Hardware How to fix white screen border? See attatched photo

nxwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Sorry if this is the wrong forum.

I found my old GBA SP and I am happy to know it still works. I noticed that it has this white screen border
1f545f379b13619c2a28255c64a1e54e.jpg

Is there any way to fix it?

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it an original front lit SP, or a later back lit SP?

If you don't know, push the light button, if the light turns off completely it's front lit. If it just changes between two lighting levels it's back lit.

nxwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Does that happen with other games or just that?

Other games too, the problwm is in the screen I believe

Is it an original front lit SP, or a later back lit SP?

If you don't know, push the light button, if the light turns off completely it's front lit. If it just changes between two lighting levels it's back lit.

It's back lit.

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Other games too, the problwm is in the screen I believe

It's back lit.
If you see lines on the screen of your Game Boy Advance SP during game play, then it is likely one or more of the components that create the image on the screen are damaged. This can occur if there has been an impact to the Game Boy Advance SP's screen, such as being dropped or hit. If your screen is displaying these lines through the game image, you will need to have the unit repaired. From an old Nintendo article

Reactions: nxwing

tvoretz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Reminds me of an experience I had repairing a DS. You might try adjusting the voltage sent to the screen; there's a small nob beneath the battery that controls this. Twist it a (little) bit and check the screen. If it's improved, twist a bit more. If it's worse, twist in the other direction. Keep that up until the screen looks normal and there is no flicker (look carefully).

(Generally, you shouldn't touch that nob, but since the screen is already messed up...)

nxwing

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Anyone know how to fix it please?
It's called screen bleeding I think. I never got around to fixing it. I've read guides saying that you need to open the screen itself and apply electric tape over the areas with the white border.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Wish I could use that for video editing lol