How To Manually Create GameYob Cheat Files

[I highly suggest you test your codes on something like a real game cart, if you still have anything that old, or on an emulator like VBA - also, GameYob currently only supports 14 strings of code, not full complex actual codes]

This is very easy, and it is broken down into 3 steps:

1: The original code
2: If it is enabled or disabled
3: The name of the code

First off, find the code for waht ever game you want, I'll go with Pokemon Crystal, because I'm hardcore. Lets try the shiny pokemon code: 910730D2 . From here, you format you code like this

1: Basic code

910730D2

2: Basic code + Enabled/Disabled

910730D2 0 - Disabled
910730D2 1 - Enabled

3: Basic Code + Enabled/Disabled + Name

910730D2 0Fight Shiny Pokemon - Yes, there is no space after the 0 or the 1.

Saying you just want this code for now, save it as the name of your rom, mine is "06 Pokemon Crystal.gbc - in this case change the .gbc to .cht ["06 Pokemon Crystal.cht"]."

Saying you want a longer code, this can be done, the only current restriction is that you can only have 14 lines of code per cheat file. Lets add a longer code like Walk Through Walls.

010AA3CE 0Walk Through Walls 1
010AA4CE 0Walk Through Walls 2
010AA5CE 0Walk Through Walls 3
010AA6CE 0Walk Through Walls 4
9100FAC2 0Walk Through Walls 5
9100FBC2 0Walk Through Walls 6
9100FCC2 0Walk Through Walls 7
9100FDC2 0Walk Through Walls 8

Just enable all codes at once when using a code like this, I suggest you always set codes to be disabled [0] to start out with, and just manage them while you are in game. Now lets get these rascals guys.

StruttingPhil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found quite a lot of cheat files for GB and GBC:
GB .CHT Files
GBC .CHT Files

They're in the BGB cheat format which appears to be the exact format you describe.

That is some spooky scary stuff, using those files you could edit the information contained in them, and rearrange as you would see fit. If anything is missing, you can now add it manually.

Drenn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
There's nothing spooky about it, I used that format on purpose, since it has existing cheat packs and is easy to edit by hand.

There's no particular reason I can't increase the number of cheats. LemonBoy, the guy who implemented cheats, set the limit to 14. I think I can make it as high as 100 without memory being a concern, I'll just need to implement scrolling in the cheat menu.

StruttingPhil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's nothing spooky about it, I used that format on purpose, since it has existing cheat packs and is easy to edit by hand.

There's no particular reason I can't increase the number of cheats. LemonBoy, the guy who implemented cheats, set the limit to 14. I think I can make it as high as 100 without memory being a concern, I'll just need to implement scrolling in the cheat menu.

100 is very very good, I'd suggest having side scrolling if you could manage that, I think that would be nicer than just a long list.

Drenn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Up to 100 cheats are supported now. I don't know what you meant by side scrolling, I decided to organize it in pages. You can press L and R to move between pages.

Reactions: dickfour

StruttingPhil

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Up to 100 cheats are supported now. I don't know what you meant by side scrolling, I decided to organize it in pages. You can press L and R to move between pages.

Thanks man, this is righteous!

I didn't really explain the layout I wanted very well ;0; , but you did actually did it the same way I pictured it.

Ziko

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried your method and it didn't work. I managed to use an infinite star chips code for Yu-Gi-Oh!- Capsule Monster GB on VBA and it worked like a charm. However, even using Cheat2Cheat, it won't work on WoodR4 which is what I used to test the code. It's only one line and that's all I used. I converted it to the .cht format using the Cheat2Cheat app and it didn't work. Now, I guess I'll have to play the game with 99 chips. :(

Drenn

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I tried your method and it didn't work. I managed to use an infinite star chips code for Yu-Gi-Oh!- Capsule Monster GB on VBA and it worked like a charm. However, even using Cheat2Cheat, it won't work on WoodR4 which is what I used to test the code. It's only one line and that's all I used. I converted it to the .cht format using the Cheat2Cheat app and it didn't work. Now, I guess I'll have to play the game with 99 chips. :(

I'm not familiar with Cheat2Cheat, but as far as I can tell it's only for gameboy advance games. You should open the created .cht file with a text editor and make sure it follows the format described here.

ariebe9115

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
are .cht files downloadable, dont want to create so much files myself

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

can you send me all your pokemon crystal cheats im 11 and I don't no how to do it
maybe i can setup one for you if i have nothing to do

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over