Tutorial  Updated

How to install Retrix (Retroarch/Libretro port) for Xbox One

Prerequisite - Requires Dev mode to be activated so you can sideloadd apps. If you don't already have it you can find more information here. https://www.windowscentral.com/how-activate-dev-mode-your-xbox-one-console

libretro_logo.jpg

Retrix(LibretroRT) is a massive project aimed at porting all libretro cores to UWP. It currently supports Nes,Snes,Sega Master System,Sega Game gear, Sega CD, sg 1000, Playstation, Gameboy, Gameboy advance, and many more to be ported soon. This guide will cover installing Retrix for your xbox one console.

[1.] Download ProjectPgeasus (If you already have ProjectPegasus this step doesn't apply)
https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/raw/master/ProjectPegasusSetup.exe

[2.] Once Installed just open it up and select RetriX. Now just wait for it to download. All you have to do now is Sideload Retrix on to your Xbox One (If you don't know how, follow the full guide here https://github.com/wiired24/ProjectPegasus/blob/master/binaries/Installing APPX Packages.pdf )

[3.] Enjoy! :yayone:

TEcaQY6.png

Retrix brings with it support for local 2 player something we have not had until now. It also opens the floodgates to every single emulator that is currently inside the scope of the libretro project. You can see a full list here https://github.com/libretro

I had been sitting on releasing Retrix for quite a bit now but it has finally reached a point where it is stable enough for release. Credit goes to Albertofustonini for creating and maintaining the Retrix Project. Credit also goes to @kingtut for advocating for a Libretro/Retroarch port for Xbox One. You can follow current development on the official github page https://github.com/Aftnet/LibretroRT

Last edited by wiired24,

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's to be out of the store, if they publish Microsoft will remove, ban and make a rule with fine to prevent they to continue the development.
does that apply for xbox live creator program as well? I have seen a game called arcade hysteria which uses a majora mask sprite. and yet it is available on the store right now.

PROTOBOY

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
does that apply for xbox live creator program as well? I have seen a game called arcade hysteria which uses a majora mask sprite. and yet it is available on the store right now.

I know this program but I am not familiar with the limitations.

At first Microsoft started remove some emulators from store saying to the public the only reason was that those emulators wasn't part of ID@XBOX program, but after some tries like NesBox team which tried to make sure all requirements were fulfilled in order to be a member of ID@XBOX, Microsoft just refused their permission giving no plausible explanation. Now then they suddenly banned all emulators from the UWP Windows Store (Windows Phone 8.1, Xbox, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows 10).

It doesn't matter anymore how good would be or how much money the developers could contribute by publishing their emulators there, in a matter of fact seems that they are AFRAID of being sued by Nintendo and other companies for having an emulator of their console available in Windows Store.

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this program but I am not familiar with the limitations.

At first Microsoft started remove some emulators from store saying to the public the only reason was that those emulators wasn't part of ID@XBOX program, but after some tries like NesBox team which tried to make sure all requirements were fulfilled in order to be a member of ID@XBOX, Microsoft just refused their permission giving no plausible explanation. Now then they suddenly banned all emulators from the UWP Windows Store (Windows Phone 8.1, Xbox, Windows 10 Mobile, Windows 10).

It doesn't matter anymore how good would be or how much money the developers could contribute by publishing their emulators there, in a matter of fact seems that they are AFRAID of being sued by Nintendo and other companies for having an emulator of their console available in Windows Store.

That is what I thought, but the thing is they are not clear if it is about id@xbox or xbox creator program. because the thing about creator program is that supposedly there is no approval process. so nothing is stopping us from just trying to release it on xbox one and seeing what happens. worst case scenario, they would just refuse and nothing bad will happen since we are following their rules

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
couldnt anybody release anybody's appx to the creators club why does it have to be absestos or whoever makes nesbox etc. hell throw up the chip8 emulator and see if it lasts

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
well the dev did stop nesbox and the chip8 emulator is pretty much done so if anything those would be a good candidate
I do not think nesbox stopped development because Microsoft forced them. they probably stopped it because they thought there was no point trying again

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I do not think nesbox stopped development because Microsoft forced them. they probably stopped it because they thought there was no point trying again
im not saying it was because of Microsoft im saying there not in development so who they gonna go after if they did say anything?

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah, my point is can someone try just releasing it on xbox one using xbox creator program. we are just following their approval process. and if it fails. we simply remove it. no harm

kingtut

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He has basically accepted the challenge to port a dynarec to Mednafen PS1 the estimated finish time is 22 sept but we'll see :)
awesome hopefully he can pull it off im sure its not easy to do i just hope that absestos doesnt have problems inplementing it like he is with the other systems

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
awesome hopefully he can pull it off im sure its not easy to do i just hope that absestos doesnt have problems inplementing it like he is with the other systems
I hope so too. This dynarec opens up possibilities for both xbox one and wiiu.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

ploggy

WAKA! WAKA!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
so what happened to yabause? I thought it doesn't require dynarec. was there some other problem?
What yabause for xbox?
Not sure. Still up in ait as far as I know

This new dynarec will only be for mednafen ps1 no other emulator.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Reactions: kingtut

dominater01

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so what happened to yabause? I thought it doesn't require dynarec. was there some other problem?
im not quite sure if he's having problems or if its just taking awhile to implement i've seen him working on n64 saturn fba nds etc but nothing has been implemented yet so im assuming hes having issues and is scrapping it everytime but i dont know

Site & Scene News

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Sup