Hacking How to launch 4.7GB game from External Device

vashinator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a cios 249 installed to load wii games off usb drive.

Awesome, thanks for the advice! I had no idea what I was doing wrong. Can you recommend a good link that has simple instructions on how to install cios 249? I'm not computer illiterate, but all the ones I found looked super complicated.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

You need a cios 249 installed to load wii games off usb drive.

Thanks for the advice! I couldn't figure out what I was doing wrong. Could you recommend a good link that shows how to install cios 249? I'm not computer illiterate, but all the pages I found about it looked super complicated

vashinator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks again! I am following the directions, and I am downloading WINE for my Mac so that I can download the NUS Downloader, which is Windows only. Do you know if I should dl Wine Staging or Wine Development or both? Or by any chance do you know of an alternative way to download the WAD files on a Mac? Unfortunately, my router is not compatible with the Wii, so my Wii is offline, that's why I need to download the WAD files

vashinator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

vashinator

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
use Witgui for mac to get Wii game iso/wbfs files to usb hard drive (WBFS formatted).
http://desairem.altervista.org/wordpress/witgui/ delete if not aloud.

I have been using Witgui on my Mac with much success with Wii games, but for some reason it doesn't work with GameCube games. I am using Witgui to transfer ISO's from my Mac to a WBFS formatted USB drive, which I then stick in my Wii. All of the Wii games I have transferred this way work, but the GameCube games that I transferred don't work. Any ideas?

Takeshineale128

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have been using Witgui on my Mac with much success with Wii games, but for some reason it doesn't work with GameCube games. I am using Witgui to transfer ISO's from my Mac to a WBFS formatted USB drive, which I then stick in my Wii. All of the Wii games I have transferred this way work, but the GameCube games that I transferred don't work. Any ideas?
Use Nintendont for gamecube games.
Partition your hard drive in 2 partitions, one partition in WBFS for wii games and fat32 for gamecube games.

Last edited by Takeshineale128,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

You can't run Gamecube games from a WBFS partition. They need to be on FAT32. You can partition the entire drive as FAT32 and WIT can automatically split the games >4GB into two files.

tateconcepts

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am new to Wii hacking, so please forgive my ignorance. I just successfully installed the Homebrew Channel on my Wii. What I want to do is run a backup I made of New Super Mario Bros Wii, which is a 47.GB ISO file, from an external device, either a SD card, Flash Drive, or Hard Drive. The problem is, as far as I know, Wii only supports FAT32 which only recognizes files up to 4.0GB. I am probably wrong. Someone please tell me how to launch this 4.7GB game from any kind of external device. Thanks in advance!

What I want to know is, while the Wii only has a wireless connection - the Wii U has an Ethernet port. Personally, I think using local storage - USB 2/3/3.1 is the worst with SDHC only being slightly better because its internal. As a network and systems admin, we run virtualized servers / desktop sessions for people all the time and they are stored elsewhere - NAS/SAN or whatever. Has anyone heard of or figured out a means to load or access GC/Wii or whatever titles from a network location yet?

I would prefer to place them on network LUN (storage partition) that I can make whatever filesystem (FAT32/exFAT/NTFS/EXT3/NFS) and then use an iSCSI initiator to the iSCSI target I will have set up on my SAN. Surely, I'm not the only one with at least a network based storage device that someone wants to pull data from. Seems stupid I can do that with Dolphin easy but cannot mod it somehow through the Wii / Wii U. Any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks,
Brian

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs