Hacking how to make rockband work

Xynergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rev 13 is based off IOS 38 instead of 36 like everything before 12 I think...

To get RB instruments working you need to have a CIOS based on 37. So... For Hermes you have to install CIOS 36 as 222 then cios 37 merged with 36 as 223 then tell USB Loader to use 222 in game settings.

You may be able to install CIOS 37 Merged with 36 as 222 initially and skip 223 I dont know here. I did the first method and it worked so I stopped caring.

Works flawlessly. I still have to restart the Wii after playing a game but, Im ok with that.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not really sure what it means to merge them.. can you explain the steps I'd need to take a little better? I'm kinda new at this stuff.

Also, before when I had to use the trucha bug restorer, I had to downgrade IOS15 to install IOS36 and then restore IOS15. Will I have to do something similar for all of this new IOS37 fixes? Or was the downgrade/restore of IOS15 just for IOS36?

Thanks

Also.. I have confirmed that my instruments and wireless adapters have no problems. I tried them yesterday with a disk and they worked fine. Not surprising, just good to narrow down the possibilities of things going wrong.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried original rock band (don't have the wired instruments though) and it doesn't work either. I don't have guitar hero to test with.

And I tried Xynergy's method of installing Hermes 222/223. I installed 222 as 36 and 223 as 36+37.

I tried loading RB2 from Usb Loader GX with the IOS set to use 222 and it didn't work. I tried waiting til the game loaded to plug in the wireless adapter and still no go.

Now USB Loader GX won't load at all... just an infinite black screen.

Xynergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well you have to power off the Wii every time in between games. You cant load one game then go back to the menu to load another there is a known bug with that.

Did you tell USB Loader GX to load games using 222 in the settings menu?

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did power it off.. it still doesn't load. I even unplugged the wii entirely from the ac outlet and still nothing.

I did tell it to load with 222 in settings.

Xynergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, that's weird then.

I just did another Wii today with the same method I outlined. He had no USB loader support just the soft mod for playing backup games.

Reinstall the 222 option and select merge 37 with 36. Let me know how that works.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know I've asked this a few times in this thread, but never really got a response.

When I try to install hermes ios.. the very first option it gives me asks which IOS I would like to use.. it is set, by default, to 249. Is this an option I should be changing to 222 and 223?

Once I get past this option, there is another that asks whether I want to do 222 or 223..

And then the option about 36, or 36+37..

Should I leave it set to 249?

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm. Thanks for your reply, Alexrose-- but I'm not sure you even read the thread..

I have already done what you have said. I installed 222 as 36 and 223 as 36+37.

I'm not creating custom disks, so I'm not sure why that thread was linked.. and the bottom of that thread has instructions for installing softchip.. which i've already tried as well.

What I need to know at the moment is if I'm supposed to install all of this 222/223 using IOS249. The very first option I am given asks which IOS to use and it is, by default, set to 249.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I reinstalled both 222 and 223.. 222 with just 36 and 223 with 36+37.. I got GX loader to load again.. and set it to use 222.

I plug in the instrument at wii menu, it blinks.. I load gx, still blinking.. I load RB2, still blinking.. Once I get to the RB menu the part plugged into the Wii starts glowing solid, like it's found an instrument.. but the instrument has no lights (yes, it is on).. if I press the sync button on the instrument, it blinks 4-5 times and stops and goes back to no lights.. If I press the sync button on the part attached to the Wii, the light just goes off.. and nothing after that.. no light on the part attached to the wii or on the instrument itself.

AdamBrunt

Trophies
XP
Country
Reading Alex's post it seems to me he is saying you need to load RB2 via uLoader (by Hermes) NOT USB Loader GX. Loader GX only lets you use 249 or 222 but for RB2 you need to use 223 (or an cIOS based on 37).

AFAIK you have done the Hermes cIOS installation right [ choose 249, then install 222 from just 36 and 223 with 36+37 ]

So under your current setup uLoader should play RB2 fine. You could also trying re-installing Hermes cIOS but using 36+37 for 222 (rather than just 36) and trying playing RB2 via Loader GX under 222.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I downloaded a .dol of uloader from another thread.. but it doesn't load at all. I grabbed a .rar of 2.5 dol..

Always just goes black when I try to load it. I've powered off Wii and unplugged and all. Still won't load. I've tried removing from SD and reapplying and still won't load..

Any ideas on how to get this to work?

Xynergy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sorry, Im out of ideas now. On both of my wiis I use USB Loader GX and used the Hermes 222/223 method I described and they both work. Im not sure what else to tell ya sorry.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have older model wiis, I assume? On my old Wii it was really easy to get stuff to work.. but this new one is proving more difficult.

I don't understand why I can't get simple instrument support.

And I still can't get uloader to load..

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My hard drive has always been plugged into the same port.. and it works on the other 3 usb loaders I've used.. I don't see why one would be different, but I'll give it a shot.

Deviyl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Still no go. Yeah.. my HDD is always plugged into the port closest to the edge. And it works on all other loaders. I didn't think moving it to the middle would solve the problem, but was worth a shot.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Crowbar?