How to install Project M "Hackless" with SD-HC cards!

Discussion in 'Wii - Tutorials' started by Blake5100, Feb 20, 2016.

?

Was this easy to setup?

1. Ya

3 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Kind of

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. NOPE

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Blake5100
    OP

Blake5100 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2014
    United States
    Hello GBAtemp! Before I begin, this program is a mod of a program called "wilbrand" by "actar" I couldn't have made this tool without him so once you've installed the mod, I sugest you check it out :D https://gbatemp.net/threads/wilbrand-launcher.328943/

To do this, you will need: A Brawl Disc, an SD (HC) card, and a pc that can read sd cards.

To start: We need to find your wii's "MAC adress" and "System Menu Version" to use the exploit. To get your System menu version, power on your console and hit "Wii Options" (bottom left) , than hit "Wii Settings". At the top right of the screen, you should see "Ver. X.XX". Write this down. Next, to find you mac adress, from the wii settings option, hit plus once on your wiimote and you should see "Internet". Hit it and than hit "Console information". At the top portion of the screen, you MAC adress will be displayed. Write it down. Now turn off your system.

Next, download my program, "Project M Installer" here; https://www.dropbox.com/s/my3sbxc38d3xfsy/ProjectMInstallerSD-HC.zip?dl=1 Extract the folder and open the program. From here, type in your mac adress, select your region, and select youor system menu ver. (Make sure to leave checked the "leave checked to install project m" option ;) Now, just click "Create exploit" and P.M will begin to download and extract! (This will take about a 10 minutes, depending on your Internet speed! Also, the program will say it has stopped responding. This is totally normal!) A window should apear telling you everything has installed! Hit ok. A new window will come up asking if you want to "view files to copy to SD card?" Hit yes. Select all of the files that apear and "right click" them and choose "copy". Now, incert your SD card and open it up. "right click" and choose paste on your SD card. This should take abbout 5 minutes.

Now, Insert the card into your wii and turn the power on. (Make sure your brawl disc is in! :D )Wait about 10 sec. on the menu and than go to you wii message board and go back 1 day. A green letter should come up (may be overlapping you play history if you played yesterday). Click on the letter.

A screen should come up saying "mounting devices" and than you should see some files/folders. Go in the "Project M Launcher" folder and click on the "Project M launcher.elf" file. It will ask you if you want to boot it. Hit yes. From here, all you have to do is hit play! Congrats user! You now have project M!

If you have any questions feel free to ask! If my software has any glitches (like when you close it, windows says It may not have installed correctly (ignore it ;) it installed fine) well, I'm sorry. I'm just a little kid XD

Hope you find this useful!

-Blake

Last edited by Blake5100, Feb 25, 2016
    Garcimak likes this.
  2. Blake5100
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2014
    United States
    edit: made the instructions way shorter

3. Octoling

Octoling Banned

Banned
    Dec 28, 2015
    United States
    Same place as [INSERT NAME HERE]
    What version is this?

4. Blake5100
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2014
    United States
    Version 3.6

5. WootNoot

WootNoot Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    United States
    I have a question...and a problem. I did everything that was directed, but each time I use the exploit, my screen turns black and remains black. I'm not sure where I went wrong, but it would be grateful of you to hopefully provide a answer to my burning question. Also is there anyway you could show a display of what my SD card should look like and how the project M should boot up? In the mean time, I'll be trying to fix this problem myself also.

Last edited by WootNoot, Nov 8, 2016
  6. Blake5100
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2014
    United States
    The root of your sd card should look exactly like this:

sd.png
    If it looks exactly like in the photo, you didn't do anything wrong :D Your sd card probably just has a compatibility issue or something. A workaround is to simply go to: http://please.hackmii.com
    From this site, simply type in your mac address and choose your firmware version HOWEVER, make sure to uncheck "Bundle the hackmii installer for me!". From there simply click "Cut the red wire". A new file should begin downloading. Delete the "private" folder on your sd card and extract the "letterbomb.zip" file onto the root of your sd card. You should now have a new private folder on your sd. On your wii, insert your sd and click on this new letter. You should be able to follow the rest of my guide normally! If you have any other problems don't be afraid to ask!

-Blake

Last edited by Blake5100, Nov 9, 2016
  7. WootNoot

WootNoot Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    United States
    Thank you, my good sir for the helpful advice. My Project M will be a dream come true, thanks to you.

Blake5100 likes this.
  8. WootNoot

WootNoot Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    United States
    So, I been able to load the Project M launcher, but each time I hit play, it takes me back to the Wii menu. Any solution to this and do I need the boot.elf file for project M?

9. Blake5100
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2014
    United States
    There are a few reasons why this could happen... I'll start with one question, is your SD card formatted to fat32? Also your pretty unlucky that everything that could possibly go wrong is going wrong lol :P

Edit: Oh yea, when you start up Project M, do you hit start or do you press A? Make sure you just press A!

Last edited by Blake5100, Nov 12, 2016
  10. WootNoot

WootNoot Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 8, 2016
    United States
    EDIT: I finally managed to get project M to work, thanks to you.

Last edited by WootNoot, Nov 13, 2016
    Blake5100 likes this.
  11. Dulicious

Dulicious Member

Newcomer
    Dec 3, 2016
    United States
    Thanks!

Blake5100 likes this.
  12. Flareon

Flareon Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2017
    Netherlands
    I just installed everything needed to play project M but when i click play (with A) my wii takes me back to the wii menu. I have the exact same root except i have apps above codes with the file wii explorer in it. I used partitionwizard to set the sd to 2GB, 32fat and a 32kb cluster. Do you know why it doesn't work? ( I think it is because my disk has some scratches on it or that I need to delete the file apps on the sd). (the file name means screenshot. It is Dutch). I hope you will reply soon;):yaywii:

Attached Files:

13. Blake5100
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2014
    United States
    Hey, thanks for trying out my tool! Firstly, you didnt have to format your sd card to 2gb. This app is designed for sd-hc. Because already formatted it to 2gb, I'd sugest simply installing it through the intended method as shown here: http://projectmirror.no-ip.org
    If you have any more questions, feel feee to ask :D

-Blake

14. Flareon

Flareon Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2017
    Netherlands
    It still doesnt work. Do i need to have internet connection on or is my disk too much damaged? (i tried it with legacy before and it didnt work too.)

15. Blake5100
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2014
    United States
    If neither works, then yes I'm almost positive it has something to do with your disc. If you have a friend who owns a copy of the game, give it a shot and see what happens. I wish you the best of luck!

-Blake

16. Flareon

Flareon Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2017
    Netherlands
    Sorry for being this annoying but it still doesnt work. Is there anything other I can try? (Can you play it with wii remote and nunchuck? My pro-controller doesnt work and i dont have a Gamecube controller)

17. Blake5100
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2014
    United States
    Yes, you can play this game with wiimote and nunchuck. Also try using a different console if thats possible

18. Flareon

Flareon Newbie

Newcomer
    Feb 11, 2017
    Netherlands
    I already tried it on my wii u and the wii of someone else. Should I use homebrew?

19. Blake5100
    OP

Newcomer
    Feb 19, 2014
    United States
    That wouldn't make a difference but I'd give it a shot anyways...

20. Jrzag42

Jrzag42 Newbie

Newcomer
    Yesterday
    United States
    Will this work on Wii U?