ArtieMcD

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.artiemcdonald.com
XP
Country
United States
I follow this exactly and I cannot see a "attwifi" connection on any of my devices

Can you post a screen shot of your network connections... Do you the virtual adapter and does it show the network it's connected to is "attwifi"?

What do you get as the output to the following commands:
netsh wlan show hostednetwork
netsh wlan show drivers

Spzjulien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
hello, im using raspberry pi
everything work great without mac filtering

but when i try to mac filtering, i can see attwifi on my 3ds ... im connected (i cant with other devices)

i uncomment thoses 2 lines

#echo "macaddr_acl=1" >> $tmpfile
#echo "accept_mac_file=/home/pi/hostapd_mac_file" >> $tmpfile

but the connection test fail ...

please help :)

ps i found hobo from x6800 on acnl :P .... im from paris

Spzjulien

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Ok, I´m stuck.
I´m trying the Ubuntu guide with my raspberry pi but I can´t get an Internet connection.
The 3DS can connect to my wlan stick but the internet connection doesn´t work.
I can see the NintendoZone icon.
I checked my dnsmasq, but I couldn´t find any mistake.

It seems like my raspberry doesn´t let the internet through.

Also, then I stop my home_zone script, I get:
down: error fetching interface information: device not found

I dosen´t know what that mean. I assume that it has to do with my
wlan stick.

im using raspberry and working great, i had to fight .. but working now :)

what wifi card are u using ? lsusb ?

Zooplus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Good Morning all together (from the European Timezone :-D )

I´m using Homepass for quite a few days now and im very happy with ist..

But today my 3DS bugged me with an Updae for the Mii-Lobby, does anyone already updated and can tell me if the new Update is in any way disable our possibility to Homepass (a Nintendo reaction to the Streetpass "bypass" from the User side)?

And the second question is: It seams to be a larger update (from the Time it consumes on my friends 3DS witch is not using Homepass until now -> takes about 6-10 Minutes with a fast and stable internet connection). Anyone knows about new features?

Sorry for my "not so perfect english" ;-)

ThX for the discovery of Homepass.. And for the cycler scripts...

Skullx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

But today my 3DS bugged me with an Updae for the Mii-Lobby, does anyone already updated and can tell me if the new Update is in any way disable our possibility to Homepass (a Nintendo reaction to the Streetpass "bypass" from the User side)?

And the second question is: It seams to be a larger update (from the Time it consumes on my friends 3DS witch is not using Homepass until now -> takes about 6-10 Minutes with a fast and stable internet connection). Anyone knows about new features?

I'd like to know this too, is there anything in this update that can break Homepassing? I'm hesitant to update my mii plaza anytime soon.

Schaapje82

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I was just wondering, I have had my husband set up the homemade streetpass because I couldn't get it to work (it turns out my netbooks wireless adapter couldn't do the spoofing) but even after I've had him pause it for about half a day, I still keep meeting the same mii's over and over again. Any way to change this?

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
I was just wondering, I have had my husband set up the homemade streetpass because I couldn't get it to work (it turns out my netbooks wireless adapter couldn't do the spoofing) but even after I've had him pause it for about half a day, I still keep meeting the same mii's over and over again. Any way to change this?
The person befor you spoofed all the macs without randomizing

I'd like to know this too, is there anything in this update that can break Homepassing? I'm hesitant to update my mii plaza anytime soon.
DON'T UPDATE
I have read it has fixed some bugs on the new dlc's but we don't know yet, someone with several 3ds's could test if it still works?

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

That is a valid concern, though I hope they finally fixed the Warrior's Way bug, I think that it is so annoying to encounter! Good thing I got past it, but it still find it a bug that should have never be there.

Though, I think the concern about it is unfounded, if they want to block spoofing, it would almost certainly be at the server's side. If they want to block it client side, they would have to completely change the way the relay points work now and I do not think they want to put that much effort in it.
On a second not, I do not think Nintendo cares about us spoofing away, as long as they sell their new StreetPass games they are happy I would assume.

Schaapje82

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks!
But (I don't understand exactly how it works, so forgive me if I sound stupid) wouldn't stopping the cycle for half a day make other mii's come between those I was getting and my own 'visit'? Shouldn't I be getting others now?

Snailface

My frothing demand for 3ds homebrew is increasing
Trophies
Engine Room with Cyan, watching him learn.
XP
Wouldn't happen to be this guy would it?

AiZqo3h.jpg

From South Korea. Goes " Hiroo~~^^; " lol

I swear I get him about a couple dozen times a day. :lol:

Schaapje82

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Wouldn't happen to be this guy would it?

AiZqo3h.jpg

From South Korea. Goes " Hiroo~~^^; " lol

I swear I get him about a couple dozen times a day. :lol:
No :) I have about four or five that I keep bumping into. Geri from Canada, ajv from the UK... It's not a big problem, I can play the games, but my MiiPlaza stays about the same size. I have met about 60 now and my Plaza is still at 20 or so.

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Thanks!
But (I don't understand exactly how it works, so forgive me if I sound stupid) wouldn't stopping the cycle for half a day make other mii's come between those I was getting and my own 'visit'? Shouldn't I be getting others now?
yes but maybe you where the first person that came to that mac after him so you'll get him a lot. My advice wait a bit and you'll get someone else on the rest of the macs (this is the problem of mac cycling, you get a lot of mii's but the person next to you will get your mii on every mac)

Reactions: Schaapje82

Zooplus

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The

Okay.... Tested it with the 3DS from my daughter (she doesn´t care about Streetpass).. It still works, so no blocking of Homepass... only Bugfixes... and most important and bad also = no new puzzles :-(
So i updated the other two and all worked fine wit Homepass...

The mentioned Warriors Way Bug.. could someone explain it? I never run into an Bug in this Game..

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Okay.... Tested it with the 3DS from my daughter (she doesn´t care about Streetpass).. It still works, so no blocking of Homepass... only Bugfixes... and most important and bad also = no new puzzles :-(
So i updated the other two and all worked fine wit Homepass...

The mentioned Warriors Way Bug.. could someone explain it? I never run into an Bug in this Game..
Thanks for the testing.
ITS SAFE TO UPDATE THE MII PLAZA
for now :P

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thanks for testing! Works fine indeed and finally the Warrior's Way bug is gone, that one was so annoying!

The bug happened if you have an army of 9,999,999 soldiers and have gotten more soldiers a few more times. If you got into a fight, it made the game crash while saving...

Xellos Metallium

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
fanelia.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
i telnet ifconfig to find this 8400D2B251F1 macid stuck all day since last night.
i have no idea why?

i got 6 out of 10 passes this morning. homepass is working again after i reboot the router,
do you guys reboot it too (what's your schedule setting?) or this is just me?

Koldur

Virtual Boy Ambassador
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
i telnet ifconfig to find this 8400D2B251F1 macid stuck all day since last night.
i have no idea why?

i got 6 out of 10 passes this morning. homepass is working again after i reboot the router,
do you guys reboot it too (what's your schedule setting?) or this is just me?

These kind of problems all depend on different things, what version of DD-WRT are you using, what router do you have and what type of build DD-WRT are you using (mini, micro, std, etc.).

I have a Linksys 160N V3 with std-nokaid-small build 14929 and haven't rebooted my router since I powered it off 4 days ago.

DSoryu

GBA/NDS Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Something odd hapened to me testing a new WLAN Adapter.

I use the Windows 8 method, with Connec8 and Team Fail and Chaldron's MACycle

The USB dongle is an Atheros TL-WN822N. The adapter changes the MAC perfectly, but the hosted network adapter MAC is not set right, it has "1E" octect instead of the "4E". Anyway, I still got passes, but even in random mode I get 5 passes from a single mii, even 10 passes... so I guess those are people who have the same issue and didn't notice yet...

When I get back to use the Realtek USB dongle, it works well, spoofs the MAC correctly.

I guess this issue has something to do with the adapters, or the drivers... anyone knows how to fix that? Or a workaround to make the Hosted Network have the right MAC?

Gues I will stick with the Ubuntu Method for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte