ROM Hack How to prevent New3ds from updating?

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
So I am preparing the final touches for the new3ds i am giving to my nephew, but recently i got the msg system update available, now it seems to be gone. now i know you can follow this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-3ds-is-wanting-to-update-how-to-stop-it.324354/

And delete a folder and make it be gone.
But then it will keep coming back.
Disabling internet is not an option either, he will want to use it.
Some people suggested parental controlls. But A if you use a pin it will ask it almost everywhere even if you turn all things off. And again, he will want to use internet...

So what's the best solution he doesn't mess up the sysnand on this B9/Gateway combo console.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So I am preparing the final touches for the new3ds i am giving to my nephew, but recently i got the msg system update available, now it seems to be gone. now i know you can follow this:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/my-3ds-is-wanting-to-update-how-to-stop-it.324354/

And delete a folder and make it be gone.
But then it will keep coming back.
Disabling internet is not an option either, he will want to use it.
Some people suggested parental controlls. But A if you use a pin it will ask it almost everywhere even if you turn all things off. And again, he will want to use internet...

So what's the best solution he doesn't mess up the sysnand on this B9/Gateway combo console.
Use the DNS servers listed on http://loadiine.ovh (they are for Wii U update blocking but also work for 3DS)
But for the sake of simplicity, and since you are giving it away anyway so there aren't any saves that need converting and such, it's best to just ditch Gateway, install FreeShop on it and show him how to use that. Then he won't need to worry about not updating it.
The DNS servers have to be used on every network he connects to (unless of course updates are already blocked in the router on some of them)

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Use the DNS servers listed on http://loadiine.ovh (they are for Wii U update blocking but also work for 3DS)
But for the sake of simplicity, and since you are giving it away anyway so there aren't any saves that need converting and such, it's best to just ditch Gateway, install FreeShop on it and show him how to use that. Then he won't need to worry about not updating it.
The DNS servers have to be used on every network he connects to (unless of course updates are already blocked in the router on some of them)

I just enter
  • Primary : 104.236.072.203 (TubeHax DNS)
  • Secondary : 107.211.140.065 (Chncdcksn hax)
in the console internet settings? because i have also seen suggestions to block nintendo in the router. but I wont be able to do that at his house.

Well I have the B9/ gateway freeshop combo because it allows me to add more games to the library. it has a 128 GB sd , and the last 32 GB on the gateway. So yeah.

Anyway I added the dns adresses, and it said connection test failed... i enter those exact adresses i said up.. 003-2001 no connectio to internet. security key or dns is possibly incorrect..

Last edited by Chrisssj2,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I just enter
  • Primary : 104.236.072.203 (TubeHax DNS)
  • Secondary : 107.211.140.065 (Chncdcksn hax)
in the console internet settings? because i have also seen suggestions to block nintendo in the router. but I wont be able to do that at his house.

Well I have the B9/ gateway freeshop combo because it allows me to add more games to the library. it has a 128 GB sd , and the last 32 GB on the gateway. So yeah.

Anyway I added the dns adresses, and it said connection test failed... i enter those exact adresses i said up.. 003-2001 no connectio to internet. security key or dns is possibly incorrect..
Those aren't the ones I suggested. I think TubeHax DNS is back up now but it has been going down repeatedly so who knows. No idea about the other one. Use the ones from loadiine.ovh that I suggested.

Chrisssj2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Those aren't the ones I suggested. I think TubeHax DNS is back up now but it has been going down repeatedly so who knows. No idea about the other one. Use the ones from loadiine.ovh that I suggested.
Do you mean these on the first link?
TitleDNS "The Netherlands" (81.4.127.20) :
ok_button.png
(20 ms) Automation Engine (Database) :
ok_button.png

TitleDNS "Los Angeles" (168.235.92.108) :
ok_button.png
(165 ms

Because you say wiiu servers should work for 3ds aswell. And if you look in the lets get started.
It says
Primary : 104.236.072.203 (TubeHax DNS)
Secondary : 107.211.140.065 (Chncdcksn hax

Please tell me the correct ones then, thank you.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Do you mean these on the first link?
TitleDNS "The Netherlands" (81.4.127.20) :
ok_button.png
(20 ms) Automation Engine (Database) :
ok_button.png

TitleDNS "Los Angeles" (168.235.92.108) :
ok_button.png
(165 ms

Because you say wiiu servers should work for 3ds aswell. And if you look in the lets get started.
It says
Primary : 104.236.072.203 (TubeHax DNS)
Secondary : 107.211.140.065 (Chncdcksn hax

Please tell me the correct ones then, thank you.
Yes, those are the ones. I didn't realize it listed different ones in the get started.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HoTuan @ HoTuan: how to mod switch ?