Hacking How to prepare 3.60 Vita for Sale?

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I want to sell my 3.60 Vita and am not sure how to prepare it for sale so it doesn't lose Henkaku.
Would I be able to do a factory reset and it stays on 3.60? Or would that force an update or online activation when setting up the device?

Or do I just remove any games and personal / account information and sell it set up as it is?

Thanks!

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
When I tried to remove my PSTV from my account, to de-register the console, I was unable. Does that affect anything?

Not really, it means you have one activation slot less on your account for other portable devices for now but you can deactivate the devices remotely from a PC (Once every 6 months).

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I reset it and when it asked me whether to deactivate it, I just did not do it. So now it is reset, and activated on 3.60, ready to sell.

Tony_93

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reset it and when it asked me whether to deactivate it, I just did not do it. So now it is reset, and activated on 3.60, ready to sell.

Technically is not activated since the system has no PSN account attached anymore... Unless you give the buyer your PSN credentials for him to log-in, he will have to do his own account/activation.

wurstpistole

GBAtemp MVP
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Technically is not activated since the system has no PSN account attached anymore... Unless you give the buyer your PSN credentials for him to log-in, he will have to do his own account/activation.
I mean activated as in what you have to do when using the Vita for the first time, which usually also forces you to update. But yeah, my account is none of his business - but then again, it's a 3.60 Vita, so I don't think the buyer is that interested in using it online. :lol:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol