Status
Not open for further replies.

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Did that. It was just easier to quote your code.

Made it chmod, too.

I did the test from the link, got a broadcast to pop up on my phone's wifi, and the terminal is now showing this message:

"unknown mgmt cb frame subtype 4"

I'm about to break out the hammer again.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
New terminal window, killed the old.

Same command not found message. Even tried looking for the path that soft.sh is in.
If you type ./soft.sh it will look for the file on the home folder. Can you please tell me, what is your internet interface (the one thats connect to the internet) and the hotspot interface (usually a wlan0 or 1)

Reactions: nxwing

Sychophantom

I'm a plant.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Both are wireless. The internal card is wlan0, the dongle is an old one that shouldn't be able to broadcast, and wlan1

I'm trying to bring the connection in through the dongle and out the internal, since according to the link it should be able to broadcast. It did on the test on the page, then went haywire.

caitsith2

Trophies
a secret location 93 million miles from the sun
Website
www.caitsith2.com
XP
Country
Canada
Now let's cycle through addresses.
add the following line to Administration - Management - Cron

for DD-WRT Broadrom-based routers :
Code:
0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * root WLINT=`/usr/sbin/nvram get wl0_ifname`; /sbin/[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=arial][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#222222]ifconfig $WLINT down; /sbin/ifconfig $WLINT hw ether 40:53:50:4F:4F:[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222][SIZE=3][FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222]`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1`[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][SIZE=3][FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222][SIZE=3][FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222][SIZE=3][FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222]`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1`[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE]; ifconfig $WLINT up
for DD-WRT Atheros-based routers :
Code:
[SIZE=3][FONT=arial][COLOR=#222222]0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * *[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE] root WLINT=`/usr/sbin/nvram get wl0_ifname`; /bin/kill `/bin/cat /var/run/${WLINT}_hostapd.pid`; /bin/sed -ri s!bssid=.*!bssid=40:53:50:4F:4F:`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1``/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1`! /tmp/ath0_hostap.conf; /usr/sbin/hostapd -B -P /var/run/${WLINT}_hostapd.pid /tmp/${WLINT}_hostap.conf

If you still can not change MAC address by the methods above, you can try this one
This is for Atheros, but please be warned, this is slow, because it is almost equal to a complete reboot, and this can result in wearing out your router's flash so in several numerous cycles your router can be bricked, though normal flash should survive several thousands of rewrites.

0,5,10,15,20,25,30,35,40,45,50,55 * * * * root /usr/sbin/nvram set def_whwaddr=40:53:50:4F:4F:`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1``/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1` && /sbin/rc restart

Thanks to dapaua for quick testing!

Slight modification to the scripts if you wish to have it run EVERY 5 minutes, 24/7, Hitting 40:53:50:4F:4F:00 to
40:53:50:4F:4F:FF.

jhjsaat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Please make sure to keep using 34:08:04:BF:AC:8A as well!! You can get two extra streetpass from there if you swap it out with the others every 8 hours!

BerserkLeon

Not-so-new member
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm going to keep working on an android method for 4.3.
If you're on something other than 4.3 (I know a lot of devices still ship with gingerbread) you can probably figure it out no problem... though I wouldn't be surprised if some apps work and some don't which seems to be the case with 4.3 as well.
I'll keep trying.

Reactions: dreams062

iSubaru

Kitsune
Trophies
Website
clash-of-gods.netau.net
XP
Country
Poland
Hello

First of all thank You for very great tutorial, it's user-friendly and easy to set-up for most part

Second I will post some info for those who may have Linux with...newer/different Linux distros
- Sometimes the soft.sh script may call that he couldn't find rfkill in that case:
For Debian-based users (Ubuntu for example)
Code:
sudo apt-get install rfkill
For Red Hat-based users (Fedora for example) (like me)
Code:
yum install rfkill
- wifi_zone.sh script may call that he couldn't find network-manager file/script in that case:
Open the file (wifi_zone.sh or what You call it) and in line 77 change this
Code:
/etc/init.d/network-manager restart # yeah... didn't find a better way to fix it...
to this
Code:
/etc/init.d/network restart # yeah... didn't find a better way to fix it...

Third thing, problems more or less
The Nintendo Zone icon shows up indeed and seems to work, however for now no green light for 3DS (closed, powered on)
I will post from the console what happens, maybe we can solve this together
Code:
[root@localhost 3DSPass]# ./wifi_zone.sh
SIOCSIFHWADDR: Zły argument
WARNING: The state match is obsolete. Use conntrack instead.
/tmp/tmp.QbMSwlbDDM/nztmp
Starting Nintendo Zone hotspot, using config ''Darkloids reside here''
SSID: _The Cloud
The "Zły argument" translates to "Bad Argument" btw
I have left Country to DE because I am still not sure how Nintendo sees Poland xD
I'm using Fedora 18 (64 bit)
My network card (the dongle one to which 3DS can connect as around-around is rt73usb kernel)
Code:
Bus 002 Device 002: ID 148f:2573 Ralink Technology, Corp. RT2501/RT2573 Wireless Adapter

If any more info is required I will try to post it

Thank You in advance and have a nice day

Subaru

someonewhodied

Lazy Person
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It should be noted that with LiveCD you have to go to computer/ect/apt/sources.list

Enable universe, disable other "downloadable" and change "download from" to "server for united states"

also uncheck "Installable from CD-Rom/DVD"

everything should work after that.

ytzone

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I changed my router's SSID and MAC address, but I'm only getting nintendo zone and no streetpasses. Am I doing something wrong? Or do I just have to wait? It's been changed for about 2 hours now.

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
Both are wireless. The internal card is wlan0, the dongle is an old one that shouldn't be able to broadcast, and wlan1

I'm trying to bring the connection in through the dongle and out the internal, since according to the link it should be able to broadcast. It did on the test on the page, then went haywire.
Try sudo ./soft.sh wlan0 wlan1

Is there any guide for Android yet?(I might have missed it :P )
Not yet since I dont use 3G on my phone its going to be a bit hard, if someone wants to give a go for the guide go ahed

Glad you got it working, about the rfkill apt-get, i didnt added that because the version i'm using has it already (at least it said that was already installed) (ubuntu latest release).
As said in the beggining this guide was made for ubuntu in mind. But somebunny is fixing some issues with his script to make it simpler and we are thinking of making a live-cd that you just open a program and the hotspot is done. But first we have to fix all the bugs xD

dicamarques

OP
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
I changed my router's SSID and MAC address, but I'm only getting nintendo zone and no streetpasses. Am I doing something wrong? Or do I just have to wait? It's been changed for about 2 hours now.
Make sure your 3ds connects to the internet (use the nzone app to test it) and remove any internet configs from your 3ds settings so theres no attempt to communicate to any router arround you.

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Here's how I did it on my lg p350 cm7.2:
Go to /data/misc /wifi and edit the "config" file.
Hope that helps. Maybe it'll work on other devices as well.

[Truth]

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Now let's cycle through addresses.
add the following line to Administration - Management - Cron

for DD-WRT Broadrom-based routers :
Code:
0,30 1-7 * * * root WLINT=`/usr/sbin/nvram get wl0_ifname`; /sbin/[/COLOR][/FONT][/SIZE][FONT=arial][SIZE=13px][COLOR=#222222]ifconfig $WLINT down; /sbin/ifconfig $WLINT hw ether 40:53:50:4F:4F:4`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1`; ifconfig $WLINT up
for DD-WRT Atheros-based routers :
Code:
0,30 1-7 * * * root WLINT=`/usr/sbin/nvram get wl0_ifname`; /bin/kill `/bin/cat /var/run/${WLINT}_hostapd.pid`; /bin/sed -ri s!bssid=.*!bssid=40:53:50:4F:4F:4`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1`! /tmp/ath0_hostap.conf; /usr/sbin/hostapd -B -P /var/run/${WLINT}_hostapd.pid /tmp/${WLINT}_hostap.conf

If you still can not change MAC address by the methods above, you can try this one
This is for Atheros, but please be warned, this is slow, because it is almost equal to a complete reboot, and this can result in wearing out your router's flash so in several numerous cycles your router can be bricked, though normal flash should survive several thousands of rewrites.

0,30 1-7 * * * root /usr/sbin/nvram set def_whwaddr=40:53:50:4F:4F:4`/bin/cat /proc/interrupts | /usr/bin/md5sum | /usr/bin/cut -b 1` && /sbin/rc restart

Thanks to dapaua for quick testing!
So i only need a DD-WRT compatible router to use this cycle script?

Btw. there is still some BB-code in the script. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @AncientBoi do you know spanish?