Status
Not open for further replies.

pBullet

SHSL Idol
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is what I do, and to great success with tons of streetpasses.

What you will need:
- Windows 7/8
- A laptop (or a desktop with a wireless adapter)
- An ethernet cable that connects directly from your laptop/desktop to your router.

Make sure your wireless connection is NOT connected, and that you are connected through your Ethernet cable to the Internet.

First, open command prompt (Run > type "cmd"). Here, type the following:

Code:
getmac

This is the current mac addresses of all your transports. Keep note of them, if something ends up going wrong in the end for whatever reason.

Keep the same command prompt open, and type the following:

Code:
netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=attwifi key=whateveryouwant

Change "whateveryouwant" to literally whatever you want as a password for the virtual network. Make note you will need to know it in order for other devices (like the 3DS) to connect to it. Note that the SSID must be attwifi.

While still in command prompt, run:

Code:
netsh wlan start hostednetwork

Open Network Connections and you should see three connections; your Ethernet, your Wireless, and then the new attwifi spot.

Right click your Ethernet, go to properties. In the tab "sharing", select the first option and then select "attwifi" to share the connection with.

After doing this, you are now hosting the connection on your PC through your wireless card. The only problem is, you guessed it, the MAC address.

I wrote a batch script myself that lets me change the MAC address at a 30 minute interval (so you can keep streetpassing as you connect to different macs). Here's the batch script:

You will need:
- A folder anywhere on your PC, preferably in the root of C:
- Macshift downloaded and extracted into that very same folder you created in the earlier point. Note that this folder has three files, and you cannot put a folder inside a folder otherwise it will not work. The three files MUST be inside the folder you created!
- Two files that I created. Unfortunately GBATemp doesn't allow .bat files to be uploaded so you'll have to make them. There is also one text file.

homepass.bat
Code:
echo off
echo Welcome to Bullet's Homepass Script!
echo I will be cycling through PRIME MAC addresses in SEQUENTIAL order.
echo.
for /f "delims=" %%x in (macs.txt) do call :changemac %%x
goto done

:changemac
set macaddr=%1
macshift -i "Wi-Fi" %macaddr%
echo.
echo Starting the hosted network...
echo MAC address is currently %macaddr%. Waiting 30 minutes...
timeout 1800

:done
echo.
echo Stopping the hosted network...

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

macs.txt
Code:
4E53504F4F46
4E53504F4F47
4E53504F4F48
4E53504F4F49
4E53504F4F4A
4E53504F4F4B
4E53504F4F4C
4E53504F4F4D
4E53504F4F4E
4E53504F4F4F
4E53504F4F45
4E53504F4F44
4E53504F4F43
4E53504F4F42
4E53504F4F41
4E53504F4F40

Your folder should end up looking like this:

C:\homepass

homepass.bat
macs.txt
macshift.exe
validmacs.h

Open Command Prompt once again (if you closed it) and run the following:

Code:
cd C:\path_to_your_folder

While replacing the path_to_your_folder to where you made this folder. If you called the folder, for example, "homepass", in the root of your C drive, you can do:

Code:
cd C:\homepass

Then type the following:

Code:
start homepass.bat

And that's it! You should start receiving streetpasses in a few moments. You can add more mac addresses to macs.txt. They cycle in order from beginning to end.

If you want to be clever and randomly cycle through macs instead, replace homepass.bat with this instead:

Code:
echo off
echo Welcome to Bullet's Homepass Script!
echo I will be cycling through ALL MAC addresses in RANDOM order.
echo.
for /f "delims=" %%a in (G:\homepass\more_macs.txt) do call set "$$%%random%%=%%a"
(for /f "tokens=1,* delims==" %%a in ('set $$') do echo(%%b)>more_macs.txt
for /f "delims=" %%x in (G:\homepass\more_macs.txt) do call :changemac %%x
goto done

:changemac
set macaddr=%1
macshift -i "Wi-Fi" %macaddr%
echo.
echo Starting the hosted network...
echo MAC address is currently %macaddr%. Waiting 30 minutes...
timeout 1800

:done
echo.
echo Stopping the hosted network...

netsh wlan stop hostednetwork

And then use a file called more_macs.txt to host all the macs you want to randomly go through.

davie~c

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello

I have a Linksys WRT54GS v5.0 / v5.1 and was looking to create a Homepass router out of it - can anyone recommend a good DDWRT build to use for the method stated in the guides on the first pages of this thread?

Many Thanks in advance!

oh im already using the windows 7 method which works a charm!!

Duo8

Trophies
XP
Country
Vietnam
Hello

I have a Linksys WRT54GS v5.0 / v5.1 and was looking to create a Homepass router out of it - can anyone recommend a good DDWRT build to use for the method stated in the guides on the first pages of this thread?

Many Thanks in advance!

oh im already using the windows 7 method which works a charm!!

Any build should work.

megacard

Trophies
XP
Country
When I open Virtual Router Manager, I see that my connection to Nintendo Zone just appear for a while (maybe under 5s). Can anyone help me?

P/s: Sr if my english is bad

lambstone

No. Nyet. 不. Non. Nein.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
I had issues using the windows 7/8 method of setting up homepasss.

Decided to set up homepass (spillpass pi) on my raspberry pi and couldn't be happier. Significantly lower power consumption and works right out of the box.

For those of you thinking of setting up homepass (and do not yet have the required hardware) consider getting a Pi. You can unbrick 3DSes, have XMBC, and homepass

tkg21

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Did anyone that has a router with DD-WRT tried to setup a Virtual Interface for that?
I did put security on, because I failed the at MAC address filtering only for the wl0.1 (it seems that the iptable don't recognizes the virtual interface). Has anyone tried this?

Well, now I'm trying the mac cycling script :D
But, how do I stop it? There are times when I don't want it running.

Loke

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Did anyone that has a router with DD-WRT tried to setup a Virtual Interface for that?
I did put security on, because I failed the at MAC address filtering only for the wl0.1 (it seems that the iptable don't recognizes the virtual interface). Has anyone tried this?

Well, now I'm trying the mac cycling script :D
But, how do I stop it? There are times when I don't want it running.

http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/page-123#post-4883674

I posted a working script. Since I also didn't want to have it running nonstop I used putty and a program called macro recorder to run the script every 3 mins. When I had 140 streetpasses I just closed the macro program.

edit: some setup info: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/page-125#post-4899460

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
While switching a MAC address all virtual interfaces of a wifi interface will be down and MAC address will be switched for all of them. You should not use a virtual interface for nintendo zone until you're absolutely know what you're doing.
Please read this post carefully and try my script: http://gbatemp.net/threads/how-to-have-a-homemade-streetpass-relay.352645/page-10#post-4739510

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Reactions: octopus

duke_srg

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yes, the script tries to update a list when all macs was used from my server. My server on the other side updates its own lists from Google docs sheet with common macs.

Vylune

Trophies
XP
Country
EDIT: seems the linksys adapter I was using just did not like changing mac addresses at all (hence all the restarting) and now using the built in wireless adapter on my laptop (as well as it's built-in ethernet) seems to change mac addresses just fine. though while everything (including macycle, and virtual router) seem to be operating as they should, i don't seem to be getting any street passes outside of the ones i got from my first connection. Did I not do something correctly?

felystar

Trophies
XP
Country
I have tried W7 method and it does not work. In the 3DS I connect to attwifi correctly, I get Nintendo Zone notification, and then I change my MAC. I have tried to change both, my Wireless card and attwifi's MACs, but it just does not work, I don't streetpass. I have even tried MACpass and others. Every time I change my MAC, attwifi disappears, and it does not come back until I set back to its original MAC. My WiFi card is Atheros AR5B97. Any help?

Vylune

Trophies
XP
Country
I too still seem to struggle getting mine to send any streetpasses. Everything seems to be set up correctly, 3DS connects fine to the internet through the attwifi hosted connection. Nintendo Zone is blinking and states that I am within the Nintendo Zone area. I am not sure what else to do or if I somewhere overlooked something or something didn't register correctly.

At first glance everything seems to be fine, till I receive no street passes. Tried manually entering mac addresses and manually starting/stopping the hosted network. I've tried Macycle, and MacPass. used Virtual router manager as well. Outside of my very first connection to a nintendo mac address, I haven't received a single street pass hit. And none of them were even for the game I wanted in question (Bravely Default). I did also disable streetpass from Mii Plaza (I read that it has made many others unable to receive streetpasses for Bravely Default, and considering that is the main game I'm trying to find them for, I ended up disabling it. Not sure if that has had any impact, or was the reason I no longer receive any after the first mac address. It's been over 24 hours since then, and I still receive no street passes through homepass. :<

I wouldn't bother going through such effort to get this to work if I could get streetpasses through the normal methods, I haven't had one in over 6 months where I live, and I used to take it everwhere, till I eventually gave up. :(

Is there anyone who can help me resolve this? Your efforts would be greatly appreciated. :<

~Vylune

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1