Hardware How to fix the PS3's laser

supermodchips

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello there. Supermodchips is here again to deliver another set of tutorials, this time, detailing how to fix the lasers in a a PS3.

--------------------------

How to repair a Playstation 3 PS3 Laser Mechanism

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

How to repair a Playstation 3 PS3 Laser

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

This is the end of my tutorial and I know that it may be considered an advertisement but if you are looking for parts, dont hesitate to shop at Super Mod Chips for any parts you may need, especially if you are Australian.

pepzii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good Guide ..

I got the New PS3 410 laser , it's in the 40 gigabyte version ..

http://www.repaircentral.com.au/console-re...ense-laser.html

Would you recommend using these guys ? they sound like they know what there doing , and price seem reasonable ?

The Playstation 3 Laser is responsible for reading the discs that you insert into the console. If this component fails to operate then game play and other functions involving the use of the disc drive will be affected. If this problem occurs then you require a Playstation 3 laser replacement. At Repair Central we offer you a cheap and reliable service to repair this problem.

Some common Symptoms & Problems you may experience which may suggest you require a New PS3 410 laser replacement

The following experiences may suggest a fail / burnt out laser

* Games fail to load

* Game loading time is significantly slower

* Gameplay is effected by pixelation

* DVD media loads fine , Bluray Movie or Game fails to bootup

* Game inserted but the Loading icon on the PS3 Screen "top right hand corner" is not spinning.

Playstation 3 KES 410ACA Bluray laser replacement module.

The KES 410ACA or commonly known as the Dual lense laser is cheaper to replace then the KES 400AAA , the KES 410ACA is design with two diodes , the DVD diodes and the Bluray Diodes are seperated into different entity , thus there fore reducing the time usage and comsumption of it's lens.

How to identify if this is the right laser replacement for your console.

The KES 410ACA is commonly fitted in to newer version of the PS3 , they are common in the 40 gigabyte , 80 gigabyte version. If you do not know your Hard drive size or version , you can identify it by how many USB ports it has.

* 2 X USB port PS3 version are generally fitted with the KES410ACA

* 4 X USB port PS3 version are generally fitted with the KES400AAA

How come the laser life is so short ? i hardly play it ?

This question gets asked every single time a customer advise us when they require a laser replacement , there is no accurate answer , what we can relate it too , is the trusty old light bulbs.

Light bulbs promises us thousands of hour , but every light bulb is used in different circumstances. Some might be switch on and off many times a day , some may experience power surge or maybe a faulty connector. Some light bulbs will be dimmer over long periods of use , because the element which eminates light is reduce in quality. Now relate this back to the PS3 KES410ACA laser , the laser after period of time of usage , will cause the lense to be burnt out or blurry , when the laser is not at its 100% power rate , reading media could be difficulty.

Preventive maintance and useful tips in extracting longer laser life

* Avoid playing dirty / scatch disc

* Keep your PS3 console in a dust free environment

* Ensure your PS3 have good airflow - Do not keep it in a Cabinate this will cause the YLOD "Yellow Light of Death"

* Remove DVD / Bluray Media when you are not using the PS3 for game or movie purposes

* Turn your console off from the main power switch located at the rear of the console

Why is your laser more expensive then others ? What included in the price ?

There are many types of laser on the market , the majority of the cheaper laser originate from china , these laser are not brand new and are just refurbish. Our laser are imported direct from Korea and Singapore and are tested throughly and it comes with 6 month replacement warranty.

Cheaper Laser - these cheap laser are collected from write off console or factory damage console , these laser are then recalibrated and increase the power consumption in the unit , thus therefore enabling the laser to work for a short time before burning out .

The price stated above , includes parts , labor and 6 month warranty

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Problem is my drive looks different than the guide here. Quite a bit different, so I don't want to go any further. Any tutorials on how to take apart and put back together this type of PS3/drive?

My PS3 is a CECHH01 with a sticker on the bottom that says manufactured in December 2007 for what it's worth. It appears to have the single laser as opposed to the dual one as well.

All the tutorials I've seen, the box beside the drive is silver metal, mine is plastic!

You can see how different the bottom of my drive is compared to the video above

Same picture as above, with the metal case removed

This part only has two screws to remove and then a couple clips on the side, not the multiple ones like in the tutorial

Ssseth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Since I couldn't find any answer on this I just took it to a guy in town that repairs PS3's. Was hoping to do it myself and save a buck, but better safe than sorry though I suppose.

He said it does appear to be a hybrid between the newer dual laser drives and the older single laser ones. They must have made this particular one only for a couple of months.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Yeah forgot to turn that off