Hacking How to get roms onto Sky3DS Blue Button?

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have a blue button Sky3DS coming in the mail and am wondering, if I still have to use the their DiskWriter to get the roms on the mSD card. I searched on the official site, but haven't found any information concerning this. Most of the information there is about the new + version.

So can I drag and drop roms on the mSD or do I have to use the DiskWriter?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I have a blue button Sky3DS coming in the mail and am wondering, if I still have to use the their DiskWriter to get the roms on the mSD card. I searched on the official site, but haven't found any information concerning this. Most of the information there is about the new + version.

So can I drag and drop roms on the mSD or do I have to use the DiskWriter?
Only the orange button supports drag & drop, and due to them stupidly not making the red and blue button carts firmware upgradable there's no way that will ever change. At least the orange button is firmware upgradable, so future Sky3DS owners won't be left behind by new hardware revisions.
Ok, just gave the DiskWriter a go. This is what I'm getting when choosing a rom:

What does this mean?
It has something to do with the private header, it just means the info in template.txt was used instead of whatever is in the ROM. The private header in the ROM was probably blank which is why it gave that error. I don't think it supports using private headers built in to the ROMs anyway.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't really know much about Sky3ds but I think your rom is corrupt. Try downloading it again somewhere else ;)

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Only the orange button supports drag & drop, and due to them stupidly not making the red and blue button carts firmware upgradable there's no way that will ever change. At least the orange button is firmware upgradable, so future Sky3DS owners won't be left behind by new hardware revisions.
I see. Can you take a look at the problem I posted above your post?

Temarile

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ A9LH ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ)
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I've only found this video about Sky3ds Blue and DiskWriter, it's in Dutch though. (it wouldn't be that hard, seeing you're from Germany)

Maybe follow the video and see if you're still getting errors.

Question: Why do you have a Sky3DS when you already have a Gateway working?

Kyojin

#include "brain.h"
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I get this message with all my roms, which work perfectly fine with Gateway.

As @The Real Jdbye stated before, it's related to the Unique ID (which is something in the cart that is unique to it). Usually, ROMs that you get from Internet are "patched" (they either have a blank Unique ID or some public one that allows online access).

Here, DiskWriter suggests that it will overwrite that Unique ID with the public one from the Sky3DS template (that you probably downloaded from their website). Just click "yes", and the game should work fine. Also, it won't affect your ROM file, so it should still be OK for Gateway.

Note that you shouldn't go online if you are not using a Unique ID that you dumped from one of your games (so, if you are using a "public" header instead of a private header), or else there is a chance that you'll be temporarily banned from online services since you'll be using the same Unique ID as other players.

Last edited by Kyojin,

SpaceJump

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
It has something to do with the private header, it just means the info in template.txt was used instead of whatever is in the ROM. The private header in the ROM was probably blank which is why it gave that error. I don't think it supports using private headers built in to the ROMs anyway.
I see. So if I choose yes, the rom will be transferred to the mSD I guess. Will this alter my original 3DS rom?

I've only found this video about Sky3ds Blue and DiskWriter, it's in Dutch though. (it wouldn't be that hard, seeing you're from Germany)

Maybe follow the video and see if you're still getting errors.

Question: Why do you have a Sky3DS when you already have a Gateway working?

Thanks. I just like to fiddle around with this kind of stuff. But at the end the Sky will go to my little cousin ;)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.