Hardware How to install a wide selection of Modchips

supermodchips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have made a set of tutorials that detail how to disassemble the wii and install various modchips. This is not done yet and will be updated whenever a new video is finished.

List of videos so far
- How to Disassemble the wii
- How to Reassemble the wii
- How to replace the wii DVD drive
- How to Install the DriveKey
- How to Install the Sunkey
- How to Install the Sunkey Lite

--------------------------

How to Disassemble the wii

How to Reassemble the wii

How to replace the wii DVD drive

How to Install the DriveKey

How to Install the Sunkey

How to Install the Sunkey Lite

This is the end of my tutorial and I know that it may be considered an advertisement but if you are looking for parts and modchips, dont hesitate to shop at Super Mod Chips for any parts you may need, especially if you are Australian.

pollocktrance

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That is what is recommended for the Wii since the new players in the new Wii console can use other methods, such as DVD backups unless the disk is changed. If you have an old disk Wode would also allow the Wii to boot backups of DVDs, but from a new Wii console to boot from a USB device as an external hard drive. It takes 30 minutes to install everything and installed correctly. I recommend carrying an SD card with you.

wrighty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
modchips.

which is the best modchip to use, have been studying the solderless drivekey mod chip and thinking of getting this one, looks really easy to install, just so i can play backups and would this open up anything else giving me further options or just backups and make the wii region free and would the drivekey be ok with further updates????dont really know a lot about these...dont want to go down the road of installing the HBC, as the wii is for my kids so dont want to brick it....then i will be in trouble,

i have a wii on 4.3e...purchased it about 2007-8

also compatability????

any info would be great...
yaywii.gif

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
wrighty said:
modchips.

which is the best modchip to use, have been studying the solderless drivekey mod chip and thinking of getting this one, looks really easy to install, just so i can play backups and would this open up anything else giving me further options or just backups and make the wii region free and would the drivekey be ok with further updates????dont really know a lot about these...dont want to go down the road of installing the HBC, as the wii is for my kids so dont want to brick it....then i will be in trouble,

i have a wii on 4.3e...purchased it about 2007-8

also compatability????

any info would be great...
yaywii.gif
Do a softmod and with a modchip you cal also brick your wii by installing out of region update and if you have a d3-2 drive you CANNOT read DVD with any modchip
the best would be to softmod, autoboot cfg loader and disable dangerous options (like erasing games)

wrighty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i done the wii checker with the serial number and turns out that i can use anything thats compatable with the D2C drives...have been advised with wasabi DX...anyone else tried this ?????

feedback........
yaywii.gif

Porobu

Gbatemps Shiny Latias
Trophies
XP
Country
wrighty said:
i done the wii checker with the serial number and turns out that i can use anything thats compatable with the D2C drives...have been advised with wasabi DX...anyone else tried this ?????

feedback........
yaywii.gif
You will now need a drive modchip if you want to play GC audio streaming games
Softmods can play discs with no problem

wrighty

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
like i said the wasabi dx looks most favourable..........to enable backup play.......also the usb loader thing...i take it the wii would need softmod for this to work....??? does anyone have any suggestions for burning wii games...most have said imgburn....but when aquired it scanned fine until try and run it and it detects malware!!.............
huh.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    I can't believe you got me with that
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I haven't been gaming for such a long time. Been mostly busy with sleep, hardware tinkering and checking GBAtemp frequently.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hope you've had a good morning.
    It's going alright thanks :) I know what you mean with gaming time. It's precious where I can get it these days.
    +1
    I think that's why I focus on just enjoying single player experiences that aren't too competitive
    How are you doing?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    There's also this thing where I'm hyperfocused at night and cannot get to sleep.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl: