Not open for further replies.

axyyxa

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
This issue is really weird. Did you notice what was on the screen? Is your adapter able to change the mac address and keep connected to the internet?

If you really want to test, you can launch it again, the BSOD will happen. Then you will be able to access the registry in safe mode and remove the NetworkAddress entry in your adapter properties. After that you can try to reboot and see what happen.

Thank you, will try that and I wil try to see what the BSOD code might be. And I will try and see if it really changes the mac address.

Where would I find the "NetworkAddress" entry? Searching in the registry gives me multiple choices and I kinda don't know how to know which one of these is my adapter.

I don't know, a new BSOD just happened, and that was just starting the nzone.exe with BASE256. That never happened before. Maybe the registry is really messed up now :D

EDIT: Starting nzone. exe BASE16 or 256 gets me: DRIVER IRQL not less or equal
Starting NbaHomePass gives me the exact same message

EDIT2: nzone.exe BASE16 able to start after removing and reinstalling network adapter drivers

Last edited by axyyxa,

StevenSeegal

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Thank you, will try that and I wil try to see what the BSOD code might be. And I will try and see if it really changes the mac address.

Where would I find the "NetworkAddress" entry? Searching in the registry gives me multiple choices and I kinda don't know how to know which one of these is my adapter.

I don't know, a new BSOD just happened, and that was just starting the nzone.exe with BASE256. That never happened before. Maybe the registry is really messed up now :D

EDIT2: nzone.exe BASE16 able to start after removing and reinstalling network adapter drivers

99% of the BSOD with the "DRIVER IRQL not less or equal" message indicates a driver issue. I suggest to try the latest driver issued on your Wifi-card manufactor website. If you already have the latest try a reinstall or perhaps even an older driver

D

Deleted User

I created NbaHomePass to avoid this BSOD, may I know the exact reference of your card ?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NbaHomePass does not configure the sharing properties, so I think you can do that if you share your ethernet adapter connection with the virtual adapter.
I'm trying to share through my ethernet connection, also to avoid losing internet every 5 minutes when the MACs swap, but it just keeps throwing this error message
Capture.PNG

disabling sharing on the ethernet and enabling sharing on my wireless card results in my ethernet to become disconnected from the network, and also the wifi doesn't connect properly (DHCP fails on both ends, I've got two routers on the network, one wired, one wireless at 192.168.2.1 and 192.168.1.1 respectively.)

Unfortunately, I still can't get nbahomepass to work. I've set manually the virtual adapter to 192.168.137.1/255.255.255.0, which I saw recommended in a previous post.
Capture2.PNG

I've read through the last 6 or 7 pages of this thread but I can't seem to get it working properly.

ryo003

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Hi, I have a problem setting homepass, i'm using NbaHomePass on win10. I did everything the instructions said, but I noticed that while my parent adapter does change MAC address, the virtual does not, it has a static address not included in the cycle list. do I have to enable MAC change somewhere in the settings or what?

Mot Elegy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
After 2 or so hours of running this script I didn't get a single street pass. I already cleared out the 10 that were waiting in my mii plaza or w/e before starting this whole ordeal, so that's not the issue. My 3DS is properly connected to attwifi and I have the streetpass function turned on in all of my games, so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong on the 3DS side. I used my iPhone's 4G as the external connection to be shared and set up my rig to be sharing BlueTooth PAN with people using Wi-Fi, as detailed in this collection of screenshots of my struggles. I'm new to the mechanics of streetpass, but as far as networking goes I'm not exactly new, and I can't think of what the hell is the issue is such that I'm not getting any street passes. I haven't done much BlueTooth stuff ever, so is that the problem? Can you not use BlueTooth connected 4G as the extra connection to be shared over Wi-Fi? I open up stuff like eShop or just even the web browser so that it connects to the internet before I shut the 3DS, so hopefully that's correct.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
I've decided to come back to the homepass relay. I'm sick and tired of not getting any streetpasses.
I found out my router cant switch MACs. And I seem to have some other issues on Windows 7.
I want to try the Android method, but I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 with Lollipop 5.

If anyone can help me that would be super.

JRave

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My 3DS is properly connected to attwifi and I have the streetpass function turned on in all of my games, so I don't think I'm doing anything wrong on the 3DS side.

I am not sure on your other settings, but you should change the ssid from "attwifi" to "NZ@McD1" and try it again. When I started to use HomePass again, attwifi was completely dead/empty of passes for the most part.

Reactions: Mot Elegy

Mot Elegy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am not sure on your other settings, but you should change the ssid from "attwifi" to "NZ@McD1" and try it again. When I started to use HomePass again, attwifi was completely dead/empty of passes for the most part.
thank you very much, I'll give this a shot. been struggling to get this working all week despite class work piling up, so it's a huge relief, really <3

xdreamwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought my very first 3DS a week or so ago and am having trouble tagging people just because of where I live. I was doing some poking around and came across homepass. I have an old wrt54g router with dd-wrt on it already and thought I'd give it a try. I went to install the script using wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP in the Command Shell on Administration -> Commands but the only thing I get is "Connecting to nintendozone.no-ip.org (213.141.148.11:80)" I've also tried browsing to http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install with no luck.

I'd hate to assume, but I'm thinking http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/ is down right now, right?

Ichisuke

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've decided to come back to the homepass relay. I'm sick and tired of not getting any streetpasses.
I found out my router cant switch MACs. And I seem to have some other issues on Windows 7.
I want to try the Android method, but I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 with Lollipop 5.

If anyone can help me that would be super.
On S5 you can do nothing. Same smartphone here. Even if you root it and install a custom rom or downgrade to kitkat I believe there is nothing you can do.
Have you tried the nbahomepass script in win7? What issues do you have?

Hi, I have a problem setting homepass, i'm using NbaHomePass on win10. I did everything the instructions said, but I noticed that while my parent adapter does change MAC address, the virtual does not, it has a static address not included in the cycle list. do I have to enable MAC change somewhere in the settings or what?

What brand is your wifi adapter? Realtek, broadcom, atheros? Also is the MAC address of the virtual adapter completely different from the one of the wifi? Or just the first 2 digits?

Gligli

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Question here, sorry if it's already been answered previously but...
What does it mean when you always streetpass the same folks? Like, 20-30 Miis that repeatedly show up while you barely encounter anyone else. I used to get "new" people for completing the world map and various games requering different shirt colors on a regular basis but it's been a dozen days I'm just meeting the same Miis again and again...

Win10 / Atheros AR956x / NbaHomePass 1.00 and above / BASE256.

Last edited by Gligli,

hashcheck1

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought my very first 3DS a week or so ago and am having trouble tagging people just because of where I live. I was doing some poking around and came across homepass. I have an old wrt54g router with dd-wrt on it already and thought I'd give it a try. I went to install the script using wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP in the Command Shell on Administration -> Commands but the only thing I get is "Connecting to nintendozone.no-ip.org (213.141.148.11:80)" I've also tried browsing to http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install with no luck.

I'd hate to assume, but I'm thinking http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/ is down right now, right?
Yeah mines been working so far but I think site is down
Stopped working yesterday

rufuszombot

Assassin
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had Nzone working on win 8.1 (albeit poorly), but now that I'm on win 10 it won't work at all, it just says, "No hosted network compatible wireless interfaces found."
NBA just keeps telling me "An error occurred while trying to open the macs list"
And when using Debian in a VM, I just get, "No wireless interfaces found."
My wireless set up hasn't changed , and even Mac check says i can't do anything, even though i know I can, because I have.
So I'm lost, and any help would be great.
(2 o'XLs @9.9, 1 [email protected], and 1 [email protected]/9.9 Emunand)

D

Deleted User

I've had Nzone working on win 8.1 (albeit poorly), but now that I'm on win 10 it won't work at all, it just says, "No hosted network compatible wireless interfaces found."
NBA just keeps telling me "An error occurred while trying to open the macs list"
And when using Debian in a VM, I just get, "No wireless interfaces found."
My wireless set up hasn't changed , and even Mac check says i can't do anything, even though i know I can, because I have.
So I'm lost, and any help would be great.
(2 o'XLs @9.9, 1 [email protected], and 1 [email protected]/9.9 Emunand)

What do you write in the command prompt?

Alex2020

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My Homepass just stopped working. It was working fine, then it just stoped. My ds wont street pass. My virtual router connects, its receiving and sending, my 2ds connects to the network, and anti virus is turned off. I dont know what happen.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So i did the first setup using the first guide for win 7 and 8, now im running macycle.. So i just put the ds into sleep mode and it will get street pass's??

wenart

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
hi, so any method that will work with the android devices? I tried all the mentioned method in the first page and none of them are working now?

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My thing is, i am running on a mini desktop that i barely use, it is hard wired, running windows 7, i used both methods for windows and all the connections and stuff worked, using the built in wireless i was able to use virtual manager to connect to the internet and all, but what i need to know is if i go back and redo the second guide on windows, and not use the attwifi and use the other one, running mac shift and a virtual router, through cmd, can i use macycle to cycle my mac or do i need to use cmd?? Or can i just use the first guide and macycle? Im confused..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I have it in my hands