Hacking How to handle SD card exchanges?

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Finally done with my first a9lhax on my O3ds previously on rxtools. I' planning on working on downgrading my n3dsxl next but before that, I need to grab new micro sd cards since I'm just using my spare card at that time... gonna get 2 64 gb cards and I was wondering if there are special steps necessary to exchange cards ...

Did the entire process create a partition or something that would interfere with just copying and pasting the files found at the end of step 3?

NintenDavid

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Finally done with my first a9lhax on my O3ds previously on rxtools. I' planning on working on downgrading my n3dsxl next but before that, I need to grab new micro sd cards since I'm just using my spare card at that time... gonna get 2 64 gb cards and I was wondering if there are special steps necessary to exchange cards ...

Did the entire process create a partition or something that would interfere with just copying and pasting the files found at the end of step 3?
There is no partition, unless you have emunand, so it is as simply as drag and drop.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Why not just buy 1 128gb sd card? Or are you going to use them in both consoles.
he got two consoles, he'll want two sds. and once you're past the trying out everything stage, 64gb is more than enough

that depends. on rxtools, you probably did have an emunand. when you moved to a9hl, did you transfer that emunand to sysnand (using the how to move rednand section of the guide)?
if you did that, yeah, you shut down the 3ds completely, take the sd, move everything to pc, move everything to new sd and put it back in.
just make sure not to put in an empty card, or things'll get a bit more complicated

Last edited by Clydefrosch,
Reactions: ih8ih8sn0w

raylgo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks everyone. I was planning on using 2 separate cards for both consoles but haven't bought the cards yet... Did the EmuNAND transfer already. Didn't think that it was important then because I wanted a clean slate for the 2 new cards. Oh well. Now to finish the N3ds downgrade.

qq12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Do keep in mind in you will likely need to format both microsds to fat32(or fat? Google this,I forgot) As sdxc usually come on a different format the 3ds doesn't support.

D

Deleted User

just format it to fat32 and copy-paste the content. the formatting may need some tools, but other then that...

ih8ih8sn0w

Koreaboo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use guiformat to format the sd card to 64kb cluster size. This will reduce boot times by about 2 seconds, and load times are much better compared to a 32kb cluster size (the recommended for smaller sd cards).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 9:02 am here