Tutorial  Updated

How to install and play Eur BotW

After you completed the following
MattKimura's Wii U hacking guide(you only need steps I-III)

1. Download the game files which contains 258 files, i renamed the '00050000101C9500' folder to 'Z1' (final version with the uncorrupted files should be 259 files, 10,551,280,012 bytes)
2. Download the .tik file and rename it to title.tik (be sure you have extensions enabled or you can mess up and rename it to title.tik.tik if your extensions are hidden)
3. Place the title.tik files in the game folder (you should now have 259 files with the tik added on)
4. Download the update (the one from MEGA) and put it in a folder named Z2
5. On your SD card you need to have a folder called 'install' where you will place the game folder and the update folder (name those 2 folders Z1=the actual game and Z2=update)
[Also installing on NAND is much quicker than USB]

6. Insert the SD card into the Wii U and turn it on
7. Run a CFW (Mocha doesn't require anything special to set up so use it if you don't have one)
8. Run homebrew channel → WUP install GX2 → install the Z1 folder first.
9. For safe measure reboot and repeat steps 6,7 &8, but this time install Z2, the game update.
10. (Optional) Go to your internet settings of the WiiU → your connection and change the connection SSID name by adding a 0, that way your wiiu isn't connected once you start your gameplay just as a precaution so your WiiU doesn't get banned!
11. Once both files are installed press home, exit MiiMaker, start the game and have fun

Error: If you get an error saying something about Sig patcher, you can download and install an app from the HomebBrew App Store under 'Tools' named 'SigPatcher2HBL' and/or 'SigPatcher2sysmenu', load them and retry install!

Enjoy.

Remember if you don't want to play this game using your WiiU pad, you can install HID TO VPAD from the HomebBrew App Store under 'Tools' and play BotW using your PS4 controller! (tutorial for that is also in MattKimura's Wii U hacking guide)

Also check out my mini guide on how to reduce frame-rate drop/lag in the game

(Anon from 4chan helped make this!, this is his discord https://discord.gg/ADxvY3h)
And a Special shout out to Frenchbro for providing us with the tik! :D

Last edited by Veho, , Reason: Link to game download removed.

Sparks43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I have this file structure
/install/z1/00050000101C9500/allthe app h3 and title files
/install/z2/the update files

Shoud the number folder be inside the z1 or should i have just renamed

Also is cbhc mandatory?

Roxe__

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I have this file structure
/install/z1/00050000101C9500/allthe app h3 and title files
/install/z2/the update files

Shoud the number folder be inside the z1 or should i have just renamed

Also is cbhc mandatory?
i just renamed my '00050000101C9500' folder to Z1

And yes i believe cbhc is mandatory for Mocha to work!

Reactions: Sparks43

ayeuman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
I don't know if i can ask this here, but when i click on "add the chocolate" i have a white screen? I tried and tried but everytime i have a white screen.

Roxe__

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I don't know if i can ask this here, but when i click on "add the chocolate" i have a white screen? I tried and tried but everytime i have a white screen.
If you get a white screen when you press add the chocolate, just take out your sd card (and your micro SDcard if you have an adapter) clean the connectors and reinsert them in to try again!

Last edited by Roxe__,

ayeuman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Macau
If you get a white screen when you press add the chocolate, just take out your sd card (and your micro sdcard if you have an adapter) and clean the connectors and reinsert them in!
Thanks, i'll try this right away.

EDIT: It worked? it said "IOSUPA" (or something like that) and went back to the Wii U menu.

Last edited by ayeuman,

julienbdes

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am under CBHC, 5.5.1, USA Console. Currently installing on NAND the games. The updates is copying on my second sd at the moment. I was always installing on USB (HDD) but i dont have time to get it. Any brick chance to install on nand? Thanks !

Roxe__

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
I am under CBHC, 5.5.1, USA Console. Currently installing on NAND the games. The updates is copying on my second sd at the moment. I was always installing on USB (HDD) but i dont have time to get it. Any brick chance to install on nand? Thanks !
I don't believe there's a brick chance but i will say that NAND is much faster than USB, since usb is limited to 2.0!

madmats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hmm, any ideas? My Wii U just stopped outputting AV over HDMI and the Wii U gamepad went black during install. Reboot and try again? Wait?

The console is still on though.

Roxe__

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Hmm, any ideas? My Wii U just stopped outputting AV over HDMI and the Wii U gamepad went black during install. Reboot and try again? Wait?

The console is still on though.
Reboot and try again, reattach your cables and SDcard if you have to!

madmats

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Reboot and try again, reattach your cables and SDcard if you have to!

Thanks, a bit scary that it will break or something haha. I think something's up with the HDD. Got a message that I need to restart it earlier, even though I use an Y-cable.

soratheultima

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Do you honestly think that people who have trouble putting the tik in the same directory as the game files, have the skill to do that?
just for a test, since my rednand still contained my NNID i played BOTW for around 9 minutes. I'm online but am also blocking the update servers. I deleted my NNID (which requires a sign in. SO i'll see if i get banned or not. (had to relink once i was in sysnand)

Reactions: fatsquirrel

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night