Hacking How to move save data into a DS cartridge?

SilverClock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have recently been able to get ahold of a copy of The World Ends With You finally, and would like to move my save data into it. I have the original DS, an Action Replay for it, and an M3 Real I used at the time. I have been searching around and have found hints on the internet that it can be done with an Action Replay, but I am unsure how. If anyone can give me a few ideas of what to do or point me to a thread with a tutorial I would be very grateful. Thanks in advance guys.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-dump-your-own-3ds-ds-games-saves.274290/
The wood tools do not have a save restore option but Rudolph's stuff and may others will.

If you lack a DLDI GBA slot device then yeah most will go for a wifi method. For saves it is not so bad as they are usually small, for dumping ROMs it can take a while.

I assume you are trying to restore for the same region - the EU release was technically a week ahead of the US release as far as ROMs go. Both were April 2008. I do not think there were any 1.1 releases or anything but that
It is still worth a go and will often work but be aware it can run into problems if it is a cross region save. If it is troubled by regions you can work around it for some games but it can be annoying.

SilverClock

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks guys it took some tinkering around but I got it done!! I ended up using the NDS Backup Tool WiFi and SmallFTPd 1.0.3. For people having trouble doing this make sure you put the Backup Tool.nds and its ini file on the root of your flash cart. Also make sure you put the save file that you want to restore within the temp folder described in the linked tutorial in the "c:/temp" folder. Otherwise the backup tool will not recognize it. Press L and R to bring up the restore options within the backup tool.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: i just got a 4070ti