How to install and play Eur BotW

Discussion in 'Wii U - Tutorials' started by Roxe__, Feb 27, 2017.

1. superthorn96

superthorn96 Member

Newcomer
    Jun 18, 2011
    United States
    i was able to install the game, but when trying to install the update i got "Verify WUP files are correct & complete. DLC/E-shop require Sig Patch"/

Edit: When downloading the game with wii u usb helper, it worked; no need for cfw either as long as you get your region

Last edited by superthorn96, Mar 5, 2017
  2. Pl0xers

Pl0xers Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    Afghanistan
    Nevermind I've download the loadiine ready version by mistake.

Last edited by Pl0xers, Mar 5, 2017
  3. AdamBrunt

AdamBrunt GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jun 24, 2003
    Finally got back to the HBC and installed the update (which had been downloaded via WiiU USB Helper). Couple of nervy moments when starting the game when you think it's not going to work but ... works like a charm :D Only played for about 5 minutes to test so far but noticed nothing wrong with textures from my POV though it is a bit difficult to play on game pad only :)

Thanks all the help guys.

4. getsqueezed

getsqueezed Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 13, 2016
    France
    Hello. I'm trying to install the update but I keep getting the syg patcher error. I have downloaded and launched every syg patch app there is. I've redownloaded the update v33 to make sure the files were not corrupted. None of the above worked. Any solution? Thanks

5. SUPGUYZZ

SUPGUYZZ Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    United States
    I installed the game and my girlfriend was playing it perfectly last night. I turned the console back on today and its no longer on any of the tiles in the main menu. How do I access it?

6. Pl0xers

Pl0xers Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 5, 2017
    Afghanistan
    Does anybody know if the rom is region locked or can the roms be used for any type of console?

7. PhotonWolfsky

PhotonWolfsky Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    United States
    I got the game working fine, in terms of actually playing it (I only loaded into the beginning and moved the camera around to test it so far)... but I'm curious, is it supposed to try updating each time you run the game? Mine tries to update each time I run it, fails to update, asks about my internet connection (I changed the SSID to prevent it from going online, so it figures it might ask about it while trying to update), but if I start the game without updating, it runs fine. Am I missing something, or...?

8. bigballs1981

bigballs1981 Member

Newcomer
    Oct 31, 2011
    Venezuela
    you sure you didn't unplug your hdd/sd?? i freaked out when all my games disappeared, it was data cable pulled out slightly :blush:
    @PhotonWolfsky you should install the 2gb update, it's bound to fix graphics etc

9. Donnie88

Donnie88 Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    United States
    I keep getting a "System Update required" error. Is this fixed with the v33 update? I followed everything to the tee, except that update. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks guys!

10. pepecardona

pepecardona Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    Mexico
    Sorry for the so noob question but i really dont know where are the download links, anyone pls can help me find out. I know it's basic but i have been searching for the links like half hour. thanks

11. Minasodrom

Minasodrom GBAtemp Regular

Jun 17, 2015
    Australia
    its not an error, the game needs the update to run :)

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

read the rules, no links here

Donnie88 likes this.
  12. pepecardona

pepecardona Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 6, 2017
    Mexico
    Oh right, thanks for the answer. So.. any hint to where to look for the game files or smth?

13. sonymicronin

sonymicronin Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 20, 2016
    United States
    Google???

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Why are forests and towns so laggy? Wasn't the v33 update supposed to fix lag in towns and forests, etc?

14. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Did you install it to an external drive or the NAND? I installed it to NAND and haven't experienced the first bit of lag.

15. sonymicronin

Newcomer
    May 20, 2016
    United States
    External drive... I'm an idiot aren't I? I thought you weren't supposed install games that aren't your region to NAND even with mocha; wouldn't it brick your console??? If not how would I go about reinstalling to NAND while keeping my savefile? Would I use the Wii U's data-management and move everything to system storage? Thanks in advance.

16. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Backup the save then use Wii U USB Helper to download the game. Then install it with WUP Installer. This is what I did and have had no issues whatsoever.

17. sonymicronin

Newcomer
    May 20, 2016
    United States
    I have all the game files and updates already. How can I backup the save? Would I have to delete the previous installation from my external drive? Also, my Wii U is the 8 GB model, is that a problem? Sorry for the numerous questions lol.

18. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    Oh, since it's the 8 GB model then there's no point in following my suggestions. The game is about 13 GB coupled with the update. You can try turning your Wii U's resolution down to 1080i instead of 1080p (or even 720p). I've seen some reports stating that this speeds it up in some areas that typically lag.

19. sonymicronin

Newcomer
    May 20, 2016
    United States
    Welp RIP me, I can't even complain though because the game is amazing. I'll try turning my Wii U's resolution down to 720p since that's what the game runs at anyways. Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

Joom likes this.
  20. Joom

Joom  ❤❤❤

Jan 8, 2016
    United States
    And how. This is the first game I've been fully invested into since Skyrim (so, it's been about six years since I've fallen in love with a game). I've devoted about 20 hours to it and I'm still at the very beginning (I've only beat one divine beast, but still, so much to do), which I absolutely love. It feels like Nintendo finally got the message that their devoted fans wanted a challenging game and they delivered.