Hacking How to make the switch recognize sdcard without updating

Dudamax

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My switch is on 2.1.0 and I need to keep it that way for the future. So when I try to put in my SD card it tells me I need to update but I don't want to for potential Homebrew. How can I avoid this?? The SD is an sdxc Samsung 128gb.

D

Deleted User

My switch is on 2.1.0 and I need to keep it that way for the future. So when I try to put in my SD card it tells me I need to update but I don't want to for potential Homebrew. How can I avoid this?? The SD is an sdxc Samsung 128gb.
you can't

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is a one-time update for exFAT support when an SDXC card is inserted. sorry, you can’t get around this on a lower version right now (and possibly for a while).

senas8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See for me . witch a 16GB sd card it asked me to update.. with my 64GB it only asked me to format.. don't know what's going on. Op try different sizes and different brands?
Op I'm also thinking by the time we have home brew .. there will prob be a way to use ur 128GB.

Last edited by senas8,

senas8

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah so I guess here is the answer op:

" The Switch checks the filesystem, not the SD Card size. If you format a smaller MicroSD like 4GB to ExFAT, the Switch will prompt for an update to use it.
If you format a 64GB or larger MicroSD to FAT32, the Switch will use it without an update."

magico29

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
format to fat 32,i tested in 2 samsung 128 gb memory cards so you dont need to update just use your compuer and fat32 formar program
tested on 2.3.0 and 3.0.1

Reactions: senas8

dave11674

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I HAVE A 256gb sdxc card
was telling me i needed to update
so i partitioned it to 2 x 128gb partitions
formatted one as fat32 and the switch now see's it ok

dave

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.