Hacking How to partition a WBFS drive

Tagg7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I currently have a drive with only one partition on (WBFS), and didn't have the foresight to make a separate FAT32 partition for NAND. Is it possible to create a partition on a drive that is currently only WBFS? I really want to add a FAT32 partition for NAND and other stuff. Or is this not possible due to the file structure?

jaybee

Trophies
XP
Country
Repartitioning will wipe out the data already on the WBFS partition unforunately. I was faced with this issue that you are currently facing. If you want a seperate fat32 partition on your drive your best bet is to copy off the games you have on there (unless you have them stored elsewhere) and repartition it.

With repartitioning the drive, use the windows computer management -> storage snap in and allocate space for the wbfs, leave it at raw (no need to format) this needs to be primary. Then create another primary partition of fat32 type and then make this active. It doesnt matter which way round you do it, but just make sure you have two primary partitions and the fat32 one is set to active. You may need to use a 3rd party app to format the fat32 partition on the drive as Windows sometimes has issues doing it.

Once youve repartitioned the drive you will need to re-transfer your games back to the WBFS partition again with something like WBFS Manager.

Tagg7

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you kindly for the replies. I'll probably just reformat the whole thing and forget about WBFS (clearly it's a pain to deal with). Which is preferred - NTFS or FAT32? From what I can see, the latest USB Loader GX is compatible with both.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: Good morning everyone