• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I can pretty much confirm ssid does matter. I couldn't get a hit if I use Bestbuy but on the same mac I got a hit if I use attwifi.
*wrong thread*

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try sudo ./soft.sh wlan0 wlan1

Same error.

Tomorrow I'm going to do a fresh Ubuntu install of the latest version and start from scratch. If that doesn't work, I'm going to check out the post about XP, and dig out an install disc for one of the netbooks. I've got a Wifi dongle ordered from Amazon as a last resort.

fuze9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No dice so far. I'm using iPhone USB tethering on my MacBook Pro to share a wi-fi connection as "attwifi" w/ 40:53:50:4F:4F:46. Even though I get a notification "The Nintendo Zone service is available here," I can't actually connect with the app, and no SteetPass hist so far... Any advice? I've restarted the whole process, of course.

P

pasc

This poll has no conclusive value, the most important optoin

"A Unicorn with Wifi Antenna !?!" is missing so I had to go with the horse and glue a pasteboard horn on...

Either way... nice, gotta try this (linux VM)

Reactions: dicamarques

VIIth

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I had some problems getting hostapd in Linux Mint so I swapped to Linux. While I had some problems "configuring" the whole thing, it finally worked!
I had given up and accepted that I would never see the fabled green light in my 3DS, as they're almost nonexistent around here. Thanks a lot!

loco365

Trophies
XP
Looking forward to seeing the Android guide. I set up my phone so that it works off a reverse-tether so I can create a hotspot that I can use without having to disrupt my internet connection.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had some problems getting hostapd in Linux Mint so I swapped to Linux. While I had some problems "configuring" the whole thing, it finally worked!
I had given up and accepted that I would never see the fabled green light in my 3DS, as they're almost nonexistent around here. Thanks a lot!

Swapped to Linux? Which one? (Mint is based on Ubuntu originally)

I didn't have problems getting hostapd in Mint, but that laptop had a wireless card that wouldn't work with it.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
I have the WiFi tether option, but it presets an access point name. I'm not sure how to customize it. Nor am I sure how to modify security or MAC address settings.
There should be an option to change ssid and password. What phone are you using?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Slight modification to the scripts if you wish to have it run EVERY 5 minutes, 24/7, Hitting 40:53:50:4F:4F:00 to
40:53:50:4F:4F:FF.
*/5 * * * * should do the same, but you do not need to spam that often, ideally one can change on the same mac once per 8 hours.

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Of course, if lots of people use that modded script, then there will be a lot more street passes. I may very well have seeded a large chunk of the 40:53:50:4F:4F:xx space under the attwifi SSID. (This is randomly picking all values from 00-FF, instead of a limited subset of 40-4F in my modded scripts.) If at least 10 of us runs this every 5 minutes script, then on average, there should be 10 unique tags per 8 hours, maybe more.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
For those who tried my script but found that ap goes down and do not come up please pm the output of tge following commands
cat /proc/cpuinfo
nvram get wl0_ifname
ifconfig
iwconfig
ps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.