How to install and play Eur BotW

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by Roxe__, Feb 27, 2017.

1. sonymicronin

sonymicronin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2016
    United States
    I feel you. For the past 1.5 maybe 2 years I've only played 1 game, Smash 4. I haven't felt this way about a game since WindWaker(my first Zelda). This is one of my first open world games(never played Skyrim, Witcher, etc) and I love it. It really is challenging, puzzles and combat. I've been into shrines that I can't complete and have seen enemies that I can't defeat.

Minasodrom and Joom like this.
  2. betik

betik Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2014
    i set the sd card up exactly like that and when i add the chocolate i get a white screen when i delete the files out of install i can run everything fine?

3. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Totally coincidence. Make sure the home screen plaza populates a bit before launching the browser, you clear your browser data, and that you allow your Mii to show up on screen while the curtains are closed. This works for me every time.

4. betik

betik Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 1, 2014
    can seriously not be it... now it it freezes half faded white? with the mocha logo in the back ground

edit: it will boot up if i delete the .tik files? will it still install?

Last edited by betik, Mar 7, 2017
  5. PhotonWolfsky

PhotonWolfsky Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    United States
    Yeah, I know. I did the Z1 and Z2 steps... they installed with WUP Installer 100% fine with no errors. But... when I /run/ the game, from the main menu, I get the "preparing update" dialog box, followed by "update failed" and some prompts asking about my connection. It also shows as a failed software update in the download manager. I /can/ run the game, however, but if the update isn't working, I'd rather not play without it working unless I have to.

Edit: I went and tried to install the update folder again through WUP Installer. Again, perfectly fine. Finished. And again, still getting error when running the game after it "prepares update." It seems to be Error 105-4207 which is apparently when it can't connect to their servers for software updating...

Edit2: It's the Day 1 patch they put out that added DLC menu to the game. That obviously didn't come with this version, and isn't mentioned in the tutorial. It's a 150MB or so update. I was digging in some other thread and someone mentioned it was on NUSgrabber already, so I'm going to go through that and see if I can get the day 1 patch (I disabled my DNS block so it could attempt that game update, which showed be that it's a completely different update from the 2.2GB one).

Last edited by PhotonWolfsky, Mar 7, 2017
  6. sonymicronin

Newcomer
    May 20, 2016
    United States
    The update you're talking about is the v33 update, it's mentioned in this thread several times but not the tutorial because at the time of this thread's creation it didn't exist.

7. bobross82

bobross82 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2017
    United States
    I downloaded the us version of the game, 2.5gb update & the v33 update from USB helper and everything installs fine to th3 band. Running mocha seems to be hit or miss, seems like it goes every third try. But when I try to play the game without using mocha, I get an error message saying that the the dlc is unplayable. I just bypass it by booting into mocha and the message never shows up after that. What gives? Do I need that dlc? Can I delete it? Will I lose my game save progress? I would like to just play the us version without messing mocha, if possible.

8. Shauno

Shauno Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2017
    Anyone else getting errors when trying to load loadiine?

I have followed the guide both here and the other guide to the letter, I've previously had it running fine, but today I got Internet problems. At first I thought it was possibly Loadiine not loading, but the Wii wouldn't connect to anything. So I deleted the connection, and redid the steps - now, it seems to connect to internet when you test it before updating the DNS, but after, it doesn't. Tried reseting modem (but don't think it is that) and the same thing happens.

I get the error code: 112-1006 when opening in browser.

Anyone have advice? Am I overlooking something?

9. TheBufferPiece

TheBufferPiece Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 4, 2017
    United States
    The DNS service that MattKimura's guide says to use shut down earlier today due to abuse. You have to switch to TitleDNS.

10. sonymicronin

Newcomer
    May 20, 2016
    United States
    What is it?

11. Minasodrom

Minasodrom GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2015
    Australia
    this guide needs an update to remove mocha and include only the v33 update.

12. Dimensio

Dimensio Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    I hate to add to the noise in this discussion but even after reading through all fifteen pages I still have some uncertainty.

I have the BOTW USB-ready files, verified 259 items and the correct total bytes used in the folder.
    I also have the v33 Update.
    I have no other updates.
    Is this all that I need, or will I need to obtain earlier updates? I assume that I have all that I need but I would like to be certain.

I also will note that I attempted to install using wup installer gx2 last night and the process completed without errors but nothing showed on my console after going back to the system menu. I believe that I may have screwed up the file transfer to the SD card, so I will be trying again this afternoon but I would like to know if anyone knows of another reason for that outcome.

I am installing to a US Wii U, and I am currently installing to NAND because I have no suitable USB storage for Wii U content (my only USB drive is FAT32 formatted for my Wii/GameCube collection in vWii mode). I assume that I have to use Mocha in order to be able to launch the title once it is installed properly (unless I want to try to tweak the game region somehow), but is installing an out-of-region title to NAND problematic? If so, I can pick up another USB storage device later today (I may do this anyway, because the idea of putting my current Wii U disc library onto USB storage is appealing).

13. Minasodrom

Minasodrom GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2015
    Australia
    why would you need mocha or to edit region? get the one for your region so you dont need cfw. but it shouldnt be a problem to install to NAND either way.
    and yes, you lnly need game and update v33.

14. Dimensio

Dimensio Member

Newcomer
    Aug 28, 2009
    United States
    I'd use one from my region if I could find it. I actually will probably buy it and rip it myself (if I do not buy it on a Switch, if I buy a Switch). As it is, I installed what I have according to the instruction and it is working.

I'm still a bit new at this. I actually wasn't even aware that the Wii U had been effectively cracked until last week.

Minasodrom likes this.
  15. DarkerForce

DarkerForce Newbie

Newcomer
    Apr 3, 2016
    Sorry...Do I install the v33 update onto the NAND, same as the game (no issues with overwriting etc..)

16. shadoom

shadoom GBAtemp Regular

Sep 14, 2009
    Taiwan
    Anyone who has successfully added the season pass? It doesn't seem to do anything for me.

17. Groomery

Groomery GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2008
  18. Shikkichu

Shikkichu GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 28, 2017
    Cyprus
  19. Groomery

Groomery GBAtemp Regular

Oct 3, 2008
    Yes im playing from an USB Harddrive, is that the problem?

20. xdddddddddddddddddddddddd

xdddddddddddddddddddddddd Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 11, 2017
    United States
    where are the update download links