Homebrew How to play pirated games on my 2DS?

syringe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i used oot3dhax to get homebrew onto my 2ds. i want to be able to play pirated games on my 2ds. how would i be able to do that? would i have to downgrade to 9.2 or something like that?
thanks for any help.

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i used oot3dhax to get homebrew onto my 2ds. i want to be able to play pirated games on my 2ds. how would i be able to do that? would i have to downgrade to 9.2 or something like that?
thanks for any help.
yes. you would have to downgrade to 9.2 then most people recommend installing a9lh and a cfw

syringe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
What firmware is your 2DS?
im on 10.7.
yes. you would have to downgrade to 9.2 then most people recommend installing a9lh and a cfw
i read up on a9lh, it doesnt seem necessary to me and seems like a lengthy process. can i install a cfw and play games through that?

also, is it safe to downgrade? i wont brick will i?
This is the wrong section

Read up here http://gbatemp.net/forums/3ds-flashcards-custom-firmwares.201/

Look at the first sticky
good looks

another thing, why do i have to wait for a period of time to post a reply?

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a9lh isnt necessary, but it adds extra security. you dont have to of course. the guide shows you how to install luma cfw as well where you can pirate away

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
im on 10.7.

i read up on a9lh, it doesnt seem necessary to me and seems like a lengthy process. can i install a cfw and play games through that?

also, is it safe to downgrade? i wont brick will i?

good looks

another thing, why do i have to wait for a period of time to post a reply?
The process for installing a CFW without A9LH is also lengthy (not much difference with A9LH) and it's definitely inferior.

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks for any help.
You should upgrade to 9.2 temporarily.
Once you get A9LH installed, you can upgrade to the latest firmware.
With 10.7 firmware you will need a9lh to install pirated games.
9.2 was the last version that played really well with homebrew.
A9LH is not that hard once you figure out howto do it.
Use https://github.com/Plailect/PlaiSysUpdater/releases/
Honestly getting your system homebrew is a one time process of following instructions and gruntwork.

Last edited by AlexanderLS,

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No. a9lh is not required for piracy. But it is highly recommend.
Wouldn't he have to make custom legit CIAs for every game?
The process for creating those legit CIAs relying on heavily unreliable exploits.
Seems like that would be ALOT more work in the long run, plus he would lose it as soon as his system updates.
Once he gets a9lh/luma 3ds he can just use freeshop on the latest firmware.

syringe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The process for installing a CFW without A9LH is also lengthy (not much difference with A9LH) and it's definitely inferior.
so if i want a cfw, i may as well get a9lh? whats so good about a9lh other than security? i heard u can run 2 firmwares (9.2 and the latest) but i dont think you need a9lh for that, do you?
You should upgrade to 9.2 temporarily.
Once you get A9LH installed, you can upgrade to the latest firmware.
With 10.7 firmware you will need a9lh to install pirated games.
9.2 was the last version that played really well with homebrew.
A9LH is not that hard once you figure out howto do it.
Use https://github.com/Plailect/PlaiSysUpdater/releases/
Honestly getting your system homebrew is a one time process of following instructions and gruntwork.
okay, ill downgrade my system to 9.2 (from 10.7). there should be no problems or is there a chance my system will brick?
then i can follow the steps to installing a cfw/a9lh and ill be able to play pirated games right?

McWhiters9511

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wouldn't he have to make custom legit CIAs for every game?
Seems like that would be ALOT more work in the long run, plus he would lose it as soon as his system updates.
Once he gets a9lh/luma 3ds he can just use freeshop on the latest firmware.
many cfws can use freeshop and dont need legit cias. i dont know any that need legit ones actually. i use gateway all the time and its just like luma with extra cheat support

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
whats so good about a9lh other than security?
It's more or less the equivalent to rooting. Right now you have limited userland access to the system, with a9lh you will have complete access.

okay, ill downgrade my system to 9.2 (from 10.7). there should be no problems or is there a chance my system will brick?
then i can follow the steps to installing a cfw/a9lh and ill be able to play pirated games right?
PlaiSysUpdater is based off safesysupdater so the risk is very low just make sure you get the proper downgrade files.

many cfws can use freeshop and dont need legit cias. i dont know any that need legit ones actually. i use gateway all the time and its just like luma with extra cheat support
Gateway is a $50-$80 option which may not be viable for him.
When I got my n3ds running 10.7 I was unable to run any cfw in userland.
Ultimately I think he would still be much better off with a9lh installed.

Homebrew that runs on 10.7 was a very mixed bad for me, many things simply didn't work.
He may be more lucky, but with less than a hour he could have A9LH installed and have no more issues.

syringe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's more or less the equivalent to rooting. Right now you have limited userland access to the system, with a9lh you will have complete access.

PlaiSysUpdater is based off safesysupdater so the risk is very low just make sure you get the proper downgrade files.
how do i know if i have the proper downgrade files? i just downloaded the starter.zip off the a9lh guide site and booted the 2ds

ThisIsDaAccount

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so if i want a cfw, i may as well get a9lh? whats so good about a9lh other than security? i heard u can run 2 firmwares (9.2 and the latest) but i dont think you need a9lh for that, do you?

A9LH has better boot times and will boot correctly all the time, while just an emunand does not. It also has better gba support (you can actually back up your save files) and you'll be able to update the firmware without losing access to anything.

AlexanderLS

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
how do i know if i have the proper downgrade files? i just downloaded the starter.zip off the a9lh guide site and booted the 2ds
*removed*
Somebody else more knowledgeable will have to tell you which version.
If the 2ds really uses o3ds hw you might have to downgrade to an even older version.
If you bought your 2ds as US system it should be *Removed*
Assuming it uses o3ds hw/fw I really don't know for sure.

Edit: Removed Links.
Go https://gbatemp.net/threads/simple-guide-to-downgrading-your-3ds.407888/
Then to Video, under the Show More.
The downgrade files aren't warez however they could be considered piracy, I'm guessing that is what the other users mean.

RocketRobz

Stylish TWiLight Hero
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*link removed*
If the 2ds really uses o3ds hw you might have to downgrade to an even older version.
If you bought your 2ds as US system it should be *link removed*
Please remove these links, as it's against the rules to share links containing warez.

Reactions: KunoichiZ

syringe

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
http://www.3dsiso.com/cia-format-dl...ups-browser-backups-update-packs-regions.html
If you bought your 2ds as US system it should be https://mega.co.nz/#!hBhBUbiQ!-TfpWoCcCNEky-EfWHFDb1Cf6Ob0VJL0oF01J2YD2Cs
yeah, i got mine in canada so itd be a US region system
so i should ask on that site what firmware version i need?
if say the firmware version u gave me was correct, how do i make my 2ds set to downgrade to that specific firmware?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FzVN9kIUNxw +1