Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Hand typing for the edits. I c&p-ed the scripts between computers.

And I think I restarted it like 10 times in the last few hours.

A google search suggested I add a line in dnsmasq.conf, so I did and restarted again. Now getting this error

dnsmasq: failed to bind dhcp server socket: Address already in use.

What's baffling me is that it is broadcasting the attwifi signal. It's just not connecting.
Do copy and paste it's better! If you cant connect is problem with dnsmasq (its the thing that controlls your ip address assign so there's the problem :D

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have got it working on my DD-WRT router, though the cron script doesn't seem to work, using inssider I didn't see the MAC change though while manually chaning the MAC it did obviously work and inssider saw it change as well. Anyone got any tips on what I am doing wrong with the cron script?

Walkin

travel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Me and somebunny are thinking of making a live cd ready to run so its just make a vm and pop the iso there or maybe boot it diretly in to your computer.

It would be great if someone created a Ubuntu VM ready to run, and would share it.

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
You just need to delete the connection that exists in the place you are.
And please dont call me sir :) I'm just 17 and half :P
Sorry for that ^_^
I have deleted them all (tough I wonder if it is really required if all those connections are currently off no matter what...oh well I can always set them up again)

I'm giving up on linux for this. Too many headaches and homicidal urges.
Come on, it's fun :D

Me and somebunny are thinking of making a live cd ready to run so its just make a vm and pop the iso there or maybe boot it diretly in to your computer.
In this case I'm ready to even bite myself and use Ubuntu...

Let's see...
Downloaded new script however now I get this two things (I wonder why...)
Code:
[root@localhost 3DSPass]# ./soft.sh wlan0 ppp0
net.ipv4.ip_forward = 1
dnsmasq: nie znaleziono żadnego procesu
last line means more or less "dnsmasq: not found any process" or something

Code:
[root@localhost 3DSPass]# ./wifi_zone.sh spoof1
SIOCSIFHWADDR: Zły argument
WARNING: The state match is obsolete. Use conntrack instead.
/tmp/tmp.KvnC9NUDIM/nztmp
Starting Nintendo Zone hotspot, using config ''Main MAC (All/Any)''
SSID: attwifi
First line goes as "SIOCSIFHWADDR: bad argument"
Again the Nintendo Zone is being found but no StreetPass stuff
This is fun but getting some results in the end would be nice xD
Ah one more thing
wlan0 is interface which 3DS will be connecting to
ppp0 is GSM modem thing which is connected to the internet
Pfff not sure what else to add...

alpha_noj

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very nice! Took quite a bit of fiddling around with, but got this working on my 2nd router (was just using it as a LAN hub basically) which is a WRT54G running Tomato. Works great now! Hopefully everyone can get my passes as well, since I can get others. Works great also because it doesn't interfere with my main router :yaysp:

Reactions: Jimbolicious

Walkin

travel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying the Ubuntu version with the script. My iphone see's the hotspot, and the 3DS see's the nintendo zone. I get this error on my 3DS when I try to connect to it. 003-2105 (communication error.)

Cheez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So I can't do any of this because I'm without a capable network card or mobile device and I'm forced to use this router or else my internet and TV doesn't work. What are my options?

nightbreed813

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I can't do any of this because I'm without a capable network card or mobile device and I'm forced to use this router or else my internet and TV doesn't work. What are my options?

You can hook up another router that will work to the one you need for the TV in a daisy chain fashion. You will just have to mess with the ip configuration to insure it is giving the right ip address to the 3Ds. Oh and make sure you delete the old router info from you 3DS. I had to use this to extend my Wifi network at my old house. One end of the house got internet the other didn't. Solved the problem. Pretty sure that's what alpha_noj did from the sound of it.

Cheez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It used to work when I did that, but after this router got a firmware update it didn't seem to work anymore. What steps should I take to make sure the second router will pass through to the main one?

edit: nevermind, the router is garbage anyway and can't be reflashed with dd-wrt or do the thing on its own.

What's a CHEAP way to do this? I'm not buying an entire new router, screwing with it for half a decade just to do basically nothing.

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It used to work when I did that, but after this router got a firmware update it didn't seem to work anymore. What steps should I take to make sure the second router will pass through to the main one?

edit: nevermind, the router is garbage anyway and can't be reflashed with dd-wrt or do the thing on its own.

What's a CHEAP way to do this? I'm not buying an entire new router, screwing with it for half a decade just to do basically nothing.

Cheap as in?
You can get a router for 20 USD these days. http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833704039 It looks like its supported by dd-wrt.
Cheaper than 20$? maybe one of their wireless cards, but you'd still need to set it up through linux, and if you're unwilling to put linux on your computer, a Raspberry Pi + ethernet cable + spare wireless adapter is your next best option.
But seriously, the routers that support tomato/openWRT/dd-wrt are the easiest, cheapest solution.

Ed: there's a review saying it's not compatible, but it was before the dd-wrt build for the v8 revision of hardware was published, so it should work.

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can hook up another router that will work to the one you need for the TV in a daisy chain fashion. You will just have to mess with the ip configuration to insure it is giving the right ip address to the 3Ds. Oh and make sure you delete the old router info from you 3DS. I had to use this to extend my Wifi network at my old house. One end of the house got internet the other didn't. Solved the problem. Pretty sure that's what alpha_noj did from the sound of it.
I'm about to follow this route as well. The wife is tired of Netflix quitting while she's watching something :D

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam

Jimbolicious

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Googling すれちがい通信中継所 with any our of info like dd-wrt or our MACs or SSID is yeilding nothing except the Taiwanese forum. I added 2ch to it as well and still nothing. They did seem to figure out from 1 of the 2ch post that games stay on the relay when not passed a day before us from what I can tell with my limited Japanese.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Googling すれちがい通信中継所 with any our of info like dd-wrt or our MACs or SSID is yeilding nothing except the Taiwanese forum. I added 2ch to it as well and still nothing. They did seem to figure out from 1 of the 2ch post that games stay on the relay when not passed a day before us from what I can tell with my limited Japanese.
I just got a Japanese streetpass yesterday. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end