Tutorial  Updated

How to install and play Eur BotW

After you completed the following
MattKimura's Wii U hacking guide(you only need steps I-III)

1. Download the game files which contains 258 files, i renamed the '00050000101C9500' folder to 'Z1' (final version with the uncorrupted files should be 259 files, 10,551,280,012 bytes)
2. Download the .tik file and rename it to title.tik (be sure you have extensions enabled or you can mess up and rename it to title.tik.tik if your extensions are hidden)
3. Place the title.tik files in the game folder (you should now have 259 files with the tik added on)
4. Download the update (the one from MEGA) and put it in a folder named Z2
5. On your SD card you need to have a folder called 'install' where you will place the game folder and the update folder (name those 2 folders Z1=the actual game and Z2=update)
[Also installing on NAND is much quicker than USB]

6. Insert the SD card into the Wii U and turn it on
7. Run a CFW (Mocha doesn't require anything special to set up so use it if you don't have one)
8. Run homebrew channel → WUP install GX2 → install the Z1 folder first.
9. For safe measure reboot and repeat steps 6,7 &8, but this time install Z2, the game update.
10. (Optional) Go to your internet settings of the WiiU → your connection and change the connection SSID name by adding a 0, that way your wiiu isn't connected once you start your gameplay just as a precaution so your WiiU doesn't get banned!
11. Once both files are installed press home, exit MiiMaker, start the game and have fun

Error: If you get an error saying something about Sig patcher, you can download and install an app from the HomebBrew App Store under 'Tools' named 'SigPatcher2HBL' and/or 'SigPatcher2sysmenu', load them and retry install!

Enjoy.

Remember if you don't want to play this game using your WiiU pad, you can install HID TO VPAD from the HomebBrew App Store under 'Tools' and play BotW using your PS4 controller! (tutorial for that is also in MattKimura's Wii U hacking guide)

Also check out my mini guide on how to reduce frame-rate drop/lag in the game

(Anon from 4chan helped make this!, this is his discord https://discord.gg/ADxvY3h)
And a Special shout out to Frenchbro for providing us with the tik! :D

Last edited by Veho, , Reason: Link to game download removed.

SuicideLeaf

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
So I managed to fix the freezing and can boot by USB now! Woo. Console region is EUR.
I downloaded both game and the update (v33) from USB helper.
Ran WUP installer v1.3. (without mocha)
-Installed the game
-After that I then installed the update, separately.

I was not prompted for any other updates, and the game no longer freezes. The changes I made were using WUP Installer 1.3 instead of gx2 and not using mocha at all ( what @Minasodrom told me to try ) .

I did also re plug in my USB hdd for extra measures.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Not sure if I should be worried or not.

Downloaded the two files via Wii U USB helper and added them to the SD card. Loaded up the HBC through the Internet Browser like normal and then used WUP to install the 9GB file. It took a while but claimed to have done it (and Zelda is now on the Wii U menu).

Running Zelda gives a "you need to do a system update" message after a few seconds and kicks me back to the Wii menu. System update option says the Wii U is up-to-date [ 5.5.1E ] so I guess I have to use WUP to install the v33 file. But now, the Internet Browser route to the HBC no longer works - it goes to thw URL and says "detected Wii U system" (or whatever it says) but then goes to a white screen. No Wii U logo in the bottom right - just a blank screen.

Any ideas anyone ?
Sometimes that happens when trying to load up hbl. I used the URL "loadiine.ovh" to load it, nothing else. Just keep trying. The update should go away after you get through to install v33.

spacerecon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi, im kinda new to this, I am just wondering if after I install the game, can I delete the install files from my SD card? pretty sure I can, just want to be sure.

Minasodrom

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
That sounds too easy :)

So if I have a EUR console I don't need to install rednand / CFW ? I just download the game and the v33 update and install them using WUP installer running the HBC on the normal Wii U firmware ?
yes

Code folder has 3 files.
Content has 18,689 Files, 10,361,286,656 bytes.
Meta has 27 Files.

If I delete the content folder I'm left with like 30mb of files.

I was able to install the update through the method described, but the game itself is still giving me problems to copy. I'm doing it through mocha instead of Haxchi because I followed a guide telling me this was the way to do it. Haxchi loads mocha, I thought?

Can someone please just humor me and spell out exactly what to do, starting with only having a .wud and .key file for Zelda? I think my install folder for it is causing the problem. It has to be, if the update installed correctly.... right?

dude, you got an extracted version. there should be no folders

download game with wiiu usb helper and install, no mocha or any other cfw needed

spacerecon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I am having trouble installing the update, I run mocha, then sigpatcher, then try to install it with WUP installer gx2, but I get the error "Verify WUP files are correct & complete. DLC/E-shop require Sig patch". What am I doing wrong?

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
I've got a question, and sorry if this is common knowledge, but is there any chance of being banned after playing whilst connected to a network after the official street date? I know that this doesn't happen with the 3DS, but this is the first time I've ever pirated on the Wii U and I'm just curious. Of course I followed the advice in the OP and changed my SSID before playing, but that's going to become annoying real fast.

Last edited by Joom,

Neep

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I fixed my problem. I ditched the wud file and key files. I downloaded the USB helper (ON MY PC) and gave it a link to "THE" site it wanted. It then downloaded the game for me (USA version, not EU, btw!) and the day 1 patch. It then copied it to my SD card, and using the USB helper homebrew app, it installed to the NAND off the SD card. It was all really, really easy. Once I figured out that you need an app on your PC as well as your wii to get it going properly. But wow, ninty's DRM is really blown wide open, huh?

Reactions: Minasodrom

Yggdrasil_Dono

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Installed the game, and it works quite well. The problem is that I sometimes get the "USB device has been disconnected" error code 160-2713. This happens with other games as well. Already turned off the sleep mode of my usb decive, some maybe it just doesn't want to work right with the Wii U? Any ideas?

Phemeto

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I am trying to install it, and it seems to install just fine but theres nothing on the home menu after it finishes. No icon, no new files, nothing. Anyone have any idea?

I have like 360 files, ticket included....

sonymicronin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
with wiiu usb helper from nintendo servers :)
Thanks!

I am having trouble installing the update, I run mocha, then sigpatcher, then try to install it with WUP installer gx2, but I get the error "Verify WUP files are correct & complete. DLC/E-shop require Sig patch". What am I doing wrong?
Reboot Wii U. Run mocha only then install update where you installed game. That's what I did.

LuckyDo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
upload_2017-3-4_11-35-19.png
I went over the size and files? Howd that happen

sonymicronin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does the v33 patch fix the lag/frame drops? More specifically, does it fix Kakariko village??? The lag there is atrocious and I left as soon as I noticed lol.

LichbannMejolaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A question: I installed the EUR version when it came out with the patch (v16 if I'm not mistaken). Now, can I install patch v33 normally over it and keep on playing or should I reinstall the whole thing?

Cptgame446

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I've been playing this copy and the copy of ordered came in today. If i start playing the real copy will I lose my saved progress?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.