MissYumi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Hi everybody,

I am thinking about to install Luma3DS and I have two 3DS. One old and one new 3DS. Actually I have gateway emunand on both and menuhax which loads homebrew launcher to load gateway emunand.
I have Firmware 9.2 on both.

So I am new to this and I don't understand the whole process of getting a CFW installed. I read the Luma3DS wiki but I only see upgrade manuals no complete guide. I don't have ARN. ARN = AuReiNand???

I also want / need the A9LH hack.

So does anybody have a complete step by step guide?

Thank you!

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The go-to guide on all things CFW/A9LH
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki
Just want to make sure you know that Gateway doesn't work with A9LH yet but they claim it will soon™.
AuReiNAND is the original name for Luma3DS. All guides referring to ARN will still work with Luma3DS.

MissYumi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Thanks for the quick replies. There will be RedNAND installed in this guide. So I should start with fresh formatted SD card right?? Looks like a long way to get this CFW. Do you recommend Luma3DS? Or other question why do you use Luma3DS?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Yeah, best start with a fresh formatted sd card, big enough to suit your needs (32GB is plenty for the average user).

I'd recommend Luma3DS. It has everything you need. It patches all things that you could want (gba, ds, signature), it is very stable, it has weekly updates (unlike rxtools which hasn't been updated since February), it is very customisable (your own splash screens!) and it supports A9LH ofcourse. And it's very easy to use!

MissYumi

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I've read that the guide (Plailect) recommends or requires a non touched 3DS device, but I installed Homebrewlauncher for example. Is this a problem?? How to manage this?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It does not require an unmodded device, it's just recommended. Just read rednand as your Emunand and do it like the guide says. The guide also points you were to start.

Last edited by Temarile,

CrispyYoshi

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do note, though, that Gateway doesn't currently support A9LH, and you will need an entirely separate 9.2 emunand just to boot it until they release their A9LH boot solution.

Reactions: astronautlevel

Skyreith

Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Sorry for thread-jacking, I've a quiestion; I'm confused.

I have a 3DS @ 9.8 sysNAND, and I have Gateway. But the 3DS isn't hacked. Is it safe to hack, and what's the best recommended method?

And to note, Gateway already has support for A9LH

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: https://i.imgur.com/kTzpzBF.mp4