Votes: 292 25.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
On S5 you can do nothing. Same smartphone here. Even if you root it and install a custom rom or downgrade to kitkat I believe there is nothing you can do.
Have you tried the nbahomepass script in win7? What issues do you have?
Nothing seems to work. I want to start completely over. I'm trying to find instructions on how to nbahomepass script, but, I cant find clear instructions.

D

Deleted User

Nothing seems to work. I want to start completely over. I'm trying to find instructions on how to nbahomepass script, but, I cant find clear instructions.

NbaHomePass 1.0.2 is out.

• Issue with the reconnection delay, fixed.
  • Download and save the following file : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59471794/NbaHomePass.exe to the desired location
  • Open Start => Accessories => Command Prompt <Right-click> => Run as administrator
  • Then, in the Command Prompt you just opened, execute :
    • <Path of the folder containing the file>\NbaHomePass.exe <FILE> <SHUFFLED> <TIMESTEP> <DELAY>
      • FILE : name of the file containing all the MAC addresses (in the same folder as NbaHomePass)
      • SUFFLED : true/false if you want to shuffle the MAC addresses
      • TIMESTEP : time between two addresses changes, in seconds
      • DELAY : reconnection delay, in seconds

• The program will execute, then it will show you the informations and options that will be used.
  • If you disagree the configuration, just close the Command Prompt and launch again with different options. If you agree the configuration, just press Enter.
  • The program will now change the MAC address every TIMESTEP second(s), if you want to skip a specific address just press Enter and the program will use the next address.
  • When you want to stop the cycle just close the Command Prompt.
Here is a basic file containing 256 MAC addresses : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59471794/BASE256.txt

You might find some bugs, if a bug occurs, notify me.

What is not clear ?

Mot Elegy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure on your other settings, but you should change the ssid from "attwifi" to "NZ@McD1" and try it again. When I started to use HomePass again, attwifi was completely dead/empty of passes for the most part.
I did this, but now it's telling me the service isn't available in my country. Any ideas? qq

pattosai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
My Homepass just stopped working. It was working fine, then it just stoped. My ds wont street pass. My virtual router connects, its receiving and sending, my 2ds connects to the network, and anti virus is turned off. I dont know what happen.
Something like that also happened to me some time ago. But I couldn't tell if it was because I previously killed the program at a moment that would leave the setup not completely clean, because the timestep I set was too short (120 secs), or because I messed up something in the list of MAC addresses. I tested a few things like providing addresses that were not supposed to have cycled yet, or running again version 0.3 before running the latest version again. At some point the issue was fixed, but I don't know how :P

Shinji3rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
To those that are trying to use old methods, like homepass script, or Macicle and all that stuff with "attwifi" or "NZ@McD1" connections with password: THAT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE. Stop looking only on the first post and read a little in the last pages. The only method working in the last FW, and it's working great, it's NBA_YOH's NbaHomePass. You can see it a few posts above this one (#6246).

For mods or admins: Since the methods on the first page are old now, it's better to edit the message, hide all the content as spoiler for example, and put NbaHomePass there as an update to the message, making clear that it's the only method working now, with the exception of Linux and Raspberry's methods.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those that are trying to use old methods, like homepass script, or Macicle and all that stuff with "attwifi" or "NZ@McD1" connections with password: THAT DOESN'T WORK ANYMORE. Stop looking only on the first post and read a little in the last pages. The only method working in the last FW, and it's working great, it's NBA_YOH's NbaHomePass. You can see it a few posts above this one (#6246).

For mods or admins: Since the methods on the first page are old now, it's better to edit the message, hide all the content as spoiler for example, and put NbaHomePass there as an update to the message, making clear that it's the only method working now, with the exception of Linux and Raspberry's methods.

I was thinking of buying one of the pre built rasp kits so you just helped my clear up a few things, i figured all of the first page stuff was no longer valid, but it seems that this thread is basically dead.. Like you said it needs a good clean up, i racked my brains for a few days trying and trying with no hope lol

StevenSeegal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

The DD-Wrt router script from page 10 is still working fine.

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I did this, but now it's telling me the service isn't available in my country. Any ideas? qq
If you mean going into the Nintendo Zone app/program, then yes that is normal if you are using a 3ds from a different region than EU. If you still aren't getting StreetPasses using the main MACs then something is off with your setup. Sadly I am unable to help you as I HomePass via Windows 7, and even then I use an extremely odd/different way than almost everyone on this forum.

Davidson23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm with Mobster here

I tried with "security > None" but it doesn't let me connect
Also tried changing it but i think it resets every time the mac changes

Is there a pass or i'm just doing something wrong?

I don't recall him mention a pass in his post or perhaps i just missed it

Shinji3rd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
NbaHomePass starts a wifi connection with an encripted password, and you should not add anything to your 2DS/3DS. You don't need to add that wifi connection into the console, it's like an internal connection made for streetpasses that the console would recognize without the need of adding it or connecting it. Just start the program and you you do everything ok, close the 3DS lid while it's on and you will be getting streetpasses right away.

Davidson23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I did it as you said but i'm not getting any 'passes

Also had to do a system restoration because network and sharing was crashing so i think this is were i give up

Thanks anyway, bro.

KoopaStarRpad

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
NbaHomePass 1.0.2 is out.

• Issue with the reconnection delay, fixed.
  • Download and save the following file : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59471794/NbaHomePass.exe to the desired location
  • Open Start => Accessories => Command Prompt <Right-click> => Run as administrator
  • Then, in the Command Prompt you just opened, execute :
    • <Path of the folder containing the file>\NbaHomePass.exe <FILE> <SHUFFLED> <TIMESTEP> <DELAY>
      • FILE : name of the file containing all the MAC addresses (in the same folder as NbaHomePass)
      • SUFFLED : true/false if you want to shuffle the MAC addresses
      • TIMESTEP : time between two addresses changes, in seconds
      • DELAY : reconnection delay, in seconds

• The program will execute, then it will show you the informations and options that will be used.
  • If you disagree the configuration, just close the Command Prompt and launch again with different options. If you agree the configuration, just press Enter.
  • The program will now change the MAC address every TIMESTEP second(s), if you want to skip a specific address just press Enter and the program will use the next address.
  • When you want to stop the cycle just close the Command Prompt.
Here is a basic file containing 256 MAC addresses : https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/59471794/BASE256.txt

You might find some bugs, if a bug occurs, notify me.
So, Mac OS X users are screwed AGAIN? >_<
I don't think Wine would install that, and if, I have no idea how, really.

Davidson23

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well tried it again, turns out that after the system restore i forgot to turn off the firewall
Finally got it working

Edit: So I got it "working", I'm just not receiving streetpasses.
Check the windows Firewall, that was my problem
Either disable it or add nbahomepass as an exception

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
Well tried it again, turns out that after the system restore i forgot to turn off the firewall
Finally got it working

Check the windows Firewall, that was my problem
Either disable it or add nbahomepass as an exception
I have norton360. And I did add nbahomepass as an exeption. Maybe a system restart. I'll try in a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.