How To Make, edit and Insert Sprites For Pokemon Black & White

How to edit, make and insert sprites into pokemon Black and White

For This Tutorial I Will Use:
A Pokemon Black Rom
Nitro Explorer
Ms Paint
BWOE (Black And White Overworld Editor)

First Download the Archive at the bottom of the page.
Extract it all to your desktop
Open your pokemon black rom with nitro explorer by clicking "Load Rom"
94632385.png

Navigate to this file (Marked by star)and press extract.
82712902.png

Type .narc on the end of the file when saving
Save it to the same location as BWOE
15747345.png

Run BWOE. You should see this
12729170.png

Press open Narc and navigate to the file
Scroll Down on the bar with the numbers until number 144, we will edit mom as an example
62742317.png

Press export image and save it in the same folder as BWOE
61617242.png

right click the 114 file and click open with paint
Once paint apears zoom in and edit the charecter however you want, don't make it rainbow as each sprite has a colour limit.
Replace each colour with a different one or just use moms sprite as a base. We need to edit every view point/sprite with the same colours or else we get a glitch. Notice mom only has 7 view points/sprites, this is because she doesn't move much. Stationary charecters (e.g. the nurse in the pokemon centre) Only has 1 view point because she doesn't move. Whereas the main charecter has over 40 view points/sprites for walking, surfing, cycling, running and recieving items at a zoomed camera angle, as well as view points/sprites for far away angles.

Here you can see before and after shots of moms sprite
44721494.png
49895813.png

Now switch back to BWOE, and press import image
navigate to the 144.png file and press it
84668047.png

36003409.png

Now press save narc, save over 9.narc in the BWOE.
Now open you pokemon black rom in nitro explorer
Navigate to this file
82712902.png

and press reinsert

You now have changed sprites! See below for change

11.png
12.png

13.png
14.png

Download ToolBox Here

Natanis_Likens

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm having a little trouble, I don't want to change just the Overworld sprite for the PC, but also for the trainer card, Boy/Girl select and the video calls... but I can't seem to find anything regarding how to do this specificly for P.B&W. I saw the bit earlier in topic about altering file A/0/7/2 but that just comes up blank, not sure if that's what I'm looking for or eve if using Nitro Exploer is the way to go about it.

So after looking back through this and finding a how to on Youtube I've come to the conclusion that I need to find editor.exe which ins't as easy as one might think... so far I've come across Music Editors, Program Editors (such as editing Word or Excel), but not the one used and seen in the video I came across...

"Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, Your my only Hope."

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So I'm having a little trouble, I don't want to change just the Overworld sprite for the PC, but also for the trainer card, Boy/Girl select and the video calls... but I can't seem to find anything regarding how to do this specificly for P.B&W. I saw the bit earlier in topic about altering file A/0/7/2 but that just comes up blank, not sure if that's what I'm looking for or eve if using Nitro Exploer is the way to go about it.

So after looking back through this and finding a how to on Youtube I've come to the conclusion that I need to find editor.exe which ins't as easy as one might think... so far I've come across Music Editors, Program Editors (such as editing Word or Excel), but not the one used and seen in the video I came across...

[media]http://www.youtube.c...h?v=bPiL3kzfztU[/media]

"Help me Obi Wan Kenobi, Your my only Hope."
Isn't editor exe in the tools zip i uploaded?>

celina87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you. Now my overworld sprite looks like my oc and my save state's broken and I didn't save it so I can't get it back. I appreciate your help.

Fedex35

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hola master ... sabes Como hacer Para Qué es pokemon BW2 mi pokemon me siga, COMO HACE en Pokemon SoulSilver / goldheard??

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy: *teleports behind you* "Nothing personnel, kiddo" +1