it's okay right? and you uninstall cIOSs right?

Bug_Checker_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
but if all you did was install HBC, and cIOS it's okay right? and you uninstall cIOSs right?

Not all cios's are vWii compatible. So the answer is not an easy yes/no.
And how did you install cios's?
if with pimpmywii or some other software that MAY have messed with fakesigning your tickets or patching an IOS or two, then everything has to be checked first.
You will still (at the end of the day even if you did everything correctly) leave traces of what you did in your nand for Nintendo(or others) to see.

kp_centi

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Not all cios's are vWii compatible. So the answer is not an easy yes/no.
And how did you install cios's?
if with pimpmywii or some other software that MAY have messed with fakesigning your tickets or patching an IOS or two, then everything has to be checked first.
You will still (at the end of the day even if you did everything correctly) leave traces of what you did in your nand for Nintendo(or others) to see.
I wouldn't touch Pimpmywii at all. and the only cIOS compatible with the vWii it's the d2x one I believe, and that's all I installed. It's whatever the tutorial on this subforum has

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: hi