Hacking How to get save from a retail Card2 game?

Scorchy

Wanderer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello, i got a retail copy of Animal Crossing New Leaf and i wanna get my save to play it with my GW, but when i backup it and run the file on my GW, it says the save is corrupted and needs restore, is there anyway i backup my save to GW? because just using the game file don't work

piratesephiroth

I wish I could read
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Actually the OP' message is pretty confusing.
He says 'i wanna get my save to play it with my GW'. Does this mean he was already playing it on Gateway and wants to use the same save file on the new retail cart?

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Actually the OP' message is pretty confusing.
He says 'i wanna get my save to play it with my GW'. Does this mean he was already playing it on Gateway and wants to use the same save file on the new retail cart?

Sounds like he was playing it on an updated console and the save encryption is wrong to use on the gateway.

Wizardy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Animal Crossing uses old save keys, so no problem with that. Just dump your cartridge with gateway and then rename the file extension to .3DZ. You can use your savegame just doing that (I tested it myself).

PokeChampion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Animal Crossing uses old save keys, so no problem with that. Just dump your cartridge with gateway and then rename the file extension to .3DZ. You can use your savegame just doing that (I tested it myself).
I thought it was a certain download link.

TheOne61

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Just wanted to give a heads up, that I did what Wizardy did and it worked just fine.

3DS XL latest firmware - had Animal Crossing on it.
1. Took Animal Crossing Cart to 4.5 3DS
2. Dumped entire cart using Gateway
3. Renamed the file to .3DZ (!! DID NOT TRIM OR MODIFY FILE IS ANY OTHER WAY !!)
4. Copied file over to my SD Card
5. Viola - previous save worked fine.

Thanks Wizardy!

PokeChampion

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
"C:\Users\Kyle Duey\Pictures\Camera Roll\WIN_20141129_130944.JPG"

Going to use this with SaveDataFiler.

Scorchy

Wanderer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Well, i think i've once played another Animal Crossing New Leaf rom that was'nt mine so it created a new empty save file on my SD Card so that's why when i play my dumped retail rom it says the save is corrupted. I'm gonna try backup all my .sav and remove them from my SD Card, the plain dump should work now? Right?..

Btw, what is the SaveFileManager doing, can it somehow help me?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a