Hacking How to make a multi-cart GBA rom?

Schlupi

Gbatemp's Official Earthbound Maniac™
OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Just so you're aware, the max size for a GBA ROM is 32 megs, a system cannot address more ROM than that, and many games are near or AT 32 megs already.

Yes, I am aware. =)

Thanks for the info, though. You know what program I am searching for, though, Rydian?

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Nope, just didn't want you to waste your time if you were after combining Mother 3 with some other stuff.

Lol yeah. I saw a bunch of people wanting to do that. =P

I actually just want to combine Golden Sun and Golden Sun The Lost Age together.

8 MB + 16 MB = Just fine.
happy.gif

perpetualskeptic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I read something about one of the EZ-Flash slot1 cards being able to do this, but I don't think it's on the current firmware for it. (All conjecture and vague memory)

I'd love to be able to do that myself, though. Just bought a bunch of 3in1's to use in my GBA.

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
perpetualskeptic said:
I think I read something about one of the EZ-Flash slot1 cards being able to do this, but I don't think it's on the current firmware for it. (All conjecture and vague memory)

I'd love to be able to do that myself, though. Just bought a bunch of 3in1's to use in my GBA.

Yeah, so PogoShell can't do it.

Any you seem to be right -- just came across a post by how_do_i_do_that talking about how the EZ Flash V can do this.

But I dunno. I have an EZ Flash Vi but I do not know which firmware can do what I want... or if there is any other way.

Thanks for the info. I guess it puts me one step closer.

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
perpetualskeptic said:
I found that topic, just now as well.
It has the info I need. I just need to know how to use it. I got the EZ-Flash Vi Kernel 1.09 Beta 11 (latest with Multi-rom feature) just need to see how to use it on the EZ-Flash n3 in 1 now...

Gonna fiddle with it and try to figure it out.
Thanks for the link.

I'll tell you guys what I find.

EDIT: Yeah. It is the slot 1 solution. But when the game is written to the slot 2 NOR memory it saves it, right? So if I make a multi-rom on the EZ-Flash Vi it would save, and be usable on the GBA, right?

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Most of the multi-rom tools were flashcart specific at the time. Most of the stuff you want to find were all located on gbadev.org. The majority of the links you find will be dead though.

The reason it is flashcart specific was that that multi rom bin files had to know things about the SRAM and NOR of the flashcart to make a via lumped gba file. There were some generic ones, they kinda sucked because it tried to cover too many flashcarts.

Schlupi

OP
Trophies
Website
Starmen.net
XP
Country
United States
Pliskron said:
The older EZ Flash V firmware supports GBA cheats and multiboot. I still use it to load multiple roms on my 3in1.

OK... So does that mean that it will make the multiboot for me to write to my 3 in 1? How do I set that up? what do I need to do with the rom files? do they need this "multiboot" patch thing that I see in some of the programs?

I am still confused.

how_do_i_do_that

Blue Wizard is about to die.
Trophies
You have insufficient posts to view user location.
XP
Country
Antarctica
Your confusing multi-boot with the EZ Flash V multi-rom option for the 3in1.

Multi-boot allows you to use a bootable menu system on the GBA device independantly.

The multi-rom option is a EZ Flash V slot1 dependant menu system to access roms on the NOR of the 3in1.

To use the multi-rom option you have to enable it first in to settings. Once you do that, continually add roms to NOR and it will show up as a menu like this:
DSCN0127.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: quite a tight bend on that 8pin->12pin adapter in my case, which is the worst case scenario, but...