Status
Not open for further replies.

SpidersPrey

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, so I'm having a very unique problem...
I never updated to the new firmware because I don't trust new updates, and seeing how the last one broke attwifi, I didn't want to take my chances with a new update breaking NZ@McD1.

So just to start off, I am still on Firmware version 9.2.0-20U.

I am using the windows 7/8 method of maintaining a homepass with the MACycle application made by Team Fail. I do not use the prime MACs - I use my own MAC list, built by myself - and me and my friend use that list to just streetpass each other as many times a day as we want. (usually around 20-50 a day).

My reasons for doing this are essentially that we just want to streetpass each other continually, with no-one else involved. The reasons are really not important though....

Now, this method was working until just a few hours ago - working flawlessly, in fact - but since around 8:23 PM USA Eastern Standard Time (EST), the relay has officially stopped working, and I can't figure out why....

Remember - I am STILL ON 9.2.0-20U ..... AND I am using NZ@McD1. Now, being the windows method, this does use encyption, but that shouldn't matter because I'm not using the firmware that recently broke that. So I ask the brilliant minds here... WTF happened? ..... I checked the firmware, and I have not auto-updated... I checked the home screen, and the Nintendo Zone appears to be available... Any ideas anyone?

Windows method for streetpassing is inexplicably working again.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
So I got some streetpasses. All from Italy...
I do have a couple questions.
1:Can I or should I use maccheck and nzone together or singlely?
2: How do I turn off maccheck or nzone?
3: how do I get streetpasses not only from Italy?

SaebaRyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The nzone.exe changed my virtual router settings by :
ssid : ConsoleNintendo3DS
password : &Œ¼ºà•(=Ìí5µ2CVשL3C9

I didn't change those at first then tried with the password "password" or "nintendozone" on my three 3DS.

None of them could get streetpass.

So I modified manually the password in Virtual Router ("password" or "nintendozone") but still no luck

Should I add the password &Œ¼ºà•(=Ìí5µ2CVשL3C9 on my 3DS ? (Well it looks like a pain in the ... to add it on the 3DS ...)

superdbop

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I didn't change those at first then tried with the password "password" or "nintendozone" on my three 3DS.

So I modified manually the password in Virtual Router ("password" or "nintendozone") but still no luck

Should I add the password &Œ¼ºà•(=Ìí5µ2CVשL3C9 on my 3DS ? (Well it looks like a pain in the ... to add it on the 3DS ...)

I just tried the password on my 3DS. I get the message "The data entered is incorrect."

*edit*
I should mention that you don't need to create a connection in your 3DS to get streetpasses with the new nzone.exe. It acts as if it's a real protected NintendoZone and the 3DS is able to connect without needing a password.

Bambamthepyro

Trophies
XP
Country
I just tried the password on my 3DS. I get the message "The data entered is incorrect."

*edit*
I should mention that you don't need to create a connection in your 3DS to get streetpasses with the new nzone.exe. It acts as if it's a real protected NintendoZone and the 3DS is able to connect without needing a password.
is there a why to turn this off? It seems the whenever I turn in my PC, it starts. I would like to go onto the eshop.
also if there's a way to set the mac address back to normal.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
SaebaRyo yes, the sctipt is the only way to make homepass in Widows for fw 9.3.0+. And you don't have to configure any connection, this SSID is preconfigured with nintendo 3DS firmware. And not, this is not the password.

1. macheck should be used only once before nzone, just to ensure your wireless adapter is able to change MAC address for the hosted network. It takes several minutes to check so it is not integrated in nzone, which is not checking actual MAC check.
2. you don't need to disable maccheck, it just runs once and do not install anything. nzone creates only a scheduled job, so to disable it just run nzone stop and it will not affect your system unless you start it again
3. You will get streetpasses from different countries as soon as more people will join streetpass with the same script. The ssid is originaly from the Italian zone, so probably Nintendo just spreads a local streetpass data with the MACs registered for the SSID.

Could we have the sources of the nzone.exe ?
nzone.exe is based on nzone.vbs. The secret part is not mine property so I'm not gonna open it, otherwise everyone will loose the ability for streetpass that way much sooner.

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Could we have the sources of the nzone.exe ?

Note that data for NZ@McD1 was not changed from 9.0.0 to 9.4.0, but we lost the streetpass ability. So most probably it won't help. But two people can check all SecurityMode=0 SSIDs by changing the value in nzone.vbs and using BASE1 mac.

bluebright

Trophies
Website
www.portablespacemuseum.com
XP
Country
Okay! So, I trying to install nzone on my router. I've installed custom tomato firmware on my Asus RT-N15U and got all the way to logging in through SSH. I've pasted this in:

wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP
and when I hit enter I get this response from my router:

Code:
root@unknown:/tmp/home/root# wget -O /tmp/nzone.sh http://nintendozone.no-ip.org
/install; chmod +x /tmp/nzone.sh; /tmp/nzone.sh BASE16,GBATEMP
Connecting to nintendozone.no-ip.org (213.141.148.11:80)
System not supported

Any idea's? I feel like I'm soooooo close!

SaebaRyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SaebaRyo yes, the sctipt is the only way to make homepass in Widows for fw 9.3.0+. And you don't have to configure any connection, this SSID is preconfigured with nintendo 3DS firmware. And not, this is not the password.

1. macheck should be used only once before nzone, just to ensure your wireless adapter is able to change MAC address for the hosted network. It takes several minutes to check so it is not integrated in nzone, which is not checking actual MAC check.
2. you don't need to disable maccheck, it just runs once and do not install anything. nzone creates only a scheduled job, so to disable it just run nzone stop and it will not affect your system unless you start it again
3. You will get streetpasses from different countries as soon as more people will join streetpass with the same script. The ssid is originaly from the Italian zone, so probably Nintendo just spreads a local streetpass data with the MACs registered for the SSID.

nzone.exe is based on nzone.vbs. The secret part is not mine property so I'm not gonna open it, otherwise everyone will loose the ability for streetpass that way much sooner.

Thanks Duke and Superbdrop, i'll test it tonight

But i hope that my 9.2 and 7.x won't be impacted :P

Liborio07

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
duke_srg
Before anything, thank you for your efforts, it's very appreciated!
I need your help: i was trying to download the maccheck.mcd script from the link you've attached in your guide, but I can't seem to succeed. The only thing i get is a white page with various quotes in it. I've tried with two different PCs, both running win7, a laptop and a desktop, with three different browsers: Chrome, Mozilla, and finally (it pains me to admit it xD) internet explorer, but nothing changed... Also if I try to download the other script, nzone.exe, it does dl it without any problem. Can you lend me a hand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."