• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Sorry, seems I was not completely awake yet and it used to work.

You know that the SSID is case-sensitive?
Yes, I was doing it with correct uppercase letters. :)
But I have some questions. What can I use instead of BASE256,GBATEMP? can I write multiple country codes after it? Oh, and does setting WPA encryption with the password found in nzone.exe work?

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yes, I was doing it with correct uppercase letters. :)
But I have some questions. What can I use instead of BASE256,GBATEMP? can I write multiple country codes after it? Oh, and does setting WPA encryption with the password found in nzone.exe work?
There is no sense using MAC lusts other than BASExx in Windows, you can't reach the MACs from other lists because of the driver limitation in Windows

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
On dd-wrt only open system security is possible for home pass. You can use the full list of country codes with dd-wrt, ad I described in instruction.
Thanks a lot and sorry. I'm not English so I had some trouble with understanding it. And what do you mean by full list of country codes? Only those five in your instructions or all the ones found at 3dbrew? And does using country codes means that they contain macs not in Base macs, and they add to the cycling list? And how fast the cycling will be with all those macs from all those countries? Sorry for the long post.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Osmosis please once again read the instructions carefully, then read information at http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Nintendo_Zone, you can see tge exact case sensitive sdid values and service avsilability. As for router connections: both main and zone routers must have dhcp enabled, zone router must be in router mode and connected with WAN port to the LAN port of the main router. In that setup you normally won't have access to the zone router management through your main router network, so connect the PC for configuration to the zone router LAN port.

Reactions: Osmosis

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Thanks a lot and sorry. I'm not English so I had some trouble with understanding it. And what do you mean by full list of country codes? Only those five in your instructions or all the ones found at 3dbrew? And does using country codes means that they contain macs not in Base macs, and they add to the cycling list? And how fast the cycling will be with all those macs from all those countries? Sorry for the long post.
The only available countries is listed on my instruction. It may be changed if the real nintendo zone relay MACs will be found for more countries. The BASE and GBATEMP MACs are not linked to any country and uses the default SSID, configured in DDWRT WEB GUI, the country lists have the SSID linked for each MAC. There are about 200 macs for all countries total, so the MAC change delay is about 2-3 minutes. If you add GBATEMP, then most probably the MAC change period will be 1 minute.

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
The only available countries is listed on my instruction. It may be changed if the real nintendo zone relay MACs will be found for more countries. The BASE and GBATEMP MACs are not linked to any country and uses the default SSID, configured in DDWRT WEB GUI, the country lists have the SSID linked for each MAC. There are about 200 macs for all countries total, so the MAC change delay is about 2-3 minutes. If you add GBATEMP, then most probably the MAC change period will be 1 minute.
Then there will be an SSID cycler! :lol:
I'm getting more luck with attwifi than NZ@McD.
My linksys (main) and TP-LINK (Nzone) routers are all DHCP and they don't get along well. However my UPC router does share Internet with TP-LINK without any config. Guess I'll go with BASE256,GBATEMP. (And get disconnected every two minutes :lol:)

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Then there will be an SSID cycler! :lol:
I'm getting more luck with attwifi than NZ@McD.
My linksys (main) and TP-LINK (Nzone) routers are all DHCP and they don't get along well. However my UPC router does share Internet with TP-LINK without any config. Guess I'll go with BASE256,GBATEMP. (And get disconnected every two minutes :lol:)
Yes, for country lists SSIDs are changed with the MACs

seiko769

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay so I've had this successfully up and running twice once with attwifi and once with NZ@McD1. my most recent attempt was with attwifi and I had everything running smooth with my WiFi shared between my remote and my actual internet cause I don't want a dead laptop and don't wanna wire up either. When I wasn't getting hits on attwifi I went through virtual router to change back to NZ@McD1 when I did my laptop no longer said the remote server had internet access yet when I connect my 3DS to it it works fine? Even tested with youtube to see if the internet was running. So what's going on there? Also when I was on NZ@McD1 I got 29 street passes on ORAS(but no eon ticket DX) but never got a blue light saying I had a street pass any advice? update: so I did some MACycling than checked ORAS to see if I haf any hits and it turns out that there ISN'T internet access after all so how do I rerig my remote to my wifi like I had it?

SomeGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
I have two 3DSes with the same firmware version and Network Settings one is HomePassing the other's not. What's the problem? Both connect to the router.

Qoff

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
After a few months without doing it I'm trying again but so far without success. I tried the default method for windows 7 which is in the first page, I also tried the method using the nzone.exe and the BASE256 (but I got a blue screen 2 times with this). What should I do? Which method should I use, both my 3ds are in the 9.4

BTW: The router method still works?

SaebaRyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's official, it's woooork. Thanks duke_srg. You are great!!! For everyone Bitdefender blocks connections it's sure.

I excluded nzone.exe from process and folders/files in Bitdefender the automatic mac address doesn't take effect.

I found those in the windows event log :

"WLAN-AutoConfig :
Le module d’extensibilité WLAN n’a pas pu démarrer.

Chemin d’accès du module : C:\Windows\system32\Rtlihvs.dll
Code d’erreur : 126"
>> WLAN module couldn't be start

"SharedAccess_NAT
L’agent proxy DNS n’a pas pu allouer 0 octets de mémoire. Ceci peut indiquer que le système n’a plus beaucoup de mémoire virtuelle, ou que le gestionnaire de mémoire a rencontré une erreur interne."
>> DNS proxy agent couldn't allocate 0 bytes memory. It can indicates that the system doesn't have much virtual memory left, or that the memory manager met a internal error.

"SharedAccess_NAT
Le service ICS_IPV6 n’a pas pu allouer  octets de mémoire. Cela pourrait indiquer que le système n’a pas assez de mémoire virtuelle ou que le gestionnaire de mémoire a rencontré une erreur interne."
>> ICS-IPV6 service couldn't allocate bytes memor ..."

Any idea anyone ?

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Osmosis please once again read the instructions carefully, then read information at http://3dbrew.org/wiki/Nintendo_Zone, you can see tge exact case sensitive sdid values and service avsilability.

Now THAT'S an awesome link. It should be bumped into instructions.

As for router connections: both main and zone routers must have dhcp enabled, zone router must be in router mode and connected with WAN port to the LAN port of the main router.

Ahhh... then I was doing it wrong by following the DD-WRT access point instructions. They kept telling me to disable DHCP. I'm also going to assume that I shouldn't touch DNSMasq since you pointed out I need to use DNS. (still trying to figure that part out)

I'm also assuming I should use static IP on the WAN port. Again, if I disable it like the DD-WRT instructions, it locks down. Although I could use AutoDHCP and just static the NZ router from the main router.

I've also been turning the WAN port into a LAN switch. So I'll stop doing that. Thank you for that clarification.

In that setup you normally won't have access to the zone router management through your main router network, so connect the PC for configuration to the zone router LAN port.

Actually, I've discovered that sometimes when I plug the main line into a LAN port on NZ router that I can find the NZ router through my network by putting my PC IP configs to:
192.168.1.9 (or my PC static IP)
192.168.1.3 (.3 is NZ router)

Although, using the DNS address isn't working just yet because I have no idea how to setup DNS. Any good instructionals you think I could use? So many through my searches seem too complicated or use the DDNS which just goes right over my head.

Osmosis

Accidents Happen. Don't be one of them.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two 3DSes with the same firmware version and Network Settings one is HomePassing the other's not. What's the problem? Both connect to the router.

Maybe try hosting both "attwifi" -AND- "NZ@McD1" and connect one 3DS per SSID. In DD-WRT just ADD another wireless SSID (right under the first one).

Are you using MAC filter? Make sure both 3DS' MACs are in the list and set to ALLOW.

Try clearing/deleting -ALL- connections from both 3DSes, turn wifi off/on make new connection. Sometimes the 3DS doesn't clear network cache properly.

EDIT: Also make sure your DHCP list allows more than 3 connections. Default is 50. I've been setting to 1 and am now using 2 to make sure I have one open for my 3DS and one for my laptop. With two 3DSes you will need at least 3. Go for 10 just to be safe. Or just leave at default of 50.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Illinois is working to ban toxic food additives that have been banned for decades in other countries; additives that can be replaced and all those countries still have Skittles and Mountain Dew. Title of the piece: GUBMINT WANTS TO TAKE AWAY YOUR CANDY
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Gee, I wonder if the author is biased?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Sounds and smells like bullshit. They don't give you cancer, and California should know that. I don't get why they stick labels that say "may or may not cause reproductive harm or cancer".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Arsenic doesn't give you cancer either.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    California has already banned those additives BTW.
    +2
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Psi has been banned in the state of California.
    +2
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I am the cancer!!! lol
    Yayyy got arcade games on the Pi working lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Cool.
    Now to spend 6 months deleting all the garbage lol
    Mame should be two sets one for preservation of everything and one set for people who just want to play and enjoy the old old ganes
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Shouldn't preservation be legal tho?
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, I always see this dude's shorts, he sounds pretty annoying.
    +1
    Preservation yeah it absolutely should be legal
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, Believe Japan was going to make it legal at some point, according to a Kotaku story.
    +1
    I swear like 99% of arcade games wouldn't even exist these days outside of MAME the arcade machines are old and busted very few ever saw any sort of home conversion
    We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, There's a lot of obscure Japanese arcade titles that are either lost to time or dumped.
    +1
    It's so unfair, maybe AI can save us lol
    I mean if a company could use AI to do the work of a home conversion for essentially free why not? The rights for some games are completely lost though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Psionic Roshambo, AI is taking our jobs!
    +1
    Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Just tried the Master System version.... Ugghh