Hacking How to install RxTools (or how to generate ExHeader XORpads without it)?

szymon170

Pr0FessiuNal HelPeR wiTh HaxXX
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I need this CFW to obtain ExHeader XORpads (I want to convert .3ds to .cia). I already have Luma3DS with A9LH on my N3DS, so maybe there is another method of obtaining these ExHeader XORpads.

I'd like to install this CFW without setting up EmuNAND (I can do that with NTR CFW), I just want the tools.

Amapola62

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Maybe with Decrypt9WIP...In one of the options it has...NCCH Padgen or something...or Xorpad Generation...

D

Deleted User

Decrypt9 can generate xorpads as well; I highly recommend using that instead of Rxtools!

Edit: Ninja'd. ffs...

szymon170

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Umm, when I generate xopads (I select XORpad Generator Options and then NCCH Padgen) I get this error:

Opening seeddb.bin ...
Could not open seeddb.bin
9.x seed crypto will fail
Opening ncchinfo.bin ...
Number of entries: 2
0: /0004000000098500.Main.exheader.xorpad (1MB
Using keyslot: 2C
SD failure or SD full
NCCH Padgen: failed!

Press B to return, START to reboot.

By the way I didn't had a Decrypt9 folder on my SD card so I've created it, and my sysNAND is updated to the newest version.

I've been following this guide from step "covert .3ds files to .cia". I have probably put the ncchinfo.bin in the wrong place (it is in Decrypt9 directory in the root of my SD card.
https://www.reddit.com/r/3dshacks/comments/40etaz/tutorial_dumping_3ds_carts_and_converting_3ds/
EDIT:
When I place the file somewhere else it isn't even detected, so it probably is in proper directory.

Last edited by szymon170,

szymon170

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
It already is in root of my SD card.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I have launched it for the second time and it has succeeded. I think that I really need to buy a better SD card soon.

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended